Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Why are drivers mad and suddenly speed up if you try to pass them?

I drive to work in the morning time on my way to work and sometimes people are slow in the left lane. Most drivers speed around 75 or 80 and if I try to go around them sometimes they can start to speed up when I make a move around their vehicles. Why is the cause of this nature? Are some people so upset that they got passed up do they take it personal? I look at a scenario as this way, if you are in a hurry, speed up with me and if you are not in a hurry then dont mind me passing you by to work because I am in a hurry. Whats the idea behind their being mad or speeding up

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Why are drivers mad and suddenly speed up if you try to pass them?

It’s why you get a V8

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Happens all the time to me. And these people are driving like minivans and old station wagons too. I think they're doing it semi subconsciously. They probably think that they're driving too slow if you're passing them up so they decide to speed up a little.

The people that truly deserve a road rage beatdown are the ones that are on your ass as you're going 10-15 mph over the speed limit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Happens all the time to me. And these people are driving like minivans and old station wagons too. I think they're doing it semi subconsciously. They probably think that they're driving too slow if you're passing them up so they decide to speed up a little.

The people that truly deserve a road rage beatdown are the ones that are on your ass as you're going 10-15 mph over the speed limit.
    I raise you people who drive 10 mph under the speed limit in the left and middle lane

I find that if you stay in the slow lane, you avoid 95% of the a-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    I raise you people who drive 10 mph under the speed limit in the left and middle lane
    i mean, you smoke crack dude...that's a stimulant drug, so to your warped perspective, everyone is going slow

I think that's more funny if they do that behavior with a motorcycle op. Anyway, that's just you hurting their egos lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    i mean, you smoke crack dude...that's a stimulant drug, so to your warped perspective, everyone is going slow
    Which means waiting for his monthly welfare check to arrive feels like forever

It’s why you get a V8
    I dont mind the passing them or not since I have a nice v6 and it gets by them. Im wondering why they suddenly zip up the speed as if they are so mad they got passed up its odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

I have shared the thought in my mind that they are realizing as I come to pass "oh shit I am going slow I need to move it" and my act of passing serves as a nudge for them to move their ass but then sometimes the people get mad and flip me off for no reason as if going 75 is the holy grail and if I pass them with 80 I committed a majorly sin.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

They deserve to be shot.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Honor Boost View Post
    I have shared the thought in my mind that they are realizing as I come to pass "oh shit I am going slow I need to move it" and my act of passing serves as a nudge for them to move their ass but then sometimes the people get mad and flip me off for no reason as if going 75 is the holy grail and if I pass them with 80 I committed a majorly sin.
    People with very little control of their life are the ones that need supreme control of the road and passing them is a disrespectful act in their eyes they take it personally and become imbalanced and/or angry because they put their pride into driving because it's all they have.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    I find that if you stay in the slow lane, you avoid 95% of the a-holes.
    But then you got people that don’t know how to merge onto the highway. I’ve had the slow lane come to a complete stop because they can’t figure that shit out lol

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Life (here) is incredibly greedy. Always wants more. Can't have nobody passing them.

Reminds me of a video I watched on hippos. They had this aerial shot of a giant lake in Africa... 100 giant hippos floating around. Only 1 was a male. And if any other male tried to enter that water he'd have to fight to the death. Mfer couldn't even leave one ho.

I only road rage when i see vegeta