Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2532333435
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020-21 regular season

Individually, it probably goes down as the single biggest shot in the history of the franchise. It’s the shot that got the Jazz over the playoff hump, the shot that allowed that era of the Jazz to prove they were more than postseason flameouts. “His statue is up there (outside of Vivint Arena) for a reason,” said Thurl Bailey, who played with Stockton and is now an announcer with the Jazz. “You can’t even think about the history of the Utah Jazz without including John Stockton. He was the head of the snake. He was the brains of the operation on the court. It will be hard to see that kind of longevity on the court again from the point guard position.”
    – via Tony Jones @ The Athletic

Default Re: 2021-22 regular season Utah Jazz news, notes and game coverage

https://www.slcdunk.com/the-downbeat...itchell-snyder

At this moment, I think there are a couple little things that could help. One possible way to bring life to this team is giving Eric Paschall more playing time. Don’t get me wrong, Paschall has flaws and isn’t the answer to all of Utah’s problems. But Paschall brings energy, something the Jazz are lacking. He brings excitement to hustling on defense and doing the little things. Another idea is getting Joe Ingles heavily involved in the next few games with Donovan Mitchell out. Give Ingles more shots, more pick and rolls, and more opportunities to get into his groove again. Last season, Ingles played incredible. Can the Jazz find some more of that magic again?
    He should play over Clarkson and Forrest but COTY

But finally, I think the Jazz have to see what’s available in the trade market. There are a handful of reasonable targets that could help this team. Marcus Smart, Kenrich Williams, Josh Richardson and Justin Holliday are some of my favorite players that are within Utah’s price range. They aren’t game changing, but they all bring solid perimeter defense and effort.
    they'd get better if they dump Clarkson and the coach. Don't need to get anything back for Clarkson and they get better

How about we just try Elijah for a couple of games? Like he only went 9/15 and 7/12 in his only start. Like duh what else do you have to do to get minutes?

he sucks. Had one good game. One big game in the Gleague where he should dominate like Niang and Brantlry did

Millsap is...old.
    If he could give them 20 minutes or so of what he did last year they are much improved

https://twitter.com/BaraccoJuan20/st...00368625426433

If they could do it from Clarkson, HUghes, Whiteside I'd say yes

https://www.slcdunk.com/the-downbeat...dings-playoffs

So, with all things considered, where do the Jazz go from here? There have been reports of the Jazz wanting to be very active as the trade line approaches, having a “defensive-minded wing” at the top of their priority list. You watch the Jazz one game and you can see their most glaring weakness, which is perimeter defense. With Rudy Gobert missing a few games over this bad stretch, the Jazz defense was completely exposed. It’s pretty clear that the Jazz need to improve on the perimeter or they will struggle with the exact same things that knocked them out of the playoffs last season. But what’s the play? The Jazz lack the assets to really make a meaningful move, unless they are willing to get crazy, which most believe they are not.
    need to get rid of Clarkson, get a starting 4 that can cover the rim some when Rudy is pulled away. Move O'Neale to the wing and Bojan to the bench

I agree. I hate the fact that Gobert still looks like a drunk baby giraffe when he has to make a post move, but everything else about him is elite. Including his effort and drive.

I see everybody else being available.

someone gets it

https://www.slcdunk.com/2022/1/21/22...novan-mitchell

The Utah Jazz take on the Detroit Pistons in a Friday night matchup. The Jazz come into this game with star big man listed Rudy Gobert as questionable. With that being said, what the Jazz need is a win, not excuses. Anything less than a win tonight might start a revolt amongst fans and start to cause real tension and pressure on team chemistry.
    good luck

The Utah Jazz take on the Detroit Pistons in a Friday night matchup. The Jazz come into this game with star big man listed Rudy Gobert as questionable. With that being said, what the Jazz need is a win, not excuses. Anything less than a win tonight might start a revolt amongst fans and start to cause real tension and pressure on team chemistry.

In all likelihood, this would have to happen in a three-team trade. Alternatively, the Jazz could try to attach one of Jared Butler, Udoka Azubuike or Elijah Hughes to one of their veteran’s contracts. Portland could be enticed to acquire a young player to include in a potential offseason trade package.
    Hughes, Clarkson and Whiteside!

https://www.ksl.com/article/50333285...eal-the-answer

"We know what a season holds. We know there's gonna be a down part of the season," Clarkson said. "There's 82 games — if you think we are gonna play at the highest level every single night and not have a slow stretch where we lose games or anything like that, I think it's unrealistic."
    I certainly don't expect it from you