Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default NYC mayor announces end of gifted students programs because it favors whites & asians

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/de-blasi...public-schools

Can you imagine how far backwards this nation would be by now if we didn't praise and encourage the most intelligent, motivated and talented youth to succeed?

China is laughing their ass off at us right now. They don't need a strong military to become the world's top superpower. All they need to do is sitback with some popcorn and watch us implode by ourselves.
    Last edited by Long Duck Dong; 10-08-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: NYC mayor announces end of gifted students programs because it favors whites & as

Whites and Asians are the smarter demographic in this country. Anyone who doesn't know that is an idiot. Liberals want us to regress.

All for "The Great Reset"

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Re: NYC mayor announces end of gifted students programs because it favors whites & as

I'm cool with this as long as it's across the board. The NBA starts making points scored by asian players worth +1 and black players -1. Some Harrison Bergeron shit.

On a serious note, how do we develop society with this mentality? The gifted students who want to learn should be given the most attention, because the whole ****ing point is furthering society. And the smart kids are going to be the ones advancing medicine, technology etc.

Honestly, it doesn't matter because the cream rises to the top regardless. There are gifted people of all backgrounds, and there are giftless people of all backgrounds, and those who are bound to excel will do so. School programs don't affect that reality. They basically just put a politically uncomfortable spotlight on it.

Also, businesses are moving out of places like NY anyway, so fewer people with 'gifted kids' are going to be putting kids in New York schools in the years to come. NY and coastal California are eventually going to be zoned entirely for refugees, antifa nerds, and homeless people, where they'll be important as political capital in maintaining the national illusion of democracy and such. People who want to continue to learn, work, grow, and have families will live elsewhere.

It's obviously cringey that we're at this point, but in practical terms I don't think it's much of a big deal. Gifted kids will learn and excel regardless of school programs.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    It's obviously cringey that we're at this point, but in practical terms I don't think it's much of a big deal. Gifted kids will learn and excel regardless of school programs.
    It is a big deal. Asian kids with much higher GPA's and SAT's get turned away for blacks and hispanics. All to meet some race quota. It's the definition of racism. And by cream of the crop what percentage of top students are you talking about? What about the asian kid who has test scores too low for an asian to get into Berkley but is still much higher than the average black or hispanic? **** that asian kid, right.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Whites and Asians are the smarter demographic in this country. Anyone who doesn't know that is an idiot. Liberals want us to regress.
    Trump supporters are the poorly educated. No wonder he loves them.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    https://www.fox5ny.com/news/de-blasi...public-schools

Can you imagine how far backwards this nation would be by now if we didn't praise and encourage the most intelligent, motivated and talented youth to succeed?

China is laughing their ass off at us right now. They don't need a strong military to become the world's top superpower. All they need to do is sitback with some popcorn and watch us implode by ourselves.

As much of a joke as the USA has become and continues to be... who is exactly going to look to China for leadership?

Where have China been the thought leaders?

China keeps isolating itself and setting itself back. China has a ton of potential to easily surpass the US... but it's just potential. They're too oppressive. The USA is too free and wealthy and the create their own problems. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    It is a big deal. Asian kids with much higher GPA's and SAT's get turned away for blacks and hispanics. All to meet some race quota. It's the definition of racism. And by cream of the crop what percentage of top students are you talking about? What about the asian kid who has test scores too low for an asian to get into Berkley but is still much higher than the average black or hispanic? **** that asian kid, right.
    If theyre as smart as advertised, theyll understand that the importance of college degrees in the world of employment is beginning to wane, and measures like this will only accelerate that process. The caché of “going to Berkley” is not going to be as significant tomorrow as it was yesterday. It will eventually disappear entirely.

Being smart is all about looking ahead.

Trust me, if the kids are smart, theyre gonna be alright.

I almost wish I was back in school. I did very little and got b's and c's. With all this dumbing down I could do absolutely nothing and get a's.

Classic libtard logic - were too stupid/incompetent to improve the test scores of low performing students, so in the name of equity we need to cut down the high performing students.

Spend 5 seconds looking at the natural world and it will be instantly clear to you that equity does not exist in nature. Intelligence, beauty, athleticism ... nature distributes these qualities in a very unequal way. You can offer people equal opportunity, but no amount of meddling will ever result in people having equal outcomes.

