GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default Dr. Anthony Fauci in 2019...

https://twitter.com/YossiGestetner/s...02177124229121

Wow.

Good diet? Don't smoke and don't drink too much? Get exercise? Get good sleep? It's the best thing to stay healthy? Crazy fascist nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Public Health Official recommendations/mandates to Stay Safe and Healthy (in 2020):

-wear goggles, face shields, and at least 2 face masks
    -stay home
    -order take-out
    -pulse oximeter
    -McDonald's essential; gyms non-essential

National High School Star ELITEpower23's Avatar

Default Re: Dr. Anthony Fauci in 2019...

Dr. Fraudci busted again

Because COVID-19 as a global disease didn't exist during that interview?

We're missing some context of what the lead up to that question is, so it's unfair to just clip a quick segment like that and pretend it disproves his approach to the past year and a half+, lol.

Such is the world we live in today in 2021. If you don't like the news, make it up yourself.

Additionally, assuming the context is bland, even still... COVID is allegedly way more contagious AND it IS more deadly(not that it's as deadly as hysterical people pretend) than anything we've been dealing with in extremely recent modern society. I mean hell, up to 40% of cases are asymptomatic entirely.

FML. I hate having to add qualifiers to every statement I make because of retards.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    Because COVID-19 as a global disease didn't exist during that interview?
    changing what about his views on infectous diseases?

But muh freedom

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    We're missing some context of what the lead up to that question is, so it's unfair to just clip a quick segment like that and pretend it disproves his approach to the past year and a half+, lol.

Such is the world we live in today in 2021. If you don't like the news, make it up yourself.

Additionally, assuming the context is bland, even still... COVID is allegedly way more contagious AND it IS more deadly(not that it's as deadly as hysterical people pretend) than anything we've been dealing with in extremely recent modern society. I mean hell, up to 40% of cases are asymptomatic entirely.

FML. I hate having to add qualifiers to every statement I make because of retards.
    If you have one penny and double it, are you now rich? What if you turn it into a nickle?

The median age of death with Covid-19 is above average life expectancy. When was the last "pandemic virus" with a median age of death above average life expectancy?

How many otherwise healthy people under 18 died from Covid-19 over the past 18 months? One? Maybe two? How many otherwise healthy people under 18 have died in the last 18 months?

Fauci's 2019 advice actually applies to Covid-19 even more than something like flu or RSV because unlike Covid-19 those things actually kill young & healthy people at a greater rate.

How many children have been infected by Covid-19 so far in the US?

How many children have died from Covid-19 since March 2020? (How many were otherwise healthy?)

How many children have died from all causes since March 2020?

tontoz doesn't back up any of his bizarre assertions. He's been making them over and over again in other threads, but ducks and dodges at every opportunity to support his assertions. He's simply a sheep who believes in forced lockdowns, forced masking, forced vaccinations, etc.

Btw:
    That's why I continue to educate people that the median age of death with Covid-19 is above average life expectancy.

As I've recently posted, here is the CDC's latest estimate:

99.999% survival rate in people 0-17

99.96% survival rate in people under 49

99.94% survival rate in people 18-49 years old

The survival rate is much lower for very old and frail people. For example, if you have 12 comorbidities and are 112 years old and you get Covid-19, your chances of dying within the next 30 days are much higher than if they were a healthy 28-year-old.

Not sure I agree with the CDC that only 1 in 1.3 Covid-19 deaths were reported, though as we've seen, labeling deaths w/ Covid can be tricky when almost all of the people dying were also dying of other causes.

Another thing you need to realize, as I've stated at least 10 times now, is that the number of detected cases is not the same as actual infections or exposures.

The CDC estimates that 1 in 4.2 infections have been reported. So we actually have a total of 40.4 x 4.2 = 170 million cumulative infections (per latest CDC model) and cumulatively no known infections prevented by 12-18+ months of masks, lockdowns, school closures, travel bans, etc.
    Your notion that it is highly contagious is correct. Which is another reason why Fauci's advice in 2019 fits in 2020 and 2021 just as much. We're at a level of hysteria over a widespread endemic seasonal coronavirus (with a median age of death above average life expectancy) than could be imagined - I don't think I need to go into too much detail on how bad it is for a society to be in a constant state of fear and hysteria.... Not only will almost all Americans eventually be exposed to it (CDC already stated in March 2020 that Most Americans would be exposed to the virus by end of 2020 or 2021), but it disproportionately affects the people who aren't listening to Fauci's 2019 advice regarding a good diet, not smoking, not drinking too much, not getting enough exercise, and not sleeping well. (!!!)

When was the last time you heard/read news RE Public Health Officials telling people the most important thing they can do is the same thing Fauci just said in the 2019 interview? You know, the things that could actually benefit their health?

High School Varsity 6th Man

https://twitter.com/YossiGestetner/s...02177124229121

Wow.

Good diet? Don't smoke and don't drink too much? Get exercise? Get good sleep? It's the best thing to stay healthy? Crazy fascist nonsense!
    Wow. Thank you for calling this out.

NBA sixth man of the year jstern's Avatar

At least 9 out of 10 children who die of this flu are obese. And that is something that's kind of held under the rug.

“At least 9 out of 10 patients that we’re seeing who are sick enough especially to be in the ICUs throughout the state, obesity plays a part in this,” said Daugherty, who is with Novant Health’s Children’s Hospital in Charlotte.
    https://www.wfae.org/health/2021-09-...-about-obesity

Such information would be spread by caring people in power. You can protect yourself and your kids by maintaining good health. But at the same time, such information could reduce the notion that this Covid isn't that big of a threat to young healthy people.