Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Marvel Studios May Drop the "Men" from X-Men

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...men/#gallery-1

Marvel Studios’ new President of Physical, Post Production, VFX, and Animation, Victoria Alonso, has hinted that internal thinking is that the name ‘X-Men’ isn’t sufficiently inclusive:

In an interview with Nuke the Fridge, she said:

“I don’t know where the future is going. It’s funny that people call it the X-Men, there’s a lot of female superheroes in that X-Men group, so I think it’s outdated.“

She’s right, but Disney will be keenly aware that the X-Men brand name is known around the world and carries a lot of weight. Conversely, it might be easy to drop as Fox X-Universe movies don’t actually use the phrase “X-Men” very often. Dark Phoenix even specifically called this out, with Mystique saying to Charles:

“By the way, the women are always saving the men around here. You might want to think about changing the name to X-Women.”

So what are the alternatives? If Marvel followed the same pattern as The Avengers, we could see solo movies establishing each key mutant before bringing them all together for a team-up. Perhaps that could simply be called ‘Mutants’, covering all MCU newcomers, both good and evil.

Then again, Alonso also teased that her future animation projects might see a full-on MCU musical so it seems silly to try and second-guess what they’re going to do:

“I’m especially thrilled about ramping up our studio’s animation efforts, which is a personal passion of mine. Look forward to more singing!…”

Marvel Studios’ animation department is off to a very strong start with What If..? so let’s hope future efforts match this quality. And, in the meantime, let’s start getting hyped for X-Men, no matter what the team is eventually called.

Default Re: Marvel Studios May Drop the "Men" from X-Men

This World is a MEME

Default Re: Marvel Studios May Drop the "Men" from X-Men

They already have xfactor, xforce.

Fake news.