View Poll Results: Pippen or Wade

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwyane Wade

    27 57.45%
  • Scottie Pippen

    20 42.55%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 167
  1. #106
    NBA Legend 97 bulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,324

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintzFury13 View Post
    Okay, cool, Wade wet the bed in game 6.

    LeBron wet the bed in every single game.

    This is on par with 3ball logic. Every single star player is going to have bad games in a series at times. It's completely illogical however to point towards the guy who played the best on a consistent basis and criticize the way they played. All you're doing at this point is looking for reasons to criticize Wade, instead of looking at the actual reasons as to why the team lost in the first place. And that all falls back on LeBron.
    I went through 3 of the 4 losses. I'm not blaming Wade. But I plainly showed why he is also involved.

  2. #107
    Seething... ClipperRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,777

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    The poll results PROVE ISH has little credibility. A lot of Brons and their alts posting on this site. Wade is a tier above Pip. Pip is a second fiddle. Wade dominated a finals series as "the man". Wade vs Kobe is a decent convo.

  3. #108
    2020 InsideHoops ROTY Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    21,137

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    The poll results PROVE ISH has little credibility. A lot of Brons and their alts posting on this site. Wade is a tier above Pip. Pip is a second fiddle. Wade dominated a finals series as "the man". Wade vs Kobe is a decent convo.
    But as an all-around player, pippen is more versatile due to his size and floor iq. Scoring is wade's biggest edge over him.

  4. #109
    Decent college freshman BigShotBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,769

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    But as an all-around player, pippen is more versatile due to his size and floor iq. Scoring is wade's biggest edge over him.
    Their floor IQ is very comparable, perhaps more so in Wade's favor

  5. #110
    College star dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,815

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    The poll results PROVE ISH has little credibility. A lot of Brons and their alts posting on this site. Wade is a tier above Pip. Pip is a second fiddle. Wade dominated a finals series as "the man". Wade vs Kobe is a decent convo.
    To be fair, the OP was asking in the context of a 2nd option on a title team. For that you could choose Pippen and it's perfectly reasonable. I think maybe a lot of people understood the thread in that way.

  6. #111
    2.0 patch Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    To be fair, the OP was asking in the context of a 2nd option on a title team. For that you could choose Pippen and it's perfectly reasonable. I think maybe a lot of people understood the thread in that way.
    It's the only logical answer really because we got a decade of Scottie in that role which consumed the entirety of his peak and prime. Lebron and Wade were like 1a/1b in 2011, and Wade didn't really drop to '2nd fiddle' status until 2012, and while still in his prime we had already seen his peak. Pippen's 'jack of trades' skillset made him ideal for that role, whereas Wade was a natural 1st option( mostly because he has first option scoring ability).

  7. #112
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    It's the only logical answer really because we got a decade of Scottie in that role which consumed the entirety of his peak and prime. Lebron and Wade were like 1a/1b in 2011, and Wade didn't really drop to '2nd fiddle' status until 2012, and while still in his prime we had already seen his peak. Pippen's 'jack of trades' skillset made him ideal for that role, whereas Wade was a natural 1st option( mostly because he has first option scoring ability).
    Wait til you see some Piptard argue that 1994 Pip could carry the 95-98 Bulls even without MJ

  8. #113
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    1,090

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish View Post
    Wait til you see some Piptard argue that 1994 Pip could carry the 95-98 Bulls even without MJ
    With this website, anything's possible.

  9. #114
    It is what it is TheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,730

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Peak Wade was better than Pippen but would be kind of redundant playing next to MJ, unlike Pippen.

    These comparisons are kinda unrealistic.

    Speaking of Pippen, I watched an old Bulls vs Lakers game last night and MJ was absolutely CARRIED all game. He went something like 7-30 from the field but Pippen and Kukoc saved his ass. MJ was at a point where he just refused to shoot anymore unless it was a free throw. Still got something like 29 points but was absolutely HORRENDOUS. Unlike Pippen.

    But anyway, carry on...
    What game was this? YouTube videos always have what year the game was from.

  10. #115
    NBA lottery pick Shogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,963

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Wade was a better scorer. That's literally it.

  11. #116
    NBA Legend 97 bulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,324

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    What game was this? YouTube videos always have what year the game was from.
    He is talking about that game vs the Lakers in the 96-97 season when the Bulls came back to beat the Lakers after being down by like 20 pts.

  12. #117
    NBA Legend 97 bulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,324

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    The poll results PROVE ISH has little credibility. A lot of Brons and their alts posting on this site. Wade is a tier above Pip. Pip is a second fiddle. Wade dominated a finals series as "the man". Wade vs Kobe is a decent convo.
    Funny after this post. 5 votes show up for Wade. After like 2 days of no movement. Lol

  13. #118
    College star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    4,191

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Did Pippen thank MJ for retiring so he could experience 1st option in his career?.. Otherwise he never would've been a 1st option.

    He needed to attend Jordan's Three-Peat School of Organic Championships and even then his raw production rate as 1st option equaled Larry Hughes' peak and his playoff performance was worse than Pandemic P.

    So he wasn't a 1st option

    And Pippen was outscored by the opposing 2nd leading scorer in 19 of 41 series that he wasn't a 1st option (every series except 1994).. His frequency of getting outscored coupled with a low ppg and worst-ever efficiency means he wasn't a 2nd option.

    So he wasn't even a 2nd option and only got to play one alongside the goat scorer and clutch player.

    So cut the crap.. Pippen is a leading member of the low-efficiency defender class like Simmons, Roberson, Gerald Wallace or Hughes

  14. #119
    College star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    4,191

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Did Pippen thank MJ for retiring so he could experience 1st option in his career?.. Otherwise he never would've been a 1st option.

    He needed to attend Jordan's Three-Peat School of Organic Championships and even then his raw production rate as 1st option equaled Larry Hughes' peak and his playoff performance was worse than Pandemic P.

    So he wasn't a 1st option

    And Pippen was outscored by the opposing 2nd leading scorer in 19 of 41 series that he wasn't a 1st option (every series except 1994).. His frequency of getting outscored coupled with a low ppg and worst-ever efficiency means he wasn't a 2nd option.

    So he wasn't even a 2nd option and only got to play one alongside the goat scorer and clutch player.

    So cut the crap.. Pippen is a leading member of the low-efficiency defender class like Simmons, Roberson, Gerald Wallace or Hughes

    Anyone?

  15. #120
    Banned DoctorP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,079

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    D Whistle. Easy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •