Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Why were Jordan/Kobe so dependent on Phil Jackson and no top 3 SRS teams?

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    The triangle offense was always something good to fall back on when you have a chucker like yourself.

Also it wasn't just the triangle, it was Phil's presence. He's papa, he's your daddy. You literally died like 5 years later without him in your life. There's something about Phil's presence that just comforts you. Notice Lakers were still a top 3 SRS team in 2011 with phil, you fell off the face of the earth in the 2012/2013/2005 seasons without Phil.

I don't know what it is, his yoga shit his weed or just his voice. Something about him oozes your confidence and swagger. You're a gutless worm without him. I think you can say the same thing about Pau Gasol with and without Phil Jackson as well. Phil is just the ultimate people's person and the ultimate leader. He's the goat coach. Shaq also had 0 finals wins or anything that memorable in the 1990s without Phil.
    Beating Jordan is pretty memorable

Default Re: Why were Jordan/Kobe so dependent on Phil Jackson and no top 3 SRS teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_Bryant View Post
    Phil didn't really do much. he just implemented tex winters offense. and the triangle inhibited me and Mike more than it helped individually. all it did was help the guys around us. because when you don't have a superteam with 3 #1 options you need a system that benefits guys that can't create their own shot. when you have guys like wade, bosh, Allen, kyrie, love, Davis, Westbrook etc.. you can go without a structured offense.

I broke the triangle and went 1 on 5 most times when I was attacking.

and maybe if the league didn't veto Chris paul I win a few titles without Phil. but we got a broken old nash instead so I had to rip my Achilles filling in for him all year at point
    The triangle offense was always something good to fall back on when you have a chucker like yourself.

Also it wasn't just the triangle, it was Phil's presence. He's papa, he's your daddy. You literally died like 5 years later without him in your life. There's something about Phil's presence that just comforts you. Notice Lakers were still a top 3 SRS team in 2011 with phil, you fell off the face of the earth in the 2012/2013/2005 seasons without Phil.

I don't know what it is, his yoga shit his weed or just his voice. Something about him oozes your confidence and swagger. You're a gutless worm without him. I think you can say the same thing about Pau Gasol with and without Phil Jackson as well. Phil is just the ultimate people's person and the ultimate leader. He's the goat coach. Shaq also had 0 finals wins or anything that memorable in the 1990s without Phil.

Banned

The things Kobe accomplished without papa Phil holding his hand:

- chucking up airballs in the playoffs against Utah in the 1990s

-raping a girl at some hotel

- missing playoffs in 2005

- not being elite reg season team in 2012 or 2013

-tearing his achiles in 2013

- being an irrelevant piece of shit from 2014-16 even though Durant easily returned from the same injury

- being so irresponsible he drove a helicopter in weather that wasn't fit for driving and ended up killing himself, his daughter and 5+ other people

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Beating Jordan is pretty memorable
    That was like beating bubble kawhi. It was nice but obviously not the same guy we know.

Banned

4:15 me beating the hell out of Kenneth in this thread and breaking his nose

Kblaze "kenneth's face is a mess"

Teach you to disrespect kawhi

Banned

4:15 me beating the hell out of Kenneth in this thread and breaking his nose

Kblaze "kenneth's face is a mess"

Teach you to disrespect kawhi
    you do realize that the spurs basically ran a triangle style offense right. you know kawhi played for them

Op says raptors are trash, even though they're not the one who blew a 3-1 lead in the semifinals.

How come Kawhi never averaged 19+ against a healthy Finals team? Crazy.

The things Kobe accomplished without papa Phil holding his hand:

- chucking up airballs in the playoffs against Utah in the 1990s

-raping a girl at some hotel

- missing playoffs in 2005

- not being elite reg season team in 2012 or 2013

-tearing his achiles in 2013

- being an irrelevant piece of shit from 2014-16 even though Durant easily returned from the same injury

- being so irresponsible he drove a helicopter in weather that wasn't fit for driving and ended up killing himself, his daughter and 5+ other people
    Wait. Forget my last post.

Local High School Star 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Started as one topic, ended being another leonard shrine in disguise

MJ had terrible supporting casts in years Phil wasn't coaching him. Kobe was already in decline when Phil left and had just one healthy prime season without Phil which was 2011-2012. Terrible thread again by the OP...