Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Re: Car prices are insane ya値l

Inflation + supply chain interruptions.

Which honestly, someone more educated please explain to me why there are continuing supply chain interruptions. Everyone is back to work. Nobody is not going to their job anymore because of COVID. That shit has been over with for over a year at least.

I read somewhere that the silicon used in computer chips got disrupted to an extent because of all of the silicon vials being made worldwide for vaccines and that's about the only thing that made perfect sense to me, based on the things that I've seen.

Other than that, what the ****? Some of this shit seems intentional.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

How are people affording these prices??

Banned

Ride a tricycle you filthy liberal

Why would you want to buy a car?

Remember, by 2030 youll own nothing and be happy ;)

And of course youre ready and willing to do it...

bc theres a scary and racist orange man telling you not to.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Why would you want to buy a car?

Remember, by 2030 youll own nothing and be happy ;)

And of course youre ready and willing to do it...

bc theres a scary and racist orange man telling you not to.
    better be a home owner and acquire assets quick or else you be stuck in a motel 6 with broken windows and ash trays everywhere living like a rat

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    better be a home owner and acquire assets quick or else you be stuck in a motel 6 with broken windows and ash trays everywhere living like a rat
    Stop talking to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Which honestly, someone more educated please explain to me why there are continuing supply chain interruptions. Everyone is back to work. Nobody is not going to their job anymore because of COVID. That shit has been over with for over a year at least.

I read somewhere that the silicon used in computer chips got disrupted to an extent because of all of the silicon vials being made worldwide for vaccines and that's about the only thing that made perfect sense to me, based on the things that I've seen.

it's a squeeze man. the supply chain across many different industries were interrupted, that's not a lie. but production has re-started long ago. it's just used as an excuse to permanently increase prices. everyone is facing inflation, but the opportunist are continuing to use the same excuse to raise prices across the board. one key material we use was supposed to run into major shortages, there are only a handful of raw material suppliers in the entire world and they all sent letters to their distributors that they would face shortages and as a result, increase prices. they increased the prices alright, but for someone reason they were able to meet all the demand in the world....hmmm. i would say that's impressive with the labor shortage, but the realist in me believes they saw the opportunity to increase prices 15% overnight and use covid as an excuse to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    it's a squeeze man. the supply chain across many different industries were interrupted, that's not a lie. but production has re-started long ago. it's just used as an excuse to permanently increase prices. everyone is facing inflation, but the opportunist are continuing to use the same excuse to raise prices across the board. one key material we use was supposed to run into major shortages, there are only a handful of raw material suppliers in the entire world and they all sent letters to their distributors that they would face shortages and as a result, increase prices. they increased the prices alright, but for someone reason they were able to meet all the demand in the world....hmmm. i would say that's impressive with the labor shortage, but the realist in me believes they saw the opportunity to increase prices 15% overnight and use covid as an excuse to justify it.
    What happened to your Dr Fauci avatar?

and vehicles are ridiculously expensive. someone offered 28k for my 2016 tacoma with 50k miles. that was within minutes of listing it for sale. i paid 34k for it back in 2016. i know toyotas hold their value real well, but i'm finding it hard to believe a 5 year old truck with 55k miles is worth almost the same as when it was purchased new.

on the buying end though, it sucks ass. trying to buy a Ram diesel pickup and even a used late model one is only a couple thousand less than a brand new one. 60k for a 2500 with 50k miles...i know that isn't a whole lot of miles for a diesel, but i can get a new one for a very similar price+tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Chip shortage bruh. Literally none are being made so… no cars.

Just like sneakers, their prices are way out of control too. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    Chip shortage bruh. Literally none are being made so… no cars.
    This. Even new or upcoming models to be released for this decade will have supply problems. The industry needs to fix this shit asap.

Great time to sell if you don’t need a car anymore