Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA All-star

Default Why are pro vaxxers ok with these mandates killing people?

They cry all day about how antivaxers are killing people but they totally ignore how many people are dying or being hospitalized due to these mandates.

Default Re: Why are pro vaxxers ok with these mandates killing people?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    They cry all day about how antivaxers are killing people but they totally ignore how many people are dying or being hospitalized due to these mandates.
    What mandates are you talking about?

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    What mandates are you talking about?
    Mandates that prevent people from participating in society unless they get vaccinated? We're buying and giving tens of millions of vaccines to people who don't need them. Experts estimate that 30-50% of the population have had covid and natural immunity is as good or better than the vaccine so we're giving 60- 80 million people vaccines that don't need them when they could be going to people in other countries that are under supplied. All the wealthy countries are doing this. That's hundreds of millions of people going without a vaccine unnecessarily. This faulty practice is also adding to spread of the disease globally.

Mandates that prevent people from participating in society unless they get vaccinated? We're buying and giving tens of millions of vaccines to people who don't need them. Experts estimate that 30-50% of the population have had covid and natural immunity is as good or better than the vaccine so we're giving 60- 80 million people vaccines that don't need them when they could be going to people in other countries that are under supplied. All the wealthy countries are doing this. That's hundreds of millions of people going without a vaccine unnecessarily. This faulty practice is also adding to spread of the disease globally.

This nonsense again? If you are willing to pay the $42.13 per person to test the entire population for antibodies then fine. Go for it.

Do you really think the goverment is going to pay $42 per person to test the entire population for antibodies? The pfizer vaccine costs the govt $20. If they test someone for antibodies and it turns out they need the shot then they would have to pay $62.13 for that person.

As for the other countries the US has already donated a lot and are currently donating more. Beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    This nonsense again? If you are willing to pay the $42.13 per person to test the entire population for antibodies then fine. Go for it.

Do you really think the goverment is going to pay $42 per person to test the entire population for antibodies? The pfizer vaccine costs the govt $20. If they test someone for antibodies and it turns out they need the shot then they would have to pay $62.13 for that person.

As for the other countries the US has already donated a lot and are currently donating more. Beggars can't be choosers.
    It's so crazy reading this lack of perspective, but nice job putting a price on peoples lives.

Maybe you could pay for the anti body testing yourself?
    Or maybe the government could not agree with Pfizer to let them earn a 400-800% profit on each unit sold. Or how about not letting anyone profit off the antibodies testing except for the people actually doing it? Or are we not all in this together?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    It's so crazy reading this lack of perspective, but nice job putting a price on peoples lives.

Maybe you could pay for the anti body testing yourself?
    Or maybe the government could not agree with Pfizer to let them earn a 400-800% profit on each unit sold. Or how about not letting anyone profit off the antibodies testing except for the people actually doing it? Or are we not all in this together?

So you think they are earning 400-800% on each dose?

Care to back that up with anything? Their earnings reports certainly aren't showing that.

An antibody test doesn't provide any protection at all and costs twice as much as a vaccine. Not hard to see why they are doing things the way they are. At some point when more data is in on natural immunity they may grant a waiver.

Let's not forget that Biden's mandate isn't exactly a mandate, it is a choice. You can choose to get vaccinated or you can choose to get a covid test once a week.

What a travesty, submitting to a weekly covid test. Straight out of Nazi Germany.

NBA All-star

Well first off u wouldn't have to test the entire population. Anyone who was already positive for covid would have the antibodies so that right there would be tens of millions of people that wouldn't need the test. I think about 42 million people have tested positive for covid in the us but a percentage of those would of been after the vaccine came out so let's say it's 30 million that were tested before the vaccines. So If we take your $20 cost of the vaccine and multiple by 30 million that's 600,000,000 million dollars that the government would of avoided spending so your clearly missing a huge negative in your cost scenario. Another part your missing is competition in the market place. A small number of antibody test are done per year so the demand to make the test isn't there. If the demand all of a sudden went fom thousands to billions more companies would be making them which would increase competition and prices would drop. Not sure what it would drop to so i won't bother putting a number on it but common sense says it would be fairly significant.

Even with all these factors i agree it would cost a bit more than what the vaccines cost but it wouldn't be anywhere near what your saying it would. Plus it would save hundreds of thousands of lives so i think the little bit extra would be worth it

Well first off u wouldn't have to test the entire population. Anyone who was already positive for covid would have the antibodies so that right there would be tens of millions of people that wouldn't need the test. I think about 42 million people have tested positive for covid in the us but a percentage of those would of been after the vaccine came out so let's say it's 30 million that were tested before the vaccines. So If we take your $20 cost of the vaccine and multiple by 30 million that's 600,000,000 million dollars that the government would of avoided spending so your clearly missing a huge negative in your cost scenario. Another part your missing is competition in the market place. A small number of antibody test are done per year so the demand to make the test isn't there. If the demand all of a sudden went fom thousands to billions more companies would be making them which would increase competition and prices would drop. Not sure what it would drop to so i won't bother putting a number on it but common sense says it would be fairly significant.

Even with all these factors i agree it would cost a bit more than what the vaccines cost but it wouldn't be anywhere near what your saying it would. Plus it would save hundreds of thousands of lives so i think the little bit extra would be worth it
    First of all you said yourself that many cases are asymptomatic or with mild symptoms so a lot of people might not know they had covid.

