Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: what heaven is like

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    How can heaven be on earth when existence is pain?
    When the whole world becomes f*cking pointless, you know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Here are Kobe's finals stats

2000 - 15.6 ppg | 39 fg%

2001 - 24 ppg | 41.5 fg% | 50 TS%

2002 - 27 ppg | 51 fg% | 62 TS%

2004 - 23 ppg | 38 fg% | 46 TS%

2008 - 26 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 50.5 TS%

2009 - 32 ppg | 43 fg% | 52.5 TS%

2010 - 29 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 52.8 TS%

Here are Kobe's game seven stats.

44.2 MPG

22.2 points

FG 38.9%

FT 67.3%

8 RPG

5 APG

1 SPG

1.3 BPG

Here are Kobe's stats when facing elimination.

22.3 PPG

5.8 RPG

3.5 APG

1.3 SPG

1.3 BPG

on a 50.3 TS

and his teams went 9-10 in those games.

I dunno what any of this has to do with a majority of respected opinions. it's just you nitpicking my success

I dont think a fieldgoal percentage being lower is an asterisk.

you know what is? colluding, steroids, shortened seasons, bubbles, do or die legacy saving bail outs

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_Bryant View Post
    I dunno what any of this has to do with a majority of respected opinions. it's just you nitpicking my success
    You might have to re-think those "respected" opinions after I just showed you how Kobe played when it counted.

Banned

You might have to re-think those "respected" opinions after I just showed you how Kobe played when it counted.
    the finals had elevated defense back when I played. outside shooters usually shot lower percentages cause of the physicality and refs letting things go more.

the goat Michael jordan struggled shooting during his 2nd three peat for a reason.

and remember lebrons struggles outside during my era? that's because guys could actually touch him and put a body in front of him. everyone I defended shot the same or worse. it's just the times. which is why guys put me over lebron. they respect my era and accomplishments more because the league became a joke
    Last edited by Kobe_Bryant; 10-18-2021 at 01:07 AM.

the finals had elevated defense back when I played. outside shooters usually shot lower percentages cause of the physicality and refs letting things go more.
    Aren't you on record as saying the finals were a relative cakewalk( to explain Shaq's finals stats) and the 'real' finals were in the western conference( to hype up Kobe's)? You want to discredit Shaq dropping 36 and 17 on the Sixers while hyping 'you' dropping 30/7/6 on the Spurs or whatever. But now.......the finals had elevated defense. Didn't seem to bother Shaq much and the majority of the physicality would have been entire frontlines fouling out trying to stop him. 'You' simply weren't as strong a finals performer as your 3peat partner, or MJ/Lebron.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 10-18-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Aren't you on record as saying the finals were a relative cakewalk( to explain Shaq's finals stats) and the 'real' finals were in the western conference( to hype up Kobe's)? You want to discredit Shaq dropping 36 and 17 on the Sixers while hyping 'you' dropping 30/7/6 on the Spurs or whatever. But now.......the finals had elevated defense. Didn't seem to bother Shaq much and the majority of the physicality would have been entire frontlines fouling out trying to stop him. 'You' simply weren't as strong a finals performer as your 3peat partner, or MJ/Lebron.

for shaq they were. I usually have pretty solid competition on the wing with guys like Miller, rose, mullin, bell, mckie, Iverson, kidd, Jefferson, prince, Hamilton, Billups

we can't all play guys like toddler mcqueefla, Rick shits and 40yo dadooky mutombel

basically nobody shaq had to worry about inside lmao. my job was actually kind of busy on both ends

and for some reason I always get a devastating injury that involves major ligament or bone damage whenever I play in the finals. that or food poisoning and surgery

Shaq just had to worry about not eating too much before the game
    Last edited by Kobe_Bryant; 10-18-2021 at 07:22 AM.

for shaq they were. I usually have pretty solid competition on the wing with guys like Miller, rose, mullin, bell, mckie, Iverson, kidd, Jefferson, prince, Hamilton, Billups

we can't all play guys like toddler mcqueefla, Rick shits and 40yo dadooky mutombel

basically nobody shaq had to worry about inside lmao. my job was actually kind of busy on both ends

and for some reason I always get a devastating injury that involves major ligament or bone damage whenever I play in the finals. that or food poisoning and surgery

Shaq just had to worry about not eating too much before the game
    Mutombo was the DPOY and the same age(34/35) when Shaq murked him that Reggie was in 2000 when 'you' were dropping 16ppg on 37%. I love how you throw Mullin's name in there like we talking 1990 dream teamer Mullin and not 37 year old has-been Mullin. LOL at throwing out Aaron Mckie's name and Bells name like they were more than role players. Jefferson was a 9ppg rookie in 2002.

