Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Cade Cunningham lacks the quickness and physical ability to have an All NBA caree

Snivelball

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Cade Cunningham lacks the quickness and physical ability to have an All NBA caree

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Snivelball

The amount of times I've been right, you must be about ready to kill yourself if I'm right again on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Like those guys who said Giannis was a fraud.
    Winning a championship he had no business winning, if all teams were healthy, won't change the fact that his game is suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    I think Luka is a lot more athletic than Cade

And assassin scorers are kobe, mj, bird, kawhi, curry - aka guys that are pure scorers (don't need to dominate the ball) - guys that don't dominate the ball can play a better brand of team ball (ball movement) and therefore need less help.
    Facts. That doesn't mean Cade won't be a great player though, he can work on his athletic ability & his off-ball game. Detroit's perfect for him as he can make all the mistakes and dominate the ball without having any pressure on him to win right away. Plenty of us made the same kind of arguments for Trae Young's ball-dominant style of play but it can win in today's NBA with enough floor spacing around that type of a player & some luck in the POs.

One of the big things that stands out about Cade is that he plays good defense already.

I usually hit open layups

I think Luka is a lot more athletic than Cade

And assassin scorers are kobe, mj, bird, kawhi, curry - aka guys that are pure scorers (don't need to dominate the ball) - guys that don't dominate the ball can play a better brand of team ball (ball movement) and therefore need less help.
    imagine calling Kobe and MJ "not ball dominant." lol. please stop talking.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Facts. That doesn't mean Cade won't be a great player though, he can work on his athletic ability & his off-ball game. Detroit's perfect for him as he can make all the mistakes and dominate the ball without having any pressure on him to win right away. Plenty of us made the same kind of arguments for Trae Young's ball-dominant style of play but it can win in today's NBA with enough floor spacing around that type of a player & some luck in the POs.

when did it win?

ball-dominance requires super-teams to win

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by taabhimself View Post
    imagine calling Kobe and MJ "not ball dominant." lol. please stop talking.

you obviously don't know anything about the game - they weren't ball-dominant and this is common knowledge - they were OFF-guards that played in the triangle (no point guard role in the triangle)

and the stats (high assisted rates) prove their lack of ball-dominance... That's why they could win with high scoring and ball-dominators can't - MJ/Kobe's high scoring was partially assisted, which elevates teammates and allows a ball-movement brand, while ball-dominators' high scoring isn't assisted and turns teammates into spot-up shooters, which reduces teammates and brand (and therefore can't win)

you obviously don't know anything about the game - they weren't ball-dominant and this is common knowledge - they were OFF-guards that played in the triangle (no point guard role in the triangle)

and the stats (high assisted rates) prove their lack of ball-dominance... That's why they could win with high scoring and ball-dominators can't - MJ/Kobe's high scoring was partially assisted, which elevates teammates and allows a ball-movement brand, while ball-dominators' high scoring isn't assisted and turns teammates into spot-up shooters, which reduces teammates and brand (and therefore can't win)
    lol bro go look up Kobe's isolation frequency then come back and post it.

7-time NBA All-Star

lol bro go look up Kobe's isolation frequency then come back and post it.

Isolations don't necessarily equal ball-domination.

This is an iso:

One of the primary reasons Jordan and Kobe are the goats is because they possessed the skill to isolate QUICKLY in and get quick shots off in spots that others couldn't..

their quick-iso ability allowed them to score big amounts without disrupting ball movement or lowering brand of ball..

Isolations don't necessarily equal ball-domination.

This is an iso:

One of the primary reasons Jordan and Kobe are the goats is because they possessed the skill to isolate QUICKLY in and get quick shots off in spots that others couldn't..

their quick-iso ability allowed them to score big amounts without disrupting ball movement or lowering brand of ball..
    lol post them iso stats bub.

OK if iso frequency doesn't do it for you, go ahead and post Kobe's average time of possession.

i love me some Kobe, but i just can't get over thinking Kobe was not ball dominant. lol. as if Smush Parker era Kobe was scoring on these quick iso hyper efficient plays. you need to go to bed.

7-time NBA All-Star

lol post them iso stats bub.

OK if iso frequency doesn't do it for you, go ahead and post Kobe's average time of possession.

Unfortunately, we don't have time of possession stats before 2014... But we know that Lebron set the record for time of possession with 12.0 minutes per game in various playoffs...

Go to any playground in America and the playground king will be a ball-dominator - it's the easiest way to play and not "genius" at all.. it's actually a dumb wa to play that reduces teammates and brand, which is why ball-dominators need more help to win (they need super-teams)

Unfortunately, we don't have time of possession stats before 2014... But we know that Lebron set the record for time of possession with 12.0 minutes per game in various playoffs...

Go to any playground in America and the playground king will be a ball-dominator - it's the easiest way to play and not "genius" at all.. it's actually a dumb wa to play that reduces teammates and brand, which is why ball-dominators need more help to win (they need super-teams)
    it can work fine with a good offensive big man as a sidekick and good 3 and D guys in the supporting cast.

i love me some Kobe, but i just can't get over thinking Kobe was not ball dominant. lol. as if Smush Parker era Kobe was scoring on these quick iso hyper efficient plays. you need to go to bed.
    That's a boring argument though. Kobe had to be dominant in the mid-2000s when he had a horrible supporting cast. They still ran the triangle though with Odom & Smush facilitating a lot of it, it's just that the offense revolved more around getting Kobe open looks as he was by far the most effective scorer on their team and needed him to take over games in order to come back or win them at the end.

when did it win?

ball-dominance requires super-teams to win
    Making the Conference Finals by beating the #1 seed with one of the MVP candidates (albeit not 100% but still dominant) in their Conference is pretty damn great for a 3rd year player who a lot of people wrote off as just a ball-dominant stat chaser though. Trae proved he could share the ball when needed, even though he dominated the heck out of it at times, but he knew when to take over games & when to go to his teammates. Who knows how the Conference Finals play out if he doesn't get injured, I still think the Bucks win in 7 games but Trae definitely proved himself in these POs.