Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020-21 regular season

https://www.slcdunk.com/the-downbeat...arkson-problem

Clarkson began his tenure in Utah on fire. He had changed his shot selection, prioritizing threes over long twos and trying to get to the basket more, and it was working. Not only that, but he was hitting shots at an incredible rate. Adding together his first half-season in Utah and that great start to his second season, I was won over. I had been skeptical, but I believed he’d proven himself a changed player. I believed so strongly that he had become a genuinely efficient scorer that I wrote an article titled; Jodan Clarkson: Efficiency God.
    too bad he misses shots at an even more incredible rate. Never thought he was a good fit. He just wasn't Exum. Dante would look good now

On top of that, when Clarkson has one of his good games, the Jazz are tough to beat. He can catch fire in a way that very few players can, and it’s incredible to watch. The issue is just that those good games are few and far between. If he can find a way to regain that shooting efficiency he started last season with, he’ll instantly help the team again. But I’ve learned my lesson with sample sizes. Outside of a small hot streak at the beginning of his Jazz career, Clarkson has always been inefficient. As long as that remains the case, he will continue to be a liability for the Utah Jazz.
    someone else finally getting it. The bigger problem is COTY

I think he's the one we should look to move at the deadline. His stock is still somewhat high after winning 6moy. ( I hope) He's definitely worth more than Exum was, so we're still ahead anyway.
    yep get rid of the trash

When we had Bradley, Niang, Oneale all playing off the bench, Clarkson's skills really helped. Well now I see him out there taking bad shots early in the clock with guys like Rudy, Dm, and Conley just watching. We'd be better off with anybody else taking the shot. Hopefully we could get someone who can play good D and/or run a pick and roll. Could we send out Clarkson and maybe Ingles for one great player? We've got depth. We need a player who can make a difference in the playoffs. If we send Ingles, we really would