Any particular reason you didn't mention that Shaq in 2004 was playing Ben Wallace? He was only the 2-time DPOY at that point( and won it two more times afterwards). Rasheed? I mean, you mention Prince, Billips and Hamilton. Don't start dropping those names and shed light on that finals. Yikes...

In 'your' heaven is Kobe finally ranked ahead of Lebron?

Hahahahahhaha

Here are Kobe's finals stats

2000 - 15.6 ppg | 39 fg%

2001 - 24 ppg | 41.5 fg% | 50 TS%

2002 - 27 ppg | 51 fg% | 62 TS%

2004 - 23 ppg | 38 fg% | 46 TS%

2008 - 26 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 50.5 TS%

2009 - 32 ppg | 43 fg% | 52.5 TS%

2010 - 29 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 52.8 TS%

Here are Kobe's game seven stats.

44.2 MPG

22.2 points

FG 38.9%

FT 67.3%

8 RPG

5 APG

1 SPG

1.3 BPG

Here are Kobe's stats when facing elimination.

22.3 PPG

5.8 RPG

3.5 APG

1.3 SPG

1.3 BPG

on a 50.3 TS

and his teams went 9-10 in those games.

Ranked ahead of LeBron for Bosh level rings being 2nd fiddle to Shaq.

Banned

Mutombo was the DPOY and the same age(34/35) when Shaq murked him that Reggie was in 2000 when 'you' were dropping 16ppg on 37%. I love how you throw Mullin's name in there like we talking 1990 dream teamer Mullin and not 37 year old has-been Mullin. LOL at throwing out Aaron Mckie's name and Bells name like they were more than role players. Jefferson was a 9ppg rookie in 2002.

Any particular reason you didn't mention that Shaq in 2004 was playing Ben Wallace? He was only the 2-time DPOY at that point( and won it two more times afterwards). Rasheed? I mean, you mention Prince, Billips and Hamilton. Don't start dropping those names and shed light on that finals. Yikes...
    mutombo won dpoty for blocking little guys coming into the paint. he was weak 1 on 1 vs bigger guys. he just used his face to play defense on shaq basically. he was at the end of his career and got charity DPOTY award.

and I almost forgot about Mark Jackson. I also hounded him full court while Shaq just stood in the paint. believe me kiddo. it's much tougher for a perimeter player to play defense. being able to just camp out for weak side shot blocking is much more enjoyable

and I dunno why you're just glossing over Reggie Miller, Iverson and Jason Kidd while nitpicking Jefferson. sounds like you're shook and grasping for straws to make an argument.

and in 2004 the pistons single covered shaq and double teamed me. it was Larry browns strategy cause it left us with almost no shot clock trying to get the ball up the court.

like I said. I actually had a real job on both ends. Shaq didn't. Ben didn't score either. any time a big scoring center or PF faces shaq its suddenly tough for us. wonder why. maybe cause shaq couldn't defend the pick and roll or step out to contest mid range jumpers. or the fact that he was lazy on defense all around other than sending 1 or 2 shots into the 5th row.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Ranked ahead of LeBron for Bosh level rings being 2nd fiddle to Shaq.
    bosh averaged 29ppg during a title run?

at most you can nitpick 2000. my 2001 and 2002 rings are legit. better than almost any other non finals mvp rings in history and probly better than 90% of finals mvps too.

so I have 4 rings you can't really dismiss. and saved shaq for the 2000 title twice.

not a single asterisk. just a lower than usual fg%.

lebron on the other hand. lockouts. bail outs. bubbles. collusions. ring chasing. suspensions and steroids

sorry fella. I'm a real player. your guys a fraud and a cheater

mutombo won dpoty for blocking little guys coming into the paint. he was weak 1 on 1 vs bigger guys. he just used his face to play defense on shaq basically. he was at the end of his career and got charity DPOTY award.

