Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Have You Ever Gotten Seriously Heartbroken?

Real talk tho, after you’ve spent a while not dating anyone seriously, you start to get accustomed and enjoy your independence. My married buddies have to talk to their ladies to go out or whatever. I’m free to go buy a ticket and go to Pittsburgh to my favorite restaurant in the whole world without asking anyone’s permission. I can go wherever the hell I want to.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post

This video is true. You're only fooling yourself if you believe the person you loved was the person you thought they were. They were lying to you. You were lying to yourself. And that person will never be the person you thought they were or wanted them to be. So the search for that person must go on.

No ex is going to wake up one day and realize she was wrong and you were right and will come groveling back for forgiveness. Right now your ex is thinking you're the worst piece of shit alive, and she is hating you every second for it. People don't change. Personalities don't change. I once got back with an ex after being separated for 10 years...yep, 10 years, and we moved in together and were trying to have a baby and talking about marriage, and within two months it went back to the same way it was when we broke up the first time. Crazy to think how ****ed I would be if I had gotten her pregnant.

I think the older I get, the more I just want to date random bitches and not get back with anyone full time. Living alone and getting to do whatever the **** I want is an amazing feeling.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    This video is true. You're only fooling yourself if you believe the person you loved was the person you thought they were. They were lying to you. You were lying to yourself. And that person will never be the person you thought they were or wanted them to be. So the search for that person must go on.

No ex is going to wake up one day and realize she was wrong and you were right and will come groveling back for forgiveness. Right now your ex is thinking you're the worst piece of shit alive, and she is hating you every second for it. People don't change. Personalities don't change. I once got back with an ex after being separated for 10 years...yep, 10 years, and we moved in together and were trying to have a baby and talking about marriage, and within two months it went back to the same way it was when we broke up the first time. Crazy to think how ****ed I would be if I had gotten her pregnant.

I think the older I get, the more I just want to date random bitches and not get back with anyone full time. Living alone and getting to do whatever the **** I want is an amazing feeling.
    I'm sorry you had to go through that bro it makes me sad. These are heartbreaking times for all of us as we suffer through the tabloid attacks on Matthew Perry.

I feel all of y'all for sure. I'm definitely not sitting around waiting for her to come back; she's clearly moved on (the breakup was because of mistakes I MADE, that I regret). I just wish I hadn't tweaked my knee going very hard at a basketball workout after the breakup lol, shit's been sore for weeks now.

I just wonder sometimes about the future of families. If everyone is like this, where will the good marriages and families come from? A solid nuclear family is the foundation of a healthy society. I believe in it and one day would like a family of my own. That's what I come from and believe in. It's a beautiful ting, but it comes with a certain amount of sacrifice, which modern people just don't like to do (sacrifice anything).
    Last edited by fsvr54; 10-04-2021 at 02:13 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Some could say first love , but it was an on again off again relationship for 8 years.
    I wanted to marry her , and have kids,, she was the one fuc'ed up more in all most every way.
    She had brothers and sisters that experimented with being gay , and she eventually took that route , and never had a solid life.
    50's acquired MS became an alcoholic and passed just last year at 61.
    I knew she had traveled and lived out in Washington, but when she acquired MS moved to all places my area.
    (I had no idea she was even there , and even though I am married , wished she would of reached out to me.)
    I suspect she was embarrassed , and for what reason , I will never know , but she was a solid friend and lover at one time.
    It is sad.
    -------------
    Because of this girl , I got into the mode of dumping girls before they considered dumping me .... Maybe because I did not want to get hurt.
    Chick Stern - I dated and considered marriage with a single mom , but she was very recluses (But a hell of a fuc k)
    My current wife has 4 adult kids, it would of been my fault to pass on such a warm heart woman.

(prior to my marriage I dumped a wonderful woman. to this day I still converse with her. (best fuc k I ever had lol)

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    I feel all of y'all for sure. I'm definitely not sitting around waiting for her to come back; she's clearly moved on (the breakup was because of mistakes I MADE, that I regret). I just wish I hadn't tweaked my knee going very hard at a basketball workout after the breakup lol, shit's been sore for weeks now.

I just wonder sometimes about the future of families. If everyone is like this, where will the good marriages and families come from? A solid nuclear family is the foundation of a healthy society. I believe in it and one day would like a family of my own. That's what I come from and believe in. It's a beautiful ting, but it comes with a certain amount of sacrifice, which modern people just don't like to do (sacrifice anything).
    You definitely have the right attitude and the right role models in your parents.

Yep. It was messy. I wanted no contact, she missed me too much (yeah I did too lol but I didn't wanna show it). We tried talking and being friends but we knew we couldn't meet again. The feelings would come rushing back way too easily. It got to the point where I talked to her about a girl I thought was cute who lived near me and then she blurted out she f'ed the next guy a week after we broke up. I thought to myself... f this. And then I asked if she could pay me back the money I lent her to pay off college loans. It was $1k. I never got it back and I never will. Cut my losses.

