Default Lakers sign two-way guard Austin Reaves to regular contract

Second year on Austin Reaves’ deal will be a team option, sources said. Lakers have had success developing unheralded players such as Talen Horton-Tucker and Alex Caruso and view Reaves -- a 6-foot-5 guard -- in a similar mold.

per Shams

Sounds more like affirmative action tbh

Lakers must think hes got potential for them to even bother with a team option 2nd year. Seems like a no brainer with young players...

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: BREAKING: The Los Angeles Lakers are planning to sign two-way guard Austin Reaves

A team option year is always a good idea for the team. It would mean more if they were giving him a player option.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: BREAKING: The Los Angeles Lakers are planning to sign two-way guard Austin Reaves

Wow, Lakers got even more stacked

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

I don't know about this guy. He didn't look that special in SL but I have faith in Jesse Buss. He's by far the best evaluator of young prospects in the league. No other scout comes close IMO. Almost all of the Lakers picks the last few years have been very solid. The exception being Lonzo before Tatum but that was a Magic/Pelinka pick

The great thing about Jesse Buss is he has an ownership stake in the Lakers so no other organization can steal him from us.

Quote Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace View Post
    I don't know about this guy. He didn't look that special in SL but I have faith in Jesse Buss. He's by far the best evaluator of young prospects in the league. No other scout comes close IMO. Almost all of the Lakers picks the last few years have been very solid. The exception being Lonzo before Tatum but that was a Magic/Pelinka pick

The great thing about Jesse Buss is he has an ownership stake in the Lakers so no other organization can steal him from us.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    It was 11 years ago when he was 22. Everyone makes mistakes. I've known some very intelligent, successful people on this earth who got nabbed for DUI. It happens

He's been the best scout in the NBA since he's been about 26-27 years old

Quote Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace View Post
    It was 11 years ago when he was 22. Everyone makes mistakes. I've known some very intelligent, successful people on this earth who got nabbed for DUI. It happens

He's been the best scout in the NBA since he's been about 26-27 years old
    Relax, I'm sympathetic; we've all been there.

I just had no idea Jesse Buss was the assistant GM and wanted to know what he looked like after all these years. That picture just happened to be one of the top ones on google images.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Who is that?

Now official, Lakers sign Austin Reaves to a standard NBA contract. He'd been on a two-way deal:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=26704

Rivers is nice.

He used to be just Doc's kid.

The guy can ball

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

Well, we need wing players and that's what he is. Hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Rivers is nice.

The guy can ball
    Wrong "Rivers".

Banned

2nd best player on the team after AD

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Rivers is nice.

The guy can ball

lmao