7 38.89%
  • Who cares?

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Masks

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Masks

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Probably because the collective still believes in the magic of masks. (Thanks Trump!)

Cumulatively, no known infections prevented by masks in the US so far (~170M cumulative infections in the US per latest CDC model), yet fully vaccinated dorms of college students are still required to wear masks. Tens of millions of Americans are still having to wear masks on a daily basis all day at work. And as I posted earlier, even a team of fully vaccinated Stanford basketball students have to wear masks while playing basketball.

If we assume there are no downsides of mask mandates, and also assume they have benefits (though no known benefits actually exist), then why should they ever end? :)
    If you were to undergo surgery would you be okay if the doctor and nurses involved don't wear masks? And since we're at it make gloves and washing of hands optional too?

Maybe you should tell them of your stand on masks and sign off on it. Better yet demand they don't wear masks.
    Last edited by Stephonit; 09-23-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Cobra Kai Commander Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Ditch the masks. We weren't born wearing masks, so placing something in front of your face that obstructs breathing is lunacy.

I cant believe 8 people voted for "Wear em".

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    If you were to undergo surgery would you be okay if the doctor and nurses involved don't wear masks? And since we're at it make gloves and washing of hands optional too?

Maybe you should tell them of your stand on masks and sign off on it. Better yet demand they don't wear masks.
    Anyone who wears masks in his sight is unsightly to him it seems. Regardless if they are professionals.

I'm vaccinated so I only wear a mask when I am going to be close to others that are masked. Currently that only falls under restaurants, businesses, elevators, or trains. I don't tell people how to live their lives, no one should tell me either. As a matter of fact, I've only been yelled at by this lady who lives on my floor for wearing a mask, telling me I should take it off because it's all fake I tell you, it's not pleasant bumping into her, don't care how hot her daughter is

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post

Surgeons don't wear surgical masks to prevent the asymptomatic transmission of a widespread, seasonal endemic coronavirus transmitted by aerosols.

Surgical masks are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids. They arenít effective at blocking particles < 100 μm.

If you are certain about the need for wearing cloth and surgical masks for Covid-19, then please show your best study that estimates the number of infections prevented by masks so far. We've worn an estimated ~150+ billion masks so far.