View Poll Results: Pippen or Wade

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwyane Wade

    27 57.45%
  • Scottie Pippen

    20 42.55%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 167
  1. #16
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    1,090

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Do you guys realize that it's harder to have a good defense with Pippen as the #1 option because you have to surround him with expensive offensive players?
    That's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

  2. #17
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    There's 0 argument for Pippen. It's like Karl Marlone vs. Charles Barkley in a way where you reward one guy for his longevity but know that they were never on the same level at their best. Pippen would not be able to carry a team like the '06 Heat to a championship, he was never capable of carrying a high scoring load.

  3. #18
    NBA lottery pick 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Correcting the Jordan Record
    Posts
    5,220

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by Nike D'Antoni View Post
    Who do you rate better as second fiddle to his 1st?
    Wade to Lebron or Pippen to Jordan. And as well overall?


    NBA Championships
    Pippen 6
    Wade 3

    All Nba First Team
    Pippen 3
    Wade 2

    All-NBA Teams
    Wade 8
    Pippen 7

    Finals MVP
    Wade 1
    Pippen 0

    All-Defensive 1st Team
    Pippen 8
    Wade 0

    All-Defensive Teams
    Pippen 10
    Wade 3

    https://www.landofbasketball.com/pla...wyane_wade.htm
    They are about even all time.

  4. #19
    Local High School Star 2much_knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    BranStan Slayer Extraordinaire
    Posts
    1,867

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Depends what the question is.

    As a second fiddle, the edge might go to Pippen. Forcing Wade to be a second fiddle is wasting his talent and when Wade is taking 15-16 shots a game, Pippen's edge on defense can win out. I'd take 2012 Wade over Pippen but I'd take Pippen over 2013 and 2014 Wade.

    However both as the best player on their team, it isn't particularly close. It's clearly Wade.

    This

  5. #20
    College star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintzFury13 View Post
    That's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

    It's a literal fact and the historical record

    Wade's elite offense can be surrounded by cheap defenders like Haslem, Birdman and Battier, which is why the 2010-2012 Heat had better-ranked defenses than the 1st three-peat Bulls.

    So individual defense isn't important when comparing 2 players of vastly different offensive capability because it's easier to build a good defensive team around the better offensive player.

  6. #21
    2.0 patch Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    It's a literal fact and the historical record

    Wade's elite offense can be surrounded by cheap defenders like Haslem, Birdman and Battier, which is why the 2010-2012 Heat had better-ranked defenses than the 1st three-peat Bulls.

    So individual defense isn't important when comparing 2 players of vastly different offensive capability because it's easier to build a good defensive team around the better offensive player.
    Wade's elite offense between 2010-2012 also had Lebron( runner-up DPOY 2013) who wasn't a cheap pick-up at 6 years/110m.

    Last edited by Phoenix; 10-14-2021 at 02:29 PM.

  7. #22
    College star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post

    I'd take 2012 Wade over Pippen


    But Wade was 2nd option in 2012, and you said that you preferred Pippen as 2nd option.

    Although perhaps you misspoke because 2012 Wade had a 26 PER and was higher than any version of Pippen across the board (PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48) - Wade was top 5 in all categories, which Pippen never did.

    So Wade > Pippen as 2nd option too.



    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post

    but I'd take Pippen over 2013 and 2014 Wade.


    Wade's lowest production on a title run > Pippen's across the board:

    13' Wade Playoffs...... 18.7 PER.. 3.1 BPM.. 0.108 WS/48.. 1.0 VORP
    93' Pippen Playoffs.... 16.9 PER.. 2.0 BPM.. 0.087 WS/48.. 0.8 VORP


    And Wade averaged 20/5/5 in the Finals, while outscoring the opposing #1 option - that would rank no worse than Pippen's 3rd best Finals and maybe his best
    Last edited by 3ba11; 10-14-2021 at 02:31 PM.

  8. #23
    College star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Wade's elite offense between 2010-2-12 also had Lebron( runner-up DPOY 2013) who wasn't a cheap pick-up at 6 years/110m.


