Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 110

Thread: LOL Kyrie

  1. #91
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9,954

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
    I think you may need to do more research, alot of what you said is not factually accurate. Children already recieve dozens of vacciness, they are required to go to school, it called immuziation.

    We are in the middle of a PANDEMIC, with a virus that is highly contagious and mutates. The last time we faced a similar challege worldwide was over a 100 years ago.

    You really should educate yourself on what the Flu is and it's origins. Influeza was a pandemic in 1918 and killed between 50-100 Million people worldwide at a time when there were ony 2 billion people on the earth. There is an old saying, if you don't know your history you are doomed to repeat it.
    Nothing i said was factually inaccurate. I used the best science we have on this. Tell me exactly what i said that was not accurate?

    And I've done my research and covid is different from the spanish flu in that it actually hit some younger age groups as hard or harder than the older age groups. It was much more deadly than covid. The death rate was about 4 or 5 times higher and more people died even though the population was much smaller. It made sense to vaccinate everyone for these reasons.

    Your doing what everyone with your line of thinking does and you just go back to the saying "but it's a pandemic that's highly contagious" this is true but lets be rational and look at the facts once again.

    Fact: covid cases in the us is 99-100% delta now and delta is infects and spreads the same in the vaxxed as it does the unvaxed. This is what the science tells us.

    Fact: covid survivors have antibodies that are as good to 6 times better than the vaccine. This is what the science tells us.

    Fact: children die and get hospitalized at a ridiculously low rate. They're just as protected as someone who's vaccinated.

    So once again the question becomes. If the unvaccinated aren't spreading this anymore than the vaxxed and children and people with natural antibodies are as protected or more protected than the vaccinated why should they be mandated to take the vaccine?

    And please don't answer with it's a pandemic or people are dying. Actually answer the question at hand.

  2. #92
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    1,090

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Nothing i said was factually inaccurate.
    You literally say something factually incorrect two sentences in.

  3. #93
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9,954

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintzFury13 View Post
    You literally say something factually incorrect two sentences in.
    So what was it and why is it wrong?

  4. #94
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    1,090

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    So what was it and why is it wrong?
    "The science says it's no different when it comes to the spread with Delta".

    If you are going to make claims like this, at least back it up with something factual. Right now all science points to the Delta variant being a lot easier to catch and spread.

  5. #95
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9,954

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintzFury13 View Post
    "The science says it's no different when it comes to the spread with Delta".

    If you are going to make claims like this, at least back it up with something factual. Right now all science points to the Delta variant being a lot easier to catch and spread.
    Not true and I've backed this up numerous times in other threads but your right i don't think i did in this one so here you go. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mP9iHyj1uiU. Fauci discusses how with delta the virus in the nasal is no different than with vaccinated and unvaxed. With alpha which used to be the dominant strain virus in the nasal was considerably less in a vaxxed than it was an unvaxed and that's why the vaccines worked better at reducing spread with alpha.

    Here's an interview with the cdc director speaking on this a bit more. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgI1IFPMXQ. Notice how she says hope and basis this off of alpha. In her defense the studies that Fauci spoke on in the other clip came out right after this but it's misleading to put it out there like that when she didn't know. So Your not the only one making this mistake. The director of the cdc and even fauci before those studies came out did the same. The media also does it every day as do most people.

  6. #96
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9,954

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Not true and I've backed this up numerous times in other threads but your right i don't think i did in this one so here you go. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mP9iHyj1uiU. Fauci discusses how with delta the virus in the nasal is no different than with vaccinated and unvaxed. With alpha which used to be the dominant strain virus in the nasal was considerably less in a vaxxed than it was an unvaxed and that's why the vaccines worked better at reducing spread with alpha.

    Here's an interview with the cdc director speaking on this a bit more. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgI1IFPMXQ. Notice how she says hope and basis this off of alpha. In her defense the studies that Fauci spoke on in the other clip came out right after this but it's misleading to put it out there like that when she didn't know. So Your not the only one making this mistake. The director of the cdc and even fauci before those studies came out did the same. The media also does it every day as do most people.
    And you right it is easier to catch and spread delta but getting vaccinated dosn't reduce this. It just reduces your chances of dying or being hospitalized

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,953

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    https://sports.yahoo.com/adrian-wojn...124223101.html

    I would happily take Irving on the clippers. Take anything you want in a trade outside of George\Leonard\Ibaka. Give him the season off if he likes and return next year to begin the dynasty big 3 of Irving\George\Kawhi.

    Irving will never win with chokers like Harden and Durant and he probably is starting to realize that.

  8. #98
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9,954

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/adrian-wojn...124223101.html

    I would happily take Irving on the clippers. Take anything you want in a trade outside of George\Leonard\Ibaka. Give him the season off if he likes and return next year to begin the dynasty big 3 of Irving\George\Kawhi.

    Irving will never win with chokers like Harden and Durant and he probably is starting to realize that.
    You don't think they can win if they're all healthy? They were beating the champs easily before injuries.

  9. #99
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,015

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Nothing i said was factually inaccurate. I used the best science we have on this. Tell me exactly what i said that was not accurate?

    And I've done my research and covid is different from the spanish flu in that it actually hit some younger age groups as hard or harder than the older age groups. It was much more deadly than covid. The death rate was about 4 or 5 times higher and more people died even though the population was much smaller. It made sense to vaccinate everyone for these reasons.

    Your doing what everyone with your line of thinking does and you just go back to the saying "but it's a pandemic that's highly contagious" this is true but lets be rational and look at the facts once again.

    Fact: covid cases in the us is 99-100% delta now and delta is infects and spreads the same in the vaxxed as it does the unvaxed. This is what the science tells us.

    Fact: covid survivors have antibodies that are as good to 6 times better than the vaccine. This is what the science tells us.

    Fact: children die and get hospitalized at a ridiculously low rate. They're just as protected as someone who's vaccinated.

    So once again the question becomes. If the unvaccinated aren't spreading this anymore than the vaxxed and children and people with natural antibodies are as protected or more protected than the vaccinated why should they be mandated to take the vaccine?

    And please don't answer with it's a pandemic or people are dying. Actually answer the question at hand.
    I have listed a few things below, if you have additional crediable scienctific data that disputes this please post it.

    The science actually says there's no different in the spread when it comes to delta which all cases now.
    This statement is not factual. What the science has determined thus far is the delta variant carries more virus in the nasal passage than previous variants and is more contagious than previous variants. We also know there are breakout cases of Covid in fully vacinated people and these individuals have high enough levels of virus to transmit it to others. However we do not know what the conditions were when these peope contracted Covid.

    The science has not concluded Non vacinated people and vacinated people contract the virus or transmit the virus at the same rate.

    The data overwhelming shows vaccines reduce death, serious illness and the overall number of cases.

    People do not have natural immunity prior to being exposed to a novel virus. Segments of the population have stronger immune systems which are better equipped to fight off new diseases without medical intervention. Scientist do not know why the Delta variant became more deadly in young people than previous variants and you cannot rule out the possibilty a new variant will have more deadly consequences for younger people.

    The modern ventalitor was invented in the 1940's if we did not have this device today along with modern medical treatments many more people would be dying from Covid.

  10. #100
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9,954

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
    I have listed a few things below, if you have additional crediable scienctific data that disputes this please post it.



    This statement is not factual. What the science has determined thus far is the delta variant carries more virus in the nasal passage than previous variants and is more contagious than previous variants. We also know there are breakout cases of Covid in fully vacinated people and these individuals have high enough levels of virus to transmit it to others. However we do not know what the conditions were when these peope contracted Covid.

    The science has not concluded Non vacinated people and vacinated people contract the virus or transmit the virus at the same rate.

    The data overwhelming shows vaccines reduce death, serious illness and the overall number of cases.

    People do not have natural immunity prior to being exposed to a novel virus. Segments of the population have stronger immune systems which are better equipped to fight off new diseases without medical intervention. Scientist do not know why the Delta variant became more deadly in young people than previous variants and you cannot rule out the possibilty a new variant will have more deadly consequences for younger people.

    The modern ventalitor was invented in the 1940's if we did not have this device today along with modern medical treatments many more people would be dying from Covid.
    Honestly we're gonna have to agree to disagree man. Even the cdc and fauci say the spread isn't reduced with delta. The best studies we have say the same. Your ignoring the science and using correlated data that hasn't been properly studied to eliminate possible variables. On top of that your cherry picking the correlated data because lots of places that are more vaccinated than ever also have their highest cases.

    I do however agree the vaccines lower deaths and hospitalizations. Again depend on where you look cases aren't necessarily lowered by being more vaccinated.

    And people do have natural immunity dude. If your young your immune system natural fights off covid better than older people. The same goes for healthy adults. If that's not natural immunity i don't know what you call it. We're pretty much just arguing semantics on that one.

    As far as your point that delta is more deadly with kids it is but it's not significant enough to mandate it. Kids are still super low risk. Plus i don't know how accurate these numbers are to begin with. Here is cdc data on this https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm. note that child deaths are up with monthly cases if you look at the last few months where delta has taken over. Weirdly enough if you look at flu deaths though they're at zero so something isn't adding up. Generally about 40-60 kids die a month of the flu and now it's at zero so most of those child covid deaths were gonna happen anyway.

  11. #101
    Burning Spirit! BurningHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    BMO Field
    Posts
    9,086

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    And people do have natural immunity dude. If your young your immune system natural fights off covid better than older people. The same goes for healthy adults. If that's not natural immunity i don't know what you call it. We're pretty much just arguing semantics on that one.
    >Letting people to contract the virus and risking them dying and/or spreading the virus further just to get the natural immunity is okay.

