Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2021 training camp/pre-season!

https://kslsports.com/470185/3-jazz-center-rudy-gobert/

However, it’ll be Gobert’s performance in the playoffs that will dictate how fans around the league view him, and how far the Jazz go in the playoffs. As a result, Gobert’s 2021-22 season will be one of the team’s top storylines ahead of opening night.
    it's up to his teammates and coach. He can only do so much

https://thejnotes.com/2021/10/17/ran...ersey-history/

I like those ones. The powder blue sucked

For those of us who weren’t alive in the 1970s, green has just never felt like an appropriate primary color for the Utah Jazz. There’s no logical reason why they can’t wear it, precisely. We’d just prefer if they didn’t.
    they used to only wear them on St. Patrick's Day because Layden was Irish. Still beats yellow and gradiant

It loses points for being a little too busy: white, blue, green and yellow are a lot of colors to fit into a single jersey. Personally, we prefer the away jersey: the predominance of the dark blue allows the multiple colors to feature as needed accents. When the primary color is white, it looks like about one too many colors are being squeezed into the design.
    those aren't bad

Was this the best era in NBA jersey history, or was it the worst? We’re not entirely sure, but it was almost certainly the most unique.
    I think you stick with the original idea

Frankly, it’s one of the best jerseys in NBA history. Purple and yellow make for a beautiful color combination. The green is appropriately hidden as a tertiary color, adding a nice accent to the purple and yellow combo that really pops. Meanwhile, that same iconic Utah Jazz logo stands with minimal alteration, marking a quality decision to not fix something that wasn’t broken.
    hardly one of the best ever. Purple?

The NBA G League will increase its base player salaries from $35k to $37k this season, adding $2k per player, sources told Hoops Rumors. Players previously made $7,000 per month — or $35k per season — numbers that will see slight increases starting with the 2021/22 season.
    – via Hoops Rumors

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...r-Camp-Invites

This group includes: Isaiah Hartenstein (LA Clippers), Wayne Selden (New York Knicks), Dennis Smith Jr. (Portland Trail Blazers), Matt Thomas (Chicago Bulls), Brad Wanamaker (Indiana Pacers). Armoni Brooks could be included in this grouping as well, but his situation was somewhat unique given his re-signed status and conversion process as a former Two-Way player.
    and the Jazz got a lot of flack for Thomas. The wasted roster spot last year was Hughes though he does look better now. He should have been on the two way not Their all gleaguer

Shams Charania: The Spurs are waiving veteran forward Al-Farouq Aminu, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

– via Twitter ShamsCharania

He could be a fit

https://thejnotes.com/2021/10/18/uta...opening-night/

One major advantage that Butler gives the Utah Jazz is his ability to play both on and off the ball. Snyder is most likely to feature him primarily in the latter role in the regular season. As a reserve, he’s likely to share the floor with Jordan Clarkson, a much more effective on-ball player, for the bulk of his minutes. Furthermore, he’ll see ample time with Joe Ingles, a high-level, veteran playmaker.
    effective and Clarkson don' really go together

With such tremendous depth, Snyder is unlikely to lean on Butler as a primary playmaker outside of garbage time. Still, that doesn’t mean Butler can’t see 15 to 20 minutes of floor time on a regular basis.
    that's why they need a new coach. I'd rather he had the ball than Mitchell or Clarkson

Eric Paschall seems likely to receive playing time against the Oklahoma City Thunder in Gay’s absence. The more interesting question is whether his minutes primarily come at the 4 or 5 spot.
    actually looks like Butler might get those minutes

Whatever Snyder chooses, it may be indicative of his philosophical preference on the matter of small-ball, offering a preview of what Utah Jazz fans can expect moving forward.
    don't expect anything different

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2021/...xers-chaos/21/

I still don’t love how this team stacks up against the Los Angeles Lakers, especially if they’re fully healthy, but there’s no question this team has the ability to make a Western Conference Finals run at the very least.
    not much of a chance that the Lakers are healthy

The South East Melbourne Phoenix have opened the door for part-owner Dante Exum to join the roster, after the Australian Boomers star was waived by the Houston Rockets. “If and when Dante decides that the NBL is the right move for him, we of course will do whatever we can do to make that as easy for him as possible,” Phoenix GM Tommy Greer said via Newscorp.

– via NBL.com.au

no surprise there

[IMG]https://*********.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/92/2021/04/i_d9_ff_49_malik-fitts.png?w=190[/IMG] Ben Anderson: Joe Ingles said the whole @Utah Jazz roster celebrated Malik Fitts making the team. “Tall, athletic, can shoot the ball. Three pretty good things that an NBA player can have. He was like a little kid when he found out… which was exciting, it was a happy moment for our team.”
    – via Twitter BensHoops

Kane Pitman: As expected, the Bucks list Rodney Hood (foot), Bobby Portis (hamstring), Semi Ojeleye (calf) and Donte DiVincenzo (ankle) out for opening night against Brooklyn, while Kyrie Irving (not with team) is out for the Nets. Sandro Mamukelashvili is the back up big for Milwaukee.

– via Twitter KanePitman

Hood out. That's a surprise!

When asked on Tuesday about Giddey, Ingles hilariously stopped the reporter. Is this that stupid question that he got the other day saying I stayed up all night or something? That was because I was on a plane. … I did watch him. He played for my hometown, which was nice. Just giving him an open line and vice versa. If I watched the game, because of that travel, not because I stayed up to watch him play, I would watch a lot of games and shoot him a text with some things and vice versa.
    – via Cody Taylor @ The Rookie Wire

https://kslsports.com/470400/2-utah-...ovan-mitchell/

Though Donovan Mitchell is the Jazz most decorated player, after the last two postseasons, it’s hard to make a convincing argument he’s anything but the team’s most valuable.
    more decorated than DPOTY/All NBA/All D? They are a lottery team without Gobert. With him they win games

After leading the league in scoring during the Jazz first-round exit against Denver Nuggets at 36.3 points per game, Mithell was arguably more impressive during the Jazz Western Conference Semifinals run last season.
    too bad there are two ends of the court and 9 other players out there

“It’s easy to look at the stats and ask ‘What else can I do?'” Mitchell said. “There’s a lot more I can do, they won. That’s the biggest thing.”
    exactly

Despite Mitchell’s superstar level performance, it was clear his ankle was continuing to worsen throughout the postseason, even with his brilliant 39 point, nine rebound, nine assist performances in the team’s series-clinching loss to the Clippers.
    maybe listen to the doctors instead of your posse next time?

Mitchell also led the Jazz to the best record in the NBA for the first time in franchise history. With a strong supporting cast around him and the guard only now entering his prime, Mitchell is in a prime spot to prove that not only is he one of the NBA’s best offensive talents, but a player who can push his team into contention for a championship ring.
    nice of him to lead them despite missing many games and not playing defense or passing to his open teammates!