Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    He's also the superior...

You sure about that?

Default Re: Top 50 All-Time List - Shot Clock Era = #25

1987 Lakers brutally bullying Skip Bayless…errr I mean clipperrevival

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    You sure about that?

He doesn’t remember any of this. His opinions are fed to him by Skip Bayless.

But seriously, if you never saw a guy play, you really shouldn't give an opinion unless if you really studied up. I get it that bball ref is all you can go by and in that sense, Zeke doesn't look impressive. But anyone who saw him play knows what he was. A straight killer, who led from the front and just brought it every night. His impact was much greater than his stats. And no, I can't prove it with stats. It's the eyeball test. Well, I kind of can given his team's 2 chips.

But anyways stuck to "PER". It's Colin Cowherd/Nick Wright analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    KILLA DILLA PSYCHO THRILLA CLUTCH JEAN ASSASSIN RRRRRRANGZZZZ DOE!
    Like talking to a NPC

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    But seriously, if you never saw a guy play, you really shouldn't give an opinion unless if you really studied up. I get it that bball ref is all you can go by and in that sense, Zeke doesn't look impressive. But anyone who saw him play knows what he was. A straight killer, who led from the front and just brought it every night. His impact was much greater than his stats. And no, I can't prove it with stats. It's the eyeball test. Well, I kind of can given his team's 2 chips.

But anyways stuck to "PER". It's Colin Cowherd/Nick Wright analysis.
    Dude, I watched the '88 Finals in its entirety and most of the Bulls-Pistons playoff battles and I came away really unimpressed with Isiah given the reputation he has. I was an 80's NBA junkie when I was younger, just look at my username.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 10-17-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Right now Pippen has 8, Giannis 5, Isiah 4... I'll close in a few more hours if no more votes come in.

I do find it a bit strange that Lbj and aceman never voted for anyone before Pippen. But at this point I'm leaning towards counting their votes. Pippen feels a bit high at #25 but not a weird choice. There is an argument especially with taking into account 6 rings. I myself don't value beta rings that highly.
    Wtf is a beta ring?! Pippen was chief ball handler, defensive leader & main stopper plus second option on offense. Huge contributor to 6 championships

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    A number 2 over a number 1, especially from the same era is weird.
    Pippen over Isiah. Nope.
    How many pure scorers does Stockton or Nash or Johnson rank ahead of?! You overate one facit of game

We're not onto #26 yet??

No GOAT lists should have Pippen ahead of Isiah. I go for Isiah. What he did as an alpha in Detroit >>> what Pippen did as a beta in Chi. Post Chicago, that showed what Pippen could have been had he not played with MJ. Not in the same level as a leader and competitor.

Banned

hey you guys wanna maybe vote for a white guy like mikan, Pettit, havlicek, cousy, Stockton.. or are you just gonna keep voting guys like pippen way above where they should be

Alright our three finalists are:

Scottie Pippen - 8 (Ryoka Narusawa, 8Ball, ELITEpower23, Lbj, TheCorporation, OOO, SaintzFury13, aceman)
    Giannis Antetokounmpo - 6 (gonzaldo, Phoenix, Manny98, AussieSteve, Thenameless, SouBeachTalents)
    Isiah Thomas - 5 (Nike D'Antoni, Chick Stern, Round Mound, BigShotBob, Gudo)

The last several threads we waited for at least ten votes to crown a winner so I'll give it a few more hours. Giannis has terrible longevity but he does have 3 seasons at an all-time level so he's already leapfrogged someone like Bill Walton. I might change my vote to Giannis to expedite this but it still feels weird with longevity that bad. He isn't top 25 yet...

Banned

Man, why not just say voting for Pippen is illegal and give the spot to Giannis so everyone can move on?

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Alright our three finalists are:

Scottie Pippen - 8 (Ryoka Narusawa, 8Ball, ELITEpower23, Lbj, TheCorporation, OOO, SaintzFury13, aceman)
    Giannis Antetokounmpo - 6 (gonzaldo, Phoenix, Manny98, AussieSteve, Thenameless, SouBeachTalents)
    Isiah Thomas - 5 (Nike D'Antoni, Chick Stern, Round Mound, BigShotBob, Gudo)

The last several threads we waited for at least ten votes to crown a winner so I'll give it a few more hours. Giannis has terrible longevity but he does have 3 seasons at an all-time level so he's already leapfrogged someone like Bill Walton. I might change my vote to Giannis to expedite this but it still feels weird with longevity that bad. He isn't top 25 yet...
    It's kind of a quality vs quantity argument. Remove the chip since that's a point of contention for some, he still has 2 MVPs, a DPOY and like 5 seasons of early/mid 90's David Robinson numbers( less blocks but more assists). He's going into his 9th season so it's not like he's a new kid on the block either despite still being young.

Isiah Thomas.