    The post said the 2010 Heat - Lebron didn't play with Wade that year and the Heat had the #6 defense, or better than the 1st three-peat Bulls

  9. #24
    2.0 patch Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    The post said the 2010 Heat - Lebron didn't play with Wade that year and the Heat had the #6 defense, or better than the 1st three-peat Bulls
    The post also said ELITE OFFENSE, and the 2010 Heat were 19th in ORtg. In other words......not elite.

    Also, when you group '2010-2012', it's reasonable to assume that you were referring to the period when Lebron and Bosh joined.....which was in 2010.

  10. #25
    Decent college freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,686

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Wade's elite offense between 2010-2012 also had Lebron( runner-up DPOY 2013) who wasn't a cheap pick-up at 6 years/110m.

    3ball thinks he can continuously get away with stupidity and not get checked for it. It's as if he doesn't think we know that peak LeBron was one of the best defensive players, if not the best defensive player, in the league in 2013.

  11. #26
    2.0 patch Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    3ball thinks he can continuously get away with stupidity and not get checked for it. It's as if he doesn't think we know that peak LeBron was one of the best defensive players, if not the best defensive player, in the league in 2013.
    Note he changed his stance to 'the post said 2010 HEAT, doing the Michael Jackson moonwalk. When you say '2010-2012' like he did initially one is typically referencing the Heatles( Wade, Lebron, Bosh).

  12. #27
    College star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Note he changed his stance to 'the post said 2010 HEAT, doing the Michael Jackson moonwalk. When you say '2010-2012' like he did initially one is typically referencing the Heatles( Wade, Lebron, Bosh).

    No, you simply need a lesson in nomenclature - 2010 refers to the 09-10' season... 2011 refers to 10-11' season.... etc, etc, etc... This has always been the case so I guess you needed to know that

  13. #28
    College star dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,815

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Wade is often penalized for having poor longevity but this was the case with Pippen as well. He entered his prime in 1990 and after his injuries in 1998 he was never the same and in fact never made an all-star game again. Something to consider. Wade made the all-star game 13 times (first 12 were well deserved) and Pippen made just 7...

  14. #29
    College star dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,815

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    But Wade was 2nd option in 2012, and you said that you preferred Pippen as 2nd option.

    Although perhaps you misspoke because 2012 Wade had a 26 PER and was higher than any version of Pippen across the board (PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48) - Wade was top 5 in all categories, which Pippen never did.

    So Wade > Pippen as 2nd option too.






    Wade's lowest production on a title run > Pippen's across the board:

    13' Wade Playoffs...... 18.7 PER.. 3.1 BPM.. 0.108 WS/48.. 1.0 VORP
    93' Pippen Playoffs.... 16.9 PER.. 2.0 BPM.. 0.087 WS/48.. 0.8 VORP


    And Wade averaged 20/5/5 in the Finals, while outscoring the opposing #1 option - that would rank no worse than Pippen's 3rd best Finals and maybe his best
    2012 Wade was much better than Pippen offensively... averaged 24/6/5 on +2 rTS from when his knee was drained midway through the Indy series. Pippen's better defense doesn't make up for Wade's offensive edge and Wade was also a good defender. Wade played a big role in getting the Heat out of that Pacers series and he really stepped up the rest of the way.

    But in 2013 and 2014, Wade's offensive numbers were on Pippen's level and his defense was worse. At that point I'd take Pippen.

  15. #30
    College star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dwyane Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    The post also said ELITE OFFENSE, and the 2010 Heat were 19th in ORtg. In other words......not elite.

    Also, when you group '2010-2012', it's reasonable to assume that you were referring to the period when Lebron and Bosh joined.....which was in 2010.

    I never said anything about team offense

    I said that Wade's elite offense can be surrounded by cheap defenders, which allows an equal or better team defense than Pippen, who needs to be surrounded by expensive offensive players..

    I proved this by showing that Wade had the #6 defense in the 09-10' season (better than the 1st three-peat Bulls)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •