Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Top 50 All-Time List - Shot Clock Era = #25

Giannis

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Alright our three finalists are:

Scottie Pippen - 8 (Ryoka Narusawa, 8Ball, ELITEpower23, Lbj, TheCorporation, OOO, SaintzFury13, aceman)
    Giannis Antetokounmpo - 6 (gonzaldo, Phoenix, Manny98, AussieSteve, Thenameless, SouBeachTalents)
    Isiah Thomas - 5 (Nike D'Antoni, Chick Stern, Round Mound, BigShotBob, Gudo)

The last several threads we waited for at least ten votes to crown a winner so I'll give it a few more hours. Giannis has terrible longevity but he does have 3 seasons at an all-time level so he's already leapfrogged someone like Bill Walton. I might change my vote to Giannis to expedite this but it still feels weird with longevity that bad. He isn't top 25 yet...
    What???? If you ruin this and do that then change my vote to Pippen to expedite this.

This thread has gone on way too long. I don't believe Pip warrants 25th in 2021, but it is what it is with the voting and we need to keep this moving.

Alright our three finalists are:

Scottie Pippen - 8 (Ryoka Narusawa, 8Ball, ELITEpower23, Lbj, TheCorporation, OOO, SaintzFury13, aceman)
    Giannis Antetokounmpo - 6 (gonzaldo, Phoenix, Manny98, AussieSteve, Thenameless, SouBeachTalents)
    Isiah Thomas - 5 (Nike D'Antoni, Chick Stern, Round Mound, BigShotBob, Gudo)

The last several threads we waited for at least ten votes to crown a winner so I'll give it a few more hours. Giannis has terrible longevity but he does have 3 seasons at an all-time level so he's already leapfrogged someone like Bill Walton. I might change my vote to Giannis to expedite this but it still feels weird with longevity that bad. He isn't top 25 yet...
    Changing your own vote to meet an arbitrary measure damages your credibility.

Two MVPs, a DPOY, a Finals MVP, one of the GOAT Finals, and one of the GOAT peaks already (breaking the PER record in 2019-20, for starters); all that should outweigh his relatively inextensive longevity, the latter of which is the only conceivable countercase at this point. Otherwise, you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who was a better or greater player as the clear-cut leader from #25 and onwards.

Made that high school varsity squad

Isiah Thomas

Good High School Starter

Isiah Thomas

^ This fakkit

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    ^ This fakkit
    Nike D’Antoni shouldn’t get any votes counted for trying to pull that.

NBA rookie of the year

Helping hand for you dankok8

Giannis Antetokounmpo - 8 (gonzaldo, Phoenix, Manny98, AussieSteve, Thenameless, SouBeachTalents, Naero, Jlip)
    Isiah Thomas - 8 (Nike D'Antoni, Chick Stern, Round Mound, BigShotBob, Gudo, 329 services, coined,L.Kizzle)

It's a three-way race. I say we do a poll, and vote to eliminate one of the three. Then vote between the two left for #25.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Nike D’Antoni shouldn’t get any votes counted for trying to pull that.
    Let's do this. vote to eliminate one of the three. Then vote between the two left for #25.
    And Without my votes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Giannis Antetokounmpo - 8 (gonzaldo, Phoenix, Manny98, AussieSteve, Thenameless, SouBeachTalents, Naero, Jlip)
    Isiah Thomas - 5 (, Chick Stern, Round Mound, BigShotBob, Gudo, ,L.Kizzle)

Real voting results.

Nike D'Antoni has been banned from voting in this project for using his alts.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Changing your own vote to meet an arbitrary measure damages your credibility.
    I didn't change my own vote LMAO. I don't want to vote for either Giannis or Pippen actually.

Anyways the current tally is Pippen 8 Giannis 8 and Isiah 8 if we use all the votes that were cast. How do we know if people use alts? I mean they obviously do but where do we draw the line? If several people tell me not to count a particular vote I won't.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I would go with Hondo and probably IT next. Rick Barry has to be coming into the conversation soon.

I didn't change my own vote LMAO. I don't want to vote for either Giannis or Pippen actually.

Anyways the current tally is Pippen 8 Giannis 8 and Isiah 8 if we use all the votes that were cast. How do we know if people use alts? I mean they obviously do but where do we draw the line? If several people tell me not to count a particular vote I won't.
    Nike D’Antoni coined and 329 services are all the same person. Check their threads and it’s blatantly obvious.