Thread: Hollow Knight

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Hollow Knight

I started Hollow Knight a month or so ago. I bought it way back. Just have never played it. With nothing going on game wise, I just loaded it up one day. A little tough to get into as it sort of just drops you in. Not a ton of backstory, and a super limited skill set. But I'm a big Metroidvania fan in general, and by all accounts this is among the best ever. After cracking a couple skills, I have to agree. Just a spectacular map. The back and fourth is set up perfectly. Great art style. Just an all around really excellent game I wish I started sooner.

Default Re: Hollow Knight

One of the greatest games ever made.

I never liked these types of games except for the super smash bros modes that play like hollow knight. Im prob gonna just finish fallout 4 when i get my ps5

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I recently finished both Ori games and despite metacritic ranking them better I still think Hollow Knight was better. Will of the wisps blatantly bit hollow knights style.

Just an unbelievable game. The Grimm troupe DLC was my favorite part. True work of art.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

It's really difficult. Some incredibly hard bosses. Some incredibly hard platforming. Very little aid in what's next. Just an expertly crafted gaming experience.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous View Post
    It's really difficult. Some incredibly hard bosses. Some incredibly hard platforming. Very little aid in what's next. Just an expertly crafted gaming experience.
    White palace was unnecessarily difficult.

Path of Pain was ultra satisfying to complete though. I enjoyed it more than the bosses.

for the hollow knight fans, this may be worth checking out. i haven't played it, but the gameplay looks similar and it got positive reviews.