Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020-21 regular season

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2021/...s-suns-hot/18/

If it weren’t for what the Warriors are doing, the Jazz would still be the story in the West. I still don’t think Donovan Mitchell is in mid-season form yet and he’s still been exceptionally good for the team.
    give Mitchell another month or two to show up

For a few years, Joe Johnson had been hounding Conley to try yoga. Johnson, who played for the Jazz, among other teams, would hit Conley on FaceTime. Conley would answer his phone to Johnson dripping sweat from his latest session. “You better get in on this,” Johnson would say. “You gotta do it. You gotta do it.” Conley would always reply, “Maybe next time.” Yoga was never his thing. He stretched a ton. He had an active recovery routine he would always do. But yoga was never something Conley got into.

– via Tony Jones @ The Athletic

“That’s one of the reasons I decided to give yoga a try,” Conley said. “I thought to myself, what do I have to lose? I thought that if I were healthy, then we would have been a different team. So I feel a lot of responsibility for that. And that was one of my main motivations for wanting to try yoga.”
    – via Tony Jones @ The Athletic

thanx Joe!

Default Re: 2021-22 regular season Utah Jazz news, notes and game coverage

Smith, the 43-year-old doyen of Silicon Slopes and new owner of the Utah Jazz, has a lot on his plate on this particular August afternoon — an NBA franchise to rebuild, a high-profile tech summit to plan, a $27 billion company to run. But he puts all that on hold and zeroes in when our conversation turns to an unexpected object of ire: Utah’s Office of Tourism. “I think the state’s done a horrible job of branding themselves,” he tells me, his laid-back lilt suddenly taking on a harder edge. “Horrible.”
    – via McKay Coppins @ deseret.com

To hear Smith tell it, Utah is on the verge of becoming a global hub of business, technology, sports and culture. The future he envisions for his state is audacious. More unicorn startups. Way more development. Fortune 500 companies relocating in droves, followed by millions of transplants. He sees Hollywood studios filming big-budget movies in Salt Lake City. He sees the Jazz attracting tens of millions of basketball fans across Asia and Europe.

But not everyone is on board with their vision. For all of its recent aesthetic transformation, many in Utah are still governed by a small-c conservatism. Detractors fear that if Smith and his peers get their way, the state will be overrun with fleece-vested finance bros and Silicon Valley expats. They warn of a Utah diluted of its focus on family, faith and frontier frugality, and defined increasingly by workaholism and decadent consumption.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2021/11/16/2...a-76ers-sixers

Fans keep asking how we could replace Clarkson's bench scoring. Turns out, the answer could have been Georges Niang.

Niang is averaging 12.0 ppg compared to Clarkson's 15.1, but Clarkson takes 3x as many shots.

(This is the part where somebody claims that Clarkson has to take all of those shots because there are only two seconds left on the shot clock, or some such nonsense.)

Bojan is the correct answer

Clarkson is clearly a better shooting than he has been shooting.

That said, would I love for him to take less shots, absolutely. Would I love to see 2-3 more paint shots instead of 3's sure. And increasing his assists by 1 per game would be great too.
    Maybe but he sucked shooting most of last year too

This is another team where I wish we had Gay in the lineup to see how it goes. Gay is the exact player I want guarding Harris. He has better height and size than O'neale and Paschall.
    who needs a starting 4!

https://thejnotes.com/2021/11/16/uta...player-growth/

If advanced metrics are more your speed, he’s also posting career best figures in Defensive Box Plus Minus (DBPM) at 2.3, and Defensive Rating at 105. Beyond numbers, the eye test finds O’Neale defending with more rigor than ever before. He is the best perimeter defender on the Utah Jazz.
    he already was except maybe Gobert

It’s puzzling that with O’Neale having a career season in terms of point prevention, and Rudy Gobert continuing to be Rudy Gobert, the Jazz have regressed on defense.
    It's not puzzling. Look at the rest of the cast

Eric Walden: Donovan Mitchell, asked to comment on the return tonight of former teammate Georges Niang, sarcastically sighs and replies, “THAT guy.” Then, after extolling the virtues of Georges’ attitude and work ethic, he concludes, “And now we have to go out and kick his ass.”
    – via Twitter tribjazz

no more excuses

Doug Smith: OG Anunoby banged a hip at Raptors practice and is questionable for tomorrow in Salt Lake City. Boucher (back) and Achiuwa (shoulder) also questionable and Watanabe’s closer but still out vs. Jazz
    – via Twitter SmithRaps

https://www.deseret.com/2021/11/17/2...se-quin-snyder

I found all of this information really interesting, because you’ve got two of the most respected coaches in the NBA giving a pretty simple blueprint on how to effectively slow things down and create a half-court situation.
    two of the most overrated

https://thejnotes.com/2021/11/17/uta...olition-76ers/

Utah Jazz dud: Donovan Mitchell
    ClARKSON LIKE ALMOST EVERY GAME

Eric Walden: Utah Jazz assistant Irv Roland recounts finding out the news that his friend, Julius Jones, would be spared the death penalty, and reacts to the ruling: “I’m happy that my friend isn’t going to executed today at 4 pm, but I’m also frustrated. … He should be free.” pic.twitter.com/HJVuXgymQx
    – via Twitter tribjazz

Eric Walden: Irv Roland hasn’t been able to speak to Julius Jones in the past week and a half, but is hoping to tonight, even if the call comes during the Jazz game. He’s also remaining hopeful that Jones will go free: “He’s optimistic, so I have to be optimistic. That’s where I am.” pic.twitter.com/oUwc9l9XOd
    – via Twitter tribjazz

https://www.ksl.com/article/50287102...zz-top-raptors

"That's a big thing with this team," Gay said. "I think when we do that, we're hard to beat."
    unfortunately with Mitchell and Clarkson they don't usually do that

"Mike, in my mind, the way that he played, to be that unselfish and facilitate, I don't pay a lot of attention to plus-minus because sometimes it's deceiving, but 33 jumps out,'' Snyder said.
    stupid stat