and I almost forgot about Mark Jackson. I also hounded him full court while Shaq just stood in the paint. believe me kiddo. it's much tougher for a perimeter player to play defense. being able to just camp out for weak side shot blocking is much more enjoyable

and I dunno why you're just glossing over Reggie Miller, Iverson and Jason Kidd while nitpicking Jefferson. sounds like you're shook and grasping for straws to make an argument.

and in 2004 the pistons single covered shaq and double teamed me. it was Larry browns strategy cause it left us with almost no shot clock trying to get the ball up the court.

like I said. I actually had a real job on both ends. Shaq didn't. Ben didn't score either. any time a big scoring center or PF faces shaq its suddenly tough for us. wonder why. maybe cause shaq couldn't defend the pick and roll or step out to contest mid range jumpers. or the fact that he was lazy on defense all around other than sending 1 or 2 shots into the 5th row.
    You could have stuck with names that actually mattered within the context of when they were playing those Laker squads. Chris Mullin in 2000 is a stretch. Raja Bell and Mckie were decent role players. You called out a bunch of names that shouldn't have posed any issue if 'you' were as great as you proclaim. Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billips weren't close to 'your' level. The only perimeter guy who actually was, Iverson, actually outproduced 'you' while being the sole focus of the offense. Even with Shaq on-board carrying the offense 'you' could barely muster 25ppg on 41%. At least shoot a decent percentage ya stupid fukk.

So the Pistons strategy was to double you and 'single' Shaq......and 'you' thought it was a good idea to jack up more shots at a 38% clip than the guy dropping 27 on 63%. Dumb shit like that is why on 10 random rankings lists, 'you' are barely top 10 on half of them.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 10-18-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Banned

You could have stuck with names that actually mattered within the context of when they were playing those Laker squads. Chris Mullin in 2000 is a stretch. Raja Bell and Mckie were decent role players. You called out a bunch of names that shouldn't have posed any issue if 'you' were as great as you proclaim. Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billips weren't close to 'your' level. The only perimeter guy who actually was, Iverson, actually outproduced 'you' while being the sole focus of the offense. Even with Shaq on-board carrying the offense 'you' could barely muster 25ppg on 41%. At least shoot a decent percentage ya stupid fukk.

So the Pistons strategy was to double you and 'single' Shaq......and 'you' thought it was a good idea to jack up more shots at a 38% clip than the guy dropping 27 on 63%. Dumb shit like that is why on 10 random rankings lists, 'you' are barely top 10 on half of them.
    when I mention bell it's in a defensive context. obviously you wouldn't understand because you never watched the era I'm talking about

and I never said any of these guys were on my level. I said they actually required effort. shaq had a cake walk with his matchups. my guys would average around 20 points or more or be the primary playmakers/stoppers and shaqs matchups were just trash cans mostly with around 10 points at most.

and like I said shaq needs to get started early in the shot clock and they pressed us to drain clock. and he never came over from the weak side when I had the ball. he just stood on the other side of the floor crying and not going for rebounds out of spite. it was an obvious sabotage due to our feud. we just took turns doing our own thing and he had single coverage so he got better looks. he wasn't willing to work with me in the offense so he couldn't get the ball more when they doubled. I had to just swing it or force it and we had no shooters at the time

when I mention bell it's in a defensive context. obviously you wouldn't understand because you never watched the era I'm talking about

and I never said any of these guys were on my level. I said they actually required effort. shaq had a cake walk with his matchups. my guys would average around 20 points or more or be the primary playmakers/stoppers and shaqs matchups were just trash cans mostly with around 10 points at most.

and like I said shaq needs to get started early in the shot clock and they pressed us to drain clock. and he never came over from the weak side when I had the ball. he just stood on the other side of the floor crying and not going for rebounds out of spite. it was an obvious sabotage due to our feud. we just took turns doing our own thing and he had single coverage so he got better looks. he wasn't willing to work with me in the offense so he couldn't get the ball more when they doubled. I had to just swing it or force it and we had no shooters at the time
    I've been watching since the 80s bud and that's about as far as I read your drivel. Anyone impersonating Kobe's spirit doesn't warrant too much effort and energy. So you can 'last word' away till the cows come home. Reality is 'you're' a fringe top 10 player and relative subpar finals play and series like 2004 are the reason why. Dems the breaks I'm afraid and its utterly skullfukked you.

If they are letting trash like OP into heaven, then they really are opening the floodgates for everyone