Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Police will no longer ticket black drivers for minor offences in Philadelphia

https://us.yahoo.com/news/philadelph...022151987.html

apparently too many black people are getting traffic tickets so they will stop giving them out to make the outcome more equal

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Police will no longer ticket black drivers for minor offences in Philadelphia

This is why White people (where the money is) move out of cities and why these cities turn into ghettos.

Banned

Default Re: Police will no longer ticket black drivers for minor offences in Philadelphia

The soft bigotry of low expectations

Philly in 20 years

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

This will only lead to more division in society which is what they want

There's equality and then there's this which is one race getting treated better than others

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Hick View Post
    The soft bigotry of low expectations

Philly in 20 years

Blocking the flow of traffic is not a minor offense you idiot. A minor offense is getting pulled over because youre not wearing a seat belt.

And manny you stupid fk, one race has always been treated better…that’s the problem you dumb fk

Krazy drivers will always be krazy af, no matter their ethnicity.

So I don't know if OP didn't read the article or if he did read the article and is being purposefully inflammatory... but OP is a f.aggot either way.

In any event, for those of you that read the article, it actually might not even be a bad idea. I guess we'll see how it plays out... but for those of you interested, basically, for shit like expired registration, broken tail light, etc... police will no longer pull you over. You are still getting a ticket... but it will come in the mail instead. Which might potentially mean that people end up getting more tickets overall because no warnings will be issued as you erase the human interaction/emotion out of it. Or it might mean that you end up getting less because cops don't want to do the paperwork. But that would mean less revenue for the city, so we can't have that. Haha, this could go a number of different ways.

One of the potential downsides, in my opinion, would be on what exactly the laws are surrounding unpaid traffic/motor vehicle violations, however, this shit might actually end up with more black people getting arrested in the long run. An example that comes to mind is... let's say for whatever reason you moved and you didn't update your registration... they send you a ticket... your mail doesn't get forwarded... you never pay the ticket... does a warrant get put out for your arrest at some point?

Further question... how many crimes are currently stopped by people being pulled over for minor traffic offenses?

There's a ton of nuance here... but on the paper surface level, it might actually be a win because you're reducing the chance for a negative emotional exchange between citizens and officers.

In any event, it's an interesting story, interesting idea, and I would really like to know the outcome of these policies after a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    So I don't know if OP didn't read the article or if he did read the article and is being purposefully inflammatory... but OP is a f.aggot either way.

In any event, for those of you that read the article, it actually might not even be a bad idea. I guess we'll see how it plays out... but for those of you interested, basically, for shit like expired registration, broken tail light, etc... police will no longer pull you over. You are still getting a ticket... but it will come in the mail instead. Which might potentially mean that people end up getting more tickets overall because no warnings will be issued as you erase the human interaction/emotion out of it. Or it might mean that you end up getting less because cops don't want to do the paperwork. But that would mean less revenue for the city, so we can't have that. Haha, this could go a number of different ways.

One of the potential downsides, in my opinion, would be on what exactly the laws are surrounding unpaid traffic/motor vehicle violations, however, this shit might actually end up with more black people getting arrested in the long run. An example that comes to mind is... let's say for whatever reason you moved and you didn't update your registration... they send you a ticket... your mail doesn't get forwarded... you never pay the ticket... does a warrant get put out for your arrest at some point?

Further question... how many crimes are currently stopped by people being pulled over for minor traffic offenses?

There's a ton of nuance here... but on the paper surface level, it might actually be a win because you're reducing the chance for a negative emotional exchange between citizens and officers.

In any event, it's an interesting story, interesting idea, and I would really like to know the outcome of these policies after a couple of years.
    The kind of people that drive with broken tail lights and expired registrations strike me as the same type of people who won't pay those tickets. Hell, there's even no way of knowing if the ticket is going to the right address.

What this is basically saying is that we know Blacks can't get their shit straight in this city, so we're just going to give them a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    The kind of people that drive with broken tail lights and expired registrations strike me as the same type of people who won't pay those tickets. Hell, there's even no way of knowing if the ticket is going to the right address.

What this is basically saying is that we know Blacks can't get their shit straight in this city, so we're just going to give them a pass.
    But... they aren't getting a pass... at least not in theory/by the law. Maybe by practice due to apathetic paperwork avoiding policing, that's possible... but... what part of getting a ticket by mail don't you understand?

3-time NBA All-Star

This is why White people (where the money is) move out of cities and why these cities turn into ghettos.
    Right that's why there's ghettos. It has nothing to so with enslaving blacks for centuries. Rapping them, murdering them and assaulting them daily. Not allowing them to educate themselves or build any self confidence whatsoever. Great take bud

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Right that's why there's ghettos. It has nothing to so with enslaving blacks for centuries. Rapping them, murdering them and assaulting them daily. Not allowing them to educate themselves or build any self confidence whatsoever. Great take bud
    Dont do it to him, bro

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    But... they aren't getting a pass... at least not in theory/by the law. Maybe by practice due to apathetic paperwork avoiding policing, that's possible... but... what part of getting a ticket by mail don't you understand?
    In my opinion you only complicate things further by expecting that people are going to pay a ticket if mailed to them. There is something to being pulled over by police and telling yourself that you don't want that to happen again, so you should address the issues with your automobile right away. And let's say the usual suspects are people who don't update their license or registration so this ticket goes to an old address. Hence, it never gets paid. Then, by law, you suspend this person's license and now this person has to have a confrontation with police for they are driving on a suspended license. So what did you accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Are you blaming slavery for why there are ghettos today? Is that the take you're going with? Then how come there are successful Blacks and poor Blacks just as there are successful Whites and poor Whites?

Blacks are raped, assaulted, and murdered daily? By who? Where are the bodies? Show me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

throwing beer cans full at Simmons isn't an offense ??

3-time NBA All-Star

Are you blaming slavery for why there are ghettos today? Is that the take you're going with? Then how come there are successful Blacks and poor Blacks just as there are successful Whites and poor Whites?

Blacks are raped, assaulted, and murdered daily? By who? Where are the bodies? Show me.
    I'm partially blaming slavery yes. It's not as simple as we're not slaves anymore so there's no excuse. The damage slavery did lasts generations. I know white dudes with your tucker carson state of mind have a hard time understanding so let me give you an analogy to help.

Take 2 women. One has been afforded all the opportunities there is like education, healthy social interactions, work and just the general comfort and confidence of being able to walk down the street without having to be killed, beat, raped or verbally attacked. This woman has all the tools and confidence ro be successful in life. The other woman can't educate themselves, work, have a normal social life and gets beat, raped and verbally abused on a daily basis. She has no tools or confidence to be successful in life. Now lets say both of these woman have kids. Which one of these kids do you think has a much better chance at success in life? The one who has the parent with the tools necessary to raise confident and intelligent kids or the one that dosn't? It becomes a cycle. uneducated low confident people generally raise uneducated low confident children. It's the whole nature vs nature that we learned in grade school which apparently you slept through. Sure the few strong individuals nature will be great enough to overcome its environment(nurture) but not every child is born with the same drive.

So to answer your question on why some Blacks are rich or successful it's because often they're the ones that had strong natures. See the strong ones are always gonna make it. It's the less strong where environment really matters. A kid who is average or even less than average can still thrive in a nourishing environment. We see it all the time. These same kids in harsh environments don't stand a chance.

That all said i don't advocate blaming the past for blacks peoples situations. I think the best way foward is just focusing on how to better you and your families situation. Wasting time complaining about the past imo is wasted energy and pointless. That dosn't mean we still shouldn't acknowledge the lasting effects that slavery and oppression has on blacks still to this day.