Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: “Organic rings”

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    I don't even count rings from the 90's just like how I don't count rings from the 50's/60's.

The league was just too weak during those decades to matter.
    But I thought you had MJ as the GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Holy shit you're right.

Too bad Jordan didn't do anything organic.

Joined a 55 win stacked team so he can be year 1 favourites and win championships.
    Lol idk if you're serious or trolling in this one.

Serious playground baller

Basketball is organic from the getgo but LeBron's rings are not?

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Honor Boost View Post
    Basketball is organic from the getgo but LeBron's rings are not?

Super-teams get Year 1 favorite status, while organic teams become favorite after many years.. That's why organic rings are harder/superior - there's no cheat code to favorite status for organic rings.

Organic teams achieve favorite status by adjusting to young teammates and developing them, while also learning championship strategy/brand.. Otoh, super-teams have enough sheer talent to get favorite status right away in Year 1 (the easiest path possible).

For example, Lebron landed on two teams that were Year 1 league favorites (11', 15') and became the league favorite when Duncan joined him in LA, I mean AD.. .

Btw, the 80's had organic super-teams, aka long-term chemistry > short-term collusions.. So the organic super-teams of previous eras would destroy today's short-term collusions due to superior chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Super-teams get Year 1 favorite status, while organic teams become favorite after many years.. That's why organic rings are harder/superior - there's no cheat code to favorite status for organic rings.

Organic teams achieve favorite status by adjusting to young teammates and developing them, while also learning championship strategy/brand.. Otoh, super-teams have enough sheer talent to get favorite status right away in Year 1 (the easiest path possible).

For example, Lebron landed on two teams that were Year 1 league favorites (11', 15') and became the league favorite when Duncan joined him in LA, I mean AD.. .

Btw, the 80's had organic super-teams, aka long-term chemistry > short-term collusions.. So the organic super-teams of previous eras would destroy today's short-term collusions due to superior chemistry.

WRONG.

"Organic"

adjective
    noting or pertaining to a class of chemical compounds that formerly comprised only those existing in or derived from plants or animals, but that now includes all other compounds of carbon.
    characteristic of, pertaining to, or derived from living organisms:
    organic remains found in rocks.
    of or relating to an organ or the organs of an animal, plant, or fungus.
    of, relating to, or affecting living tissue:
    organic pathology.
    Psychology. caused by neurochemical, neuroendocrinologic, structural, or other physical impairment or change: organic disorder.Compare functional (def. 5).

The word organic has ZERO basketball applications. It has as much application as the word "purple". Jordan's teams were more "purple". Makes no sense.

Please refer to this post for future reference purposes.

Jokic Stan

How is Lebron's 2020 ring not organic according to your logic? Lebron joined a crappy Lakers team the year before that weren't even close to the "favorites" to win...and then they traded for AD the next year...what's wrong with that? That Lakers team wasn't a superteam either.

7-time NBA All-Star

WRONG.

"Organic"

adjective
    noting or pertaining to a class of chemical compounds that formerly comprised only those existing in or derived from plants or animals, but that now includes all other compounds of carbon.
    characteristic of, pertaining to, or derived from living organisms:
    organic remains found in rocks.
    of or relating to an organ or the organs of an animal, plant, or fungus.
    of, relating to, or affecting living tissue:
    organic pathology.
    Psychology. caused by neurochemical, neuroendocrinologic, structural, or other physical impairment or change: organic disorder.Compare functional (def. 5).

The word organic has ZERO basketball applications. It has as much application as the word "purple". Jordan's teams were more "purple". Makes no sense.

Please refer to this post for future reference purposes.

Lebron never won without a super-team as the clear-cut top producer, so we don't know if he can win without super-teams, let alone staying with the team that drafted him and winning (organic).

Ultimately, Lebron only learned to team-hop - he never learned to WIN (organic)

Lebron was like "screw persevering and learning to win (organic) - get me a super-team and Year 1 favorite status"

1-9

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    1-9

Lebron had 3 years to develop his team into a favored high seed before entering the 06' Playoffs, while Jordan was thrown into the playoffs in Year 1 as an 8 seed.. So "1-9" compares 3rd year high seeds to 1st year eight seeds, which is dumb and ignorant.

1-9

NBA lottery pick

People say I work overtime on these forums but I have yet to lose 1 argument. Not 1. I haven't seen it yet.
    You get owned every thread son especially by me.

So I've been researching this phenomena of "organic rings" through the all seeing eye that is google and I can say I'm thoroughly disappointed. It seems that no one in NBA history has an organic ring....and for good reason. Who would want one of these:

Instead of one of these:

What kind of tree hugging zombie apocalypse shit is that Ish?

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    So I've been researching this phenomena of "organic rings" through the all seeing eye that is google and I can say I'm thoroughly disappointed. It seems that no one in NBA history has an organic ring....and for good reason. Who would want one of these:

What kind of tree hugging zombie apocalypse shit is that Ish?

Regardless of you guys playing dumb on organic rings, we know for certain that super-team rings are inferior, or rings where you aren't the clear-cut top producer

so Lebron has zero real rings... ...

College superstar

Regardless of you guys playing dumb on organic rings, we know for certain that super-team rings are inferior, or rings where you aren't the clear-cut top producer

so Lebron has zero real rings... ... or at least no rings that compare to the "organic" rings of others like Giannis or MJ
    They know what it is. Just pretending dumb because they dont want to admit lebron’s reliabce on superteams.

i am a retard with kds and is jealous about kong's four rings and finals mvps
    We know.