But ball helped me through it. Balled all summer and lo and behold met a cute tibetan girl at my park and we got friendly and all that. I didn't hit it but she was a nice distraction and got over my ex quick. I'm a simple guy, onto the next girl is a good way of getting over a girl, even one I was with for almost 3 years. Find a distraction. You just said you hurt yourself playing ball so I don't envy you good luck bro

As for the future... sheesh. Trying to get married and it's 100% fact most of them run at the first sign of discomfort. It's like all they are looking for is red flags. I try to stick out through multiple red flags but yeah I bounce too if I realize she's boring and I'm losing interest. I know good girls are out there, I messed up with a couple of them that I wish I could go back and fix. They are married and prob unhappily ever after married, settling with shrek looking dudes with money.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Some could say first love , but it was an on again off again relationship for 8 years.
    I wanted to marry her , and have kids,, she was the one fuc'ed up more in all most every way.
    She had brothers and sisters that experimented with being gay , and she eventually took that route , and never had a solid life.
    50's acquired MS became an alcoholic and passed just last year at 61.
    I knew she had traveled and lived out in Washington, but when she acquired MS moved to all places my area.
    (I had no idea she was even there , and even though I am married , wished she would of reached out to me.)
    I suspect she was embarrassed , and for what reason , I will never know , but she was a solid friend and lover at one time.
    It is sad.
    -------------
    Because of this girl , I got into the mode of dumping girls before they considered dumping me .... Maybe because I did not want to get hurt.
    Chick Stern - I dated and considered marriage with a single mom , but she was very recluses (But a hell of a fuc k)
    My current wife has 4 adult kids, it would of been my fault to pass on such a warm heart woman.

(prior to my marriage I dumped a wonderful woman. to this day I still converse with her. (best fuc k I ever had lol)
    The 101 was posted as a bit of a troll, but there is some truth in it.
    The don’t date a single mom is gold, and it’s logical. First off, you’ll never be the number 1 priority, the kid/kids will be (as they should be). She might put herself first or second, leaving you third. Next, if she has already had a kid out of wedlock, there are stronger odds that she’ll do the same to you.

She left me for a drug dealer when I was broke in college lol. She tried to reach out but I was too prideful to talk back to her. I just stayed busy, I focused on school, my part time job and going to the gym and eventually I stopped thinking about her

3-time NBA All-Star

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but phukk it. It's an interesting conversation and an outlet.

How did you cope/deal with it? How long did the pain last? Did you go full no-contact for good? Did they come back? How did it change you and your approach to relationships going forward? Were you married?

This happened to me a little over a month ago, and it still sucks. I've improved surely, but there's times where it still hits hard. You think you finally found the right person...were together a year.

At 30, I'm at a point where I don't even feel like seeing anyone seriously anymore, it feels so risky. A woman telling you "I love you" has lost meaning. Any little friction and they run, that's not how anything real can ever last...millennials don't want to work through even the slightest issues. My parents have been together my whole life and I saw first-hand what a loving union can get through; it will never be all flowers and rainbows and people have to recognize this.
    Don't take this the wrong way. I say this with intent to help but the problem isn't her or what she did to you the problem is within your own mind and how you view women and relationships. Women are human and humans are unpredictable. They change their mind and feelings like the weather. Just because she loved you at some point it dosn't mean she's gonna stay in love with you. Sometimes people's feelings change for whatever reason and they fall out of love. It's not something they do intentionally it just happens. It's like anything. Take a favorite song for instance. At first it's the best thing going but after awhile you get sick of it and you no longer love that song like you first did. If you enter a relationship with this understanding you'll never be blind sided if and when it ends. You won't be angry and hurtful because you understand that it's just her human nature. You won't be upset at her for having human feelings that can change and you won't be mad at yourself because you entered the relationship knowing this truth but you went ahead anyway even though she may one day fall out of love. Your at peace on both ends.

The reason why your hurt and mad at her is because you entered the relationship with a mindset that's opposite of this. You thought that when she said she loved you it meant she'd love you forever so you look at her as a liar instead of a human being who's feelings can change. Don't be mad at her or hate her for leaving. Thank her for the love and time she gave you. Be grateful and happy that you experienced love at all even if it was short lived. Some people never experience that ever. This way instead of parting on a bad note where you think she's a evil lying bitch and she now she thinks your a pathetic needy loser. You instead part on a good note where you think she's still a great girl that dosn't know exactly what she wants yet and she looks at you like a great guy who was cool and understanding.

You're right, plenty of truth in there.

Truth is, plenty of chicks have told me they loved me and I never gave a F about them. This was the only one I truly did... we talked about having a family. But I have learned my lessons and I am not mad at her at all. I cherish the memories and the time spent together. I have been getting more and more over it by the day. A study showed that the average American takes 3.5 months to get over serious heartbreak, so I don't feel I'm way off base, these are natural emotions that must be felt and passed.

3-time NBA All-Star

You're right, plenty of truth in there.

Truth is, plenty of chicks have told me they loved me and I never gave a F about them. This was the only one I truly did... we talked about having a family. But I have learned my lessons and I am not mad at her at all. I cherish the memories and the time spent together. I have been getting more and more over it by the day. A study showed that the average American takes 3.5 months to get over serious heartbreak, so I don't feel I'm way off base, these are natural emotions that must be felt and passed.
    Yeah i think a poster on hear said it best when he said time heals all wounds. Some wounds can take longer than others but 3 months isn't that bad.

As far as her being the only girl you loved out of all the ones you've been with that can make it harder because you feel like she's the one. Just remember it may feel like she's the one but really she's one of many. You just haven't met the other ones yet. They're out there though.

Seriously heart broken? Never.

I've seriously broke a few hearts though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

shows how immature you are.
    Random bitches should be a signal to all , what you think of woman.

Getting over the hump and realizing woman are part of the 'other' side of the human race is one thing , but fully understanding they are basically a different species
    and 'we' coexist with them is another.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    shows how immature you are.
    Random bitches should be a signal to all , what you think of woman.

Getting over the hump and realizing woman are part of the 'other' side of the human race is one thing , but fully understanding they are basically a different species
    and 'we' coexist with them is another.
    Old man Jasper. Get off my dick. You're a different generation. Women today are not the submissive type that you're used to. They're psychotic, temperamental. You can't slap them around when they disappoint you like you're used to doing.