Anyway, its hard to feel too much sympathy for the affluent whites and asians of NYC whose families will suffer from this, considering the vast majority of them voted for their ass clown mayor twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Classic libtard logic - were too stupid/incompetent to improve the test scores of low performing students, so in the name of equity we need to cut down the high performing students.

Spend 5 seconds looking at the natural world and it will be instantly clear to you that equity does not exist in nature. Intelligence, beauty, athleticism ... nature distributes these qualities in a very unequal way. You can offer people equal opportunity, but no amount of meddling will ever result in people having equal outcomes.

Anyway, its hard to feel too much sympathy for the affluent whites and asians of NYC whose families will suffer from this, considering the vast majority of them voted for their ass clown mayor twice in a row.
    Yup!

You reap what you sow. We really need two different countries. Why, as a citizen, be subjected to a government and a mindset you don't support?

Yup!

You reap what you sow. We really need two different countries. Why, as a citizen, be subjected to a government and a mindset you don't support?
    I dont really think two countries would fix anything, and I dont see how a split would even be possible considering the liberal areas are small areas of dense population while the conservative areas take up 90% land. Also like 40% of the country consider themselves independents, while team red and blue are both around 28-29%, where are you supposed to live if you dont support either party?

I think the right and left need to put aside their differences and focus on the real problem - the small number of preposterously wealthy oligarchs who own 99% of this country and use their immense power and wealth to divide and conquer average americans. These oligarchs are the driving force behind all the big wedge issues creating issues modern american society, get rid of them and I think a lot of the issues that divide us will melt away.

Yup!

It’s a tricky thing to balance. It’s natural for us to view the grass as greener on the other side, but in reality that isnt how it always works.

If we split into two countries... would either be great to live in? You think about the Salem witch burnings, or some of the stuff that went on at the Waco compound, some of these fundamentalist communities in Utah... it’s not exactly paradise. Without enough liberalism in government to keep such things in check, it could easily shift right back in that direction.

Obviously on the other side, a country made up exclusively of antifa nerds is simply not tenable. No explanation needed. The hard thing is maintaining a balance, but the reality is that times change as generations go by. Even in primitive isolated cultures, change is inevitable, it just happens much, much slower. The amount of technological luxury and indulgence we have in the west is also what drives the incredible and often disturbing speed of social change.

In a way, we’re incredibly fortunate to sort of pick and choose from each side of the aisle in whatever combination satisfies each of us personally, without having to worry about being subjected to one-sided extremism. But it’s just not really our nature to appreciate how much worse things could be, because we’re evolved to want to increase satisfaction no matter where we actually are on the scale of fortune.

Liberals will have to have a little green book of safe places they can visit as they traverse the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    I dont really think two countries would fix anything, and I dont see how a split would even be possible considering the liberal areas are small areas of dense population while the conservative areas take up 90% land. Also like 40% of the country consider themselves independents, while team red and blue are both around 28-29%, where are you supposed to live if you dont support either party?

I think the right and left need to put aside their differences and focus on the real problem - the small number of preposterously wealthy oligarchs who own 99% of this country and use their immense power and wealth to divide and conquer average americans. These oligarchs are the driving force behind all the big wedge issues creating issues modern american society, get rid of them and I think a lot of the issues that divide us will melt away.
    Possibly, altho theres still a flip side to this coin as well.

Wealthy people at the top have the most incentive to maintain order. Without a central authority, conflict runs rampant. And not just arguing-on-the-internet conflict, but constant-warfare conflict. For some who have a warrior mentality, this is obviously not altogether unfavorable. But in general society will seek to avoid risk and physical harm where possible, and prefer to spend time texting and watching netflix and doing the things that make a handful of CEOs rich. The idea that we can just spread wealth out equally is in reality probably not sustainable.

It’s arguable that the course we’re on is in fact the only course POSSIBLE for a society with the combination of factors ours includes. Any kind of revolution or overhaul would have to be one that comports to the parameters of human nature, otherwise theyll be temporary and eventually revert back to the most efficient form of society, which includes a lot of beta subjugation.

So yeah.

Crazy stuff.