Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2021-22 regular season Utah Jazz news, notes and game coverage

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...arquese-Chriss

Cauley Stein might be worth checking out if you want to replace the head case you have now for another

Joe Mussatto: Derrick Favors on trade talk: “I think every year I’ve been in the league, my name’s been in trade rumors … I’m pretty much used to it. I don’t really pay attention to it. I try to control what I can control. I try to, like coach says, keep my feet grounded where I’m at.”
    – via Twitter joe_mussatto

Default Re: 2020-21 regular season

doubt he plays ahead of Gay but maybe with Jokic?

Keith Smith: NBA 10-Day hardship contracts that expired today: Jeff Dowtin – Milwaukee Bucks Langston Galloway – Milwaukee Bucks Norvel Pelle – Utah Jazz D.J. Wilson – Toronto Raptors
    – via Twitter KeithSmithNBA

The last couple of days has been full of petty sniping back and forth in press conferences: first, Gobert noted how the Jazz didn’t have the winning habits of the teams above them in the Western Conference, the Warriors and the Suns. Then, he noted how impressed he was with Devin Booker’s defense with the Suns over the last couple of years. If you don’t think that’s a shot at Mitchell’s defense, well, I have a bridge to sell you, you poor gullible sweetheart. But Mitchell (and Clarkson), who liked Gobert’s tweet, didn’t exactly come off any better. When they were asked about Gobert’s comments, they gave fairly passive-aggressive comments themselves. And honestly, the quotes from those two, while not benign in verbiage, undersold the annoyance that was apparent in their voices. Oh, and of course, there’s the fact that Gobert, at heart, was basically right about their defense — one way to get Gobert to stop being honest about the team’s bad defense is to just play better defense.

– via Salt Lake Tribune

Eric Walden: Donovan noted that having 3 days off from games, and having the time to be able to sit down and watch film together, plus get in a few practices helped iron out a lot of the communication issues.
    – via Twitter tribjazz

yeah film and practice ironed everything out. Had nothing to do with your best player being back on the floor!

“That’s the team that we know we can be,” Gobert said. “It’s exciting to see that we have another gear that we can tap into. But this is what we are going to have to bring every single night. “It was important for us to come out tonight and play the right way. It’s a long season, and we know that everything is not always going to be perfect. We know that we are going to have some tough stretches. But if we can keep getting better, we feel like we are going to be in great shape come playoff time. It’s exciting to see what we are capable of doing. So we need to keep building great habits.”

– via Tony Jones @ The Athletic

https://www.ksl.com/article/50329546...-sorely-needed

"You go on the court and you do it in practice, so you're getting those reps and those familiarity," Mitchell said. "It's one thing to just show it on film and go out and try to do it, especially in a tough stretch where you have COVID. We don't have our bigs, we don't travel to Toronto, like there's so many ins and outs throughout the four-game streak.
    a lot of excuses for the best player in Jazz history

https://www.ksl.com/article/50329515...-over-nuggets-

Up to that point, the game had followed a script: The Jazz won the minutes Gobert played; the Nuggets won the ones with Jokic. So the Jazz simply couldn't afford to let Gobert sit while Jokic was on the court.
    same old story

https://www.deseret.com/2022/1/17/22...gets-utah-jazz

DENVER — Yes, Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell are players that deserve a lot of attention on a scouting report. Players like Mike Conley and Jordan Clarkson also demand detailed planning. But Denver Nuggets coach Michael Malone is quick to point out that there is another Utah Jazz player that has had the Nuggets’ number.
    let Clarkson shoot. Pretty easy to plan for that

https://www.deseret.com/2022/1/16/22...-triple-double

Jokic is a really smart player in a lot of ways. He is one of the best passers in the game (not just one of the best passing bigs) and there are a million reasons why he is the reigning NBA MVP. But, one of the really small things that Jokic does well is something that is so fundamental in basketball that it’s drilled into young players as they are learning the game. If you catch the ball high in the paint, don’t come down with it. Anyone who has played organized basketball surely has heard coaches yell this time and time again. It’s no different in the NBA and yet some players just let go of some of those elementary lessons. Jokic is a master at catching the ball high in a deep post position and turning to immediately release for a shot. It gives him a great chance at a finish and also is a good way to draw a foul. I just appreciate basketball fundamentals.
    players lack fundamentals now. There were at least two blocks in this game because Mitchell and Bojan don't shoot layups with their outside hand. That one always bugs me. We had layup lines to do that specifically. They still have layup lines before the games

Now that the Hornets have begun to emerge as a competitive team in the East with young players like LaMelo Ball and Miles Bridges, Hayward (the former Butler Bulldog) could be an expendable piece to land a needed upgrade at center. Turner would be ideal, provided he’s not seriously injured.

– via Eric Pincus @ Bleacher Report

Whiteside, Clarkson, Hughes and whatever else to get it done

https://thejnotes.com/2022/01/17/br-...tah-jazz-star/

He’s one of the best scorers in Utah Jazz history. His name may already belong alongside Adrian Dantley’s. Only Karl Malone stands distinctly above Mitchell in franchise history when it comes to putting points on the board.
    not close to Dantley or Pistol. 30 points a night and scoring titles while being the best player on their teams

Tony Jones: The Utah Jazz are planning on signing Danuel House Jr. to a 10 day contract, League Sources tell The Athletic….House was previously on a hardship 10 day that expired Saturday. The Jazz liked him enough to take a longer look at him.
    – via Twitter Tjonesonthenba

https://kslsports.com/477120/jazz-of...oss-to-lakers/

Clarkson Has First Bad Game This Month
    He sucks!

“That catch and shoot three sets up the rest of his game where he’s got a chance to make a read and get by somebody quickly,” Snyder said of Clarkson.
    too bad he can't shoot