Secondly the price I quoted for the test was a Medicare price which is already heavily discounted. If you wanted to get tested right now it would probably cost closer to $70 and insurance may not cover it.

I would expect them at some point to grant waivers to people that recovered from COVID recently but I doubt they will pay for testing.

We are losing 2k people per day right now in the US because they are unvaxed. I can understand a govt prioritizing it's own citizens. We aren't the only country that developed vaccines. If countries are looking for handouts they have other options.

We have already committed to donate 1 billion doses.
    Last edited by tontoz; 09-23-2021 at 07:17 PM.

NBA All-star

First of all you said yourself that many cases are asymptomatic or with mild symptoms so a lot of people might not know they had covid.

Secondly the price I quoted for the test was a Medicare price which is already heavily discounted. If you wanted to get tested right now it would probably cost closer to $70 and insurance may not cover it.

I would expect them at some point to grant waivers to people that recovered from COVID recently but I doubt they will pay for testing.

We are losing 2k people per day right now in the US because they are unvaxed. I can understand a govt prioritizing it's own citizens. We aren't the only country that developed vaccines. If countries are looking for handouts they have other options.

We have already committed to donate 1 billion doses.
    Again the $70 cost would be offset by the 600,000,000 in savings plust price reduction due to competition. Plus they don't even have to test everyone. They could of done no antibody tests and just count the tens of millions that tested positive. That way they'd actually save $600,000,000 and the tens of millions of vaccines they bought they could of left for the poorer nations that were at the back of the line and couldn't get enough vaccines. This would save thousands of lives help curve the global spread and save $600,000,000. Sounds like a win win

Again the $70 cost would be offset by the 600,000,000 in savings plust price reduction due to competition. Plus they don't even have to test everyone. They could of done no antibody tests and just count the tens of millions that tested positive. That way they'd actually save $600,000,000 and the tens of millions of vaccines they bought they could of left for the poorer nations that were at the back of the line and couldn't get enough vaccines. This would save thousands of lives help curve the global spread and save $600,000,000. Sounds like a win win

What I think will happen is that they will end up granting waivers to people who recovered from COVID within x number of months. The durability of natural immunity is unknown at this point.

That would be the most logical and cost effective option. They are looking at this.

NBA All-star

What I think will happen is that they will end up granting waivers to people who recovered from COVID within x number of months. The durability of natural immunity is unknown at this point.

That would be the most logical and cost effective option. They are looking at this.
    Damn bruh u must be taking dr fauci's notes u sound just like him. He said the same thing when questioned on it the other day. Problem with that is they don't know the durability of the vaccine either and there have been large studies done in Isreal that show natural immunity lasts longer https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...-vaccines/amp/. The studies in isreal are the largest to date btw and they are more advanced in their understanding of covid than the us is.

Personally i and alot of people who use common sense instead of blind faith think they should of already done this. Science and common sense already told us natural immunity is more effective than the vaccines. Fauci, the cdc, government and media tools all came out from the jump saying the vaccine was better even though they had no idea and the very premise went again science and conventional wisdom. Now fauci is backtracking but at the same time to stubborn to admit what he said was dishonest, wrong and dangerous. This is an example of misinformation on the other side that's gonna prove to just as deadly if not more so than antivaxers. This is also an example of why so many "antivaxers" don't trust any of those people. Why u condemn antivaxers but ignore this is interesting.

Damn bruh u must be taking dr fauci's notes u sound just like him. He said the same thing when questioned on it the other day. Problem with that is they don't know the durability of the vaccine either and there have been large studies done in Isreal that show natural immunity lasts longer https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...-vaccines/amp/. The studies in isreal are the largest to date btw and they are more advanced in their understanding of covid than the us is.

Personally i and alot of people who use common sense instead of blind faith think they should of already done this. Science and common sense already told us natural immunity is more effective than the vaccines. Fauci, the cdc, government and media tools all came out from the jump saying the vaccine was better even though they had no idea and the very premise went again science and conventional wisdom. Now fauci is backtracking but at the same time to stubborn to admit what he said was dishonest, wrong and dangerous. This is an example of misinformation on the other side that's gonna prove to just as deadly if not more so than antivaxers. This is also an example of why so many "antivaxers" don't trust any of those people. Why u condemn antivaxers but ignore this is interesting.

I don't ignore it.i just don't think it is as big of a deal as you. I agree that natural immunity is a real thing but that isn't our big problem right now.

I see 2k dropping dead daily in the US because they aren't vaxed. I see hospitals in low vax states getting crushed and rationing care. The "natural immunity" thing doesn't make a hill of beans difference in our hospitals right now.

Seems like Anti vaxxers are crying a lot these days.

How many people are dying because of these mandates ? 0?

I don't ignore it.i just don't think it is as big of a deal as you. I agree that natural immunity is a real thing but that isn't our big problem right now.

I see 2k dropping dead daily in the US because they aren't vaxed. I see hospitals in low vax states getting crushed and rationing care. The "natural immunity" thing doesn't make a hill of beans difference in our hospitals right now.
    But but but, Vaxxers are killing people with mandates!!

NBA All-star

No your right there it isn't our biggest problem but as usual our greed and incompetence is causing alot of problems in other countries. Unlike you i value a non American or Canadian life as much as a life anywhere else. If the us can help them while saving 600,000,000 million at the same time i don't see the problem.