    Alright, dude. Keep walking in circle.

  12. #102
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,015

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Honestly we're gonna have to agree to disagree man. Even the cdc and fauci say the spread isn't reduced with delta. The best studies we have say the same. Your ignoring the science and using correlated data that hasn't been properly studied to eliminate possible variables. On top of that your cherry picking the correlated data because lots of places that are more vaccinated than ever also have their highest cases.

    I do however agree the vaccines lower deaths and hospitalizations. Again depend on where you look cases aren't necessarily lowered by being more vaccinated.

    And people do have natural immunity dude. If your young your immune system natural fights off covid better than older people. The same goes for healthy adults. If that's not natural immunity i don't know what you call it. We're pretty much just arguing semantics on that one.

    As far as your point that delta is more deadly with kids it is but it's not significant enough to mandate it. Kids are still super low risk. Plus i don't know how accurate these numbers are to begin with. Here is cdc data on this https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm. note that child deaths are up with monthly cases if you look at the last few months where delta has taken over. Weirdly enough if you look at flu deaths though they're at zero so something isn't adding up. Generally about 40-60 kids die a month of the flu and now it's at zero so most of those child covid deaths were gonna happen anyway.

    We are looking at it from two different perspectives which is fine, I credit you for doing you homework and listening to opposing views. Many people are not trying to educate themselves and refuse to attempt to be objective or intellecually honest.
    The fact is there is alot of gray areas and unknowns right now. I feel we have enough historicaly information and data correlations to fully implement the vaccine stategy.
    You feel this is not necessary for all age groups, because young people are less likely to get seriously ill or die from Covid and mRNA vaccines are new technology. My main concern is the virus continues to circulate and mutate and we eventually face a variant more deadly or contagious than the delta variant which is vaccine resistant. This is what will happen if we don't reduce the spread drastically, and we continue to allow the virus to infect millions of people around the world.

    To clarify on natural immunity when your body has never fought a virus before it has to figure out how to defeat a deadly pathogen. Once you have recovered from the virus or bacteria your body stores information on how to defeat the virus in the future. This would be natural immuntiy to a pathogen, vaccines introduce a small harmless amount of a pathogen to your immune system, so you body fights off the disease and stores how to defeat the pathogen for future exposure.

  13. #103
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9,954

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    >Letting people to contract the virus and risking them dying and/or spreading the virus further just to get the natural immunity is okay.

    Alright, dude. Keep walking in circle.
    Who in the hell said people should do that? Pay attention buddy. There are over 42 million people in the states who had covid and who now have as good or better protection than the vaccinated. I never once said people should get the virus intentionally to get antibodies. Shiiiiit you must work for cnn bruh. Don lemmon is that you?

  14. #104
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9,954

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
    We are looking at it from two different perspectives which is fine, I credit you for doing you homework and listening to opposing views. Many people are not trying to educate themselves and refuse to attempt to be objective or intellecually honest.
    The fact is there is alot of gray areas and unknowns right now. I feel we have enough historicaly information and data correlations to fully implement the vaccine stategy.
    You feel this is not necessary for all age groups, because young people are less likely to get seriously ill or die from Covid and mRNA vaccines are new technology. My main concern is the virus continues to circulate and mutate and we eventually face a variant more deadly or contagious than the delta variant which is vaccine resistant. This is what will happen if we don't reduce the spread drastically, and we continue to allow the virus to infect millions of people around the world.

    To clarify on natural immunity when your body has never fought a virus before it has to figure out how to defeat a deadly pathogen. Once you have recovered from the virus or bacteria your body stores information on how to defeat the virus in the future. This would be natural immuntiy to a pathogen, vaccines introduce a small harmless amount of a pathogen to your immune system, so you body fights off the disease and stores how to defeat the pathogen for future exposure.
    Yeah i here ya man. We don't really agree but it's all good. It's to bad the conversation around this isn't as civil and respectful as ours was but i get it. Both sides have strong beliefs that the other is the problem and like most debates evidence can be found to support both sides so the debate usually goes nowhere.

    Good debate man

  15. #105
    Burning Spirit! BurningHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    BMO Field
    Posts
    9,086

    Default Re: LOL Kyrie

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Who in the hell said people should do that? Pay attention buddy. There are over 42 million people in the states who had covid and who now have as good or better protection than the vaccinated. I never once said people should get the virus intentionally to get antibodies. Shiiiiit you must work for cnn bruh. Don lemmon is that you?
    You know both natural immunity and vaccine efficiency will wane over time and we will walk back to the same shit all over again, right? Let's intentionally get the virus to gain the natural immunity again in the next year to two!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •