Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: How have we allowed people to lose their jobs over NOT taking the vaccine??

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Lol my bad brotha. Doctorpee stain

Default Re: How have we allowed people to lose their jobs over NOT taking the vaccine??

Educators sued to avoid the NY mandate and lost:

Panel of Judges Upholds New York City's Vaccine Mandate for Educators

While more than 90% of teachers are already vaccinated, the mandate was expected to cause staffing shortages in a handful of schools.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/educatio...-for-educators

There are a few nurses suing to avoid the mandate because of their religious beliefs. TBD

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    There are a few nurses suing to avoid the mandate because of their religious beliefs. TBD
    Religious beliefs? BWAWAWAHAHAHAHA!

You can choose to not get vaccinated. Just find a job in a private company that does not require vaccination.

There are too many babies sitting around crying nonstop about everything. I have been vaccinated since April - no issues at all. Had a sore arm for 4 days. I just sucked it up, dealt with it and moved on with my life like an adult. The vaccine has long since left my body. Quit putting on temper tantrums about everything and live your lives.

Conservatives are like this girl I used to know back in high school years ago - complaining nonstop about every little thing. I got sick of her nonsense. Even on Facebook, she would constantly complain about everything. It makes everyone around you feel like crap when someone is always raging and yelling about everything. Grow up.
    Last edited by bladefd; 09-29-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    You can choose to not get vaccinated. Just find a job in a private company that does not require vaccination.

There are too many babies sitting around crying nonstop about everything. I have been vaccinated since April - no issues at all. Had a sore arm for 4 days. I just sucked it up, dealt with it and moved on with my life like an adult. The vaccine has long since left my body. Quit putting on temper tantrums about everything and live your lives.
    You completely miss the point as usual. It's not about the ****ing vaccine. Get that through your head. It's about losing your goddamn job because the only other way to keep it is to get the vaccine. It's overreach. It's tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    You completely miss the point as usual. It's not about the ****ing vaccine. Get that through your head. It's about losing your goddamn job because the only other way to keep it is to get the vaccine. It's overreach. It's tyranny.
    It's up to the company to make their rules. Make your own company if you want to make the rules and run things your way.

This "tyranny" has legal precedent.

Maybe you should actually read Jacobson v Massachusetts. Or you could read the first paragraph of the US Consititution:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Someone who has antibodies built up to Covid is just as likely to not catch Covid again and spread it as someone who is vaccinated. So why should that person lose their job?

It's up to the company to make their rules. Make your own company if you want to make the rules and run things your way.
    And no mention of Federal employees?? How convenient. Can we make our own government then? How about we just secede instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Buckle View Post

Who else am I missing?

Gotta catch em' all
    RRR3 and highweight

Someone who has antibodies built up to Covid is just as likely to not catch Covid again and spread it as someone who is vaccinated. So why should that person lose their job?
    While that may be true there haven't been any lawsuits about that, at least none that i have seen. I did see a story about an employer giving a waiver to recovered covid patients but they had to get an antibody test. They are doing something similar in Germany apparently.

I don't think you can make a hard/fast rule about recovered covid patients because cases can be quite different. Antibody testing will probably be needed to check the antibody levels.

And no mention of Federal employees?? How convenient. Can we make our own government then? How about we just secede instead?
    You can run for president and put people into positions such as CDC where you can control this from the top.

Jacobson v Massachusetts was in regards to states but can probably be applied to the federal govt as well.

Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.

You can run for president and put people into positions such as CDC where you can control this from the top.
    You honestly don't believe it's overreach for the Federal Government to demand it's employees be vaccinated, or lose their job? Your answer to this is to just put in a different government come election time?

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

You honestly don't believe it's overreach for the Federal Government to demand it's employees be vaccinated, or lose their job?
    No, because a job's not a right.