Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Top SEVEN Power Forwards of All-Time. Rank them?

I watch the games and giannis is not on dirks level offensively but dirk is not on his level defensively

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    I watch the games and giannis is not on dirks level offensively but dirk is not on his level defensively
    That may or may not be true, but Giannis has avg over 27 ppg four times and Dirk has never done it.
    Dirk has never avg over 4 assist per game and Giannis has avg over 5 assist, five times.

College superstar

Duncan
    Barkley
    Dirk
    Giannis
    KG
    Malone

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I like to say that Malone at one time was the proto-type PF of all time / But then Timmy came alone , and literally could of had 6 chips.

Everyone else is basically #2 , but Giannis is playing and if he gets 3 chips no matter when , or where , I would consider him in the conversation with Duncan.
    ** Duncan could never run the floor like Giannis.

Banned

#1 Duncan
    #2 Garnett
    #3 Dirk
    #4 Giannis
    #5 Barkley
    #6 Malone
    #7 Pettit
    #8 McHale
    #9 Hayes
    #10 Rodman

GOAT wise:

Timmy

Hands down Timmy as the GOAT PF. From there, you could rank Dirk, Barkley, Mailman, and KG a number of ways. For me, I would go with KG, Dirk, Mailman, and Barkley to round it out.

In general, many lists tend to have Mailman and Barkley ranked over KG and Dirk. EVEN THOUGH KG and Dirk both won a ring in their prime. And were MVPs. I think BOTH were great enough peak-prime wise to JUSTIFY being rated over Mailman and Barkley GOAT wise. Even though Giannis could very well be the GOAT PF some day. And peak-prime wise, Giannis could also go down as the best PF ever. He's only 27 now. And look what he's done! If AD can get healthy and stay durable, he should get in this top 7 GOAT PF race. Hayes, Pettit, and Giannis all have the edge on him at this point.
    Last edited by bizil; 01-25-2022 at 10:35 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    GOAT wise:

Timmy

Hands down Timmy as the GOAT PF. From there, you could rank Dirk, Barkley, Mailman, and KG a number of ways. For me, I would go with KG, Dirk, Mailman, and Barkley to round it out.

In general, many lists tend to have Mailman and Barkley ranked over KG and Dirk. EVEN THOUGH KG and Dirk both won a ring in their prime. And were MVPs. I think BOTH were great enough peak-prime wise to JUSTIFY being rated over Mailman and Barkley GOAT wise. Even though Giannis could very well be the GOAT PF some day. And peak-prime wise, Giannis could also go down as the best PF ever. He's only 26 now. And look what he's done!
    I mean yeah Duncan's run away goat power forward sure.. but really only cause he was too p*ssy to play center and guard shaq for his first so many years in the league. then when Shaq got old Timmy switched to center and took on the challenge cause the league went small

kind of pathetic tbh

the guy was a 7 footer lmao

Banned

legoat when he plays pf.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

What i liked about Chuck and Mailman is that they played with POWER. Others play with more finess but no other Powerforwards played wth more POWER than Chuck and Mailman.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound View Post
    What i liked about Chuck and Mailman is that they played with POWER. Others play with more finess but no other Powerforwards played wth more POWER than Chuck and Mailman.
    Buck Williams probably played with more power but I get what you're saying.

National High School Star

1. Duncan
    2. Barkley
    3. Dirk
    4. Malone
    5. KG
    6. Petit
    7. Giannis

Duncan clearly.

Barkley has the weakest resume of the bunch, but he was a better player than all except Duncan.

KG never scored more than 35 points in a PO game in his entire career.

I really can't stand Giannis, and happily admit I'm biased. His resume puts him higher, but his actual basketball ability.... i think he's behind them all.

5-time NBA All-Star

Giannis should get special attention. One is because he's just entering his prime now. He came into the league not really knowing how to play ball and definitely not the PF position but improved to being the most dominant big man and among the most versatile PF's ever. His improvement arch is just better than all of them. He runs the floor better than any PF. He passes as good as any top PF ever. He's top three at defense in the above list. Matured into one of the best rebounders of this bunch. Has the highest PER of any PF ever. He's the best at getting to the rim of all PFs ever. He's had the best finals game and close out games of them all. Has the best three year stretch of any PF ever. Only Malone has scored more in a season on that list and only KG and Barkley has rebounded more. And this is from a guy who came into the league green, weighing 190 lbs and was six foot nine averaging 7 ppg and 4 rebs.

He could have played the game in any era because he learned the game while in the league and now has the most versatile skill set of the great PF's. Ability wise who would you compare to him? He can play as many positions as even KG on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard View Post
    Giannis should get special attention. One is because he's just entering his prime now. He came into the league not really knowing how to play ball and definitely not the PF position but improved to being the most dominant big man and among the most versatile PF's ever. His improvement arch is just better than all of them. He runs the floor better than any PF. He passes as good as any top PF ever. He's top three at defense in the above list. Matured into one of the best rebounders of this bunch. Has the highest PER of any PF ever. He's the best at getting to the rim of all PFs ever. He's had the best finals game and close out games of them all. Has the best three year stretch of any PF ever. Only Malone has scored more in a season on that list and only KG and Barkley has rebounded more. And this is from a guy who came into the league green, weighing 190 lbs and was six foot nine averaging 7 ppg and 4 rebs.

He could have played the game in any era because he learned the game while in the league and now has the most versatile skill set of the great PF's. Ability wise who would you compare to him? He can play as many positions as even KG on both sides of the ball.
    I agree 100% Giannis AMPED UP what KG did back in the day. I think KG's scoring skillset is better. BUT Giannis HANDS DOWN is the better scorer in general. From there, has as much positional versatility as KG did two way wise. Just as good of a passer and rebounder too. And to be frank, Giannis's brand of athletic ability is MORE SIMILAR to guys like a Bron and G Hill. He just happens to be 7 foot. KG was a freak athlete as well too. Jus sayin Giannis is even MORE freak athletic. At the end of the day (if he stays healthy), I think Giannis takes the GOAT PF crown from Timmy. He doesn't need as many rings. Just think his career numbers, peak-prime value, and solo accolades will justify the GOAT PF crown.

College star

KG is overrated. We've been over this and people are still rating him so highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound View Post
    Giannis CERTAINLY plays with power! Just so happens he's a POSITIONLESS type of 7 footer two way wise. Barkley though OFFENSIVELY played with tremendous finesse and skill himself. At least on offense, he had positionless capabilities damn near. It was Chuck who proved you could have the brute force of a PF WITH the freak athletic ability and skillset of the great perimeter players. Hell Chuck EVEN PLAYED some SF back in the day.

So for me, u can't really put Malone and Chuck in the same lane in a sense. Barkley was WAY MORE NEW AGE than the Mailman! He could do EVERYTHING the great SF's could do. OR BETTER! EXCEPT defend and shoot the three ball. But his OVERALL SKILLSET and athletic ability was more SF type than PF for that era! Malone's overall skillset and athletic ability was more true PF. He EVOLVED what a Pettit and Hayes brought to the table.
    Last edited by bizil; 01-26-2022 at 02:02 PM.