Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Have You Ever Gotten Seriously Heartbroken?

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    This is probably the wrong place to post this, but phukk it. It's an interesting conversation and an outlet.

How did you cope/deal with it? How long did the pain last? Did you go full no-contact for good? Did they come back? How did it change you and your approach to relationships going forward? Were you married?

This happened to me a little over a month ago, and it still sucks. I've improved surely, but there's times where it still hits hard. You think you finally found the right person...were together a year.

At 30, I'm at a point where I don't even feel like seeing anyone seriously anymore, it feels so risky. A woman telling you "I love you" has lost meaning. Any little friction and they run, that's not how anything real can ever last...millennials don't want to work through even the slightest issues. My parents have been together my whole life and I saw first-hand what a loving union can get through; it will never be all flowers and rainbows and people have to recognize this.

Some time has passed fsvr54

feel better? worse? same?

update?

I feel a lot better. I've moved on, it is what it is. With time and self-reflection, a lot of things are realized. Bad experiences only make you stronger in the end.

Thanks for checking in, bud.

I'm planning to move to Texas in February actually

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    I feel a lot better. I've moved on, it is what it is. With time and self-reflection, a lot of things are realized. Bad experiences only make you stronger in the end.

Thanks for checking in, bud.

I'm planning to move to Texas in February actually

Well good luck out here bro, the DFW area is the best place in the USA to live in if you ask me, can't imagine living somewhere else, I've tried to imagine, but I still can't see a better place on the USA map to live in.

Enjoy it out here, forgot where you were moving from?

I may have to move to a new place soon also, so not sure how far away I'll be from the city of Dallas, but I'll definitely be in the DFW area, probably for the rest of my life.

change is hard and heartbreak can be some real $hit, remembered this thread from last month, thought I'd say what's up. Glad you're doing better bro, a little time passing always helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    Well good luck out here bro, the DFW area is the best place in the USA to live in if you ask me, can't imagine living somewhere else, I've tried to imagine, but I still can't see a better place on the USA map to live in.

Enjoy it out here, forgot where you were moving from?

I may have to move to a new place soon also, so not sure how far away I'll be from the city of Dallas, but I'll definitely be in the DFW area, probably for the rest of my life.

change is hard and heartbreak can be some real $hit, remembered this thread from last month, thought I'd say what's up. Glad you're doing better bro, a little time passing always helps.
    I'm moving from FL. So far I've been looking into San Antonio and Ft Worth. I've been to the former but never the latter. Love the TX mentality and it's a more varied state than I initially thought, geographically. Appreciate it my man.

NBA All-star

being deaf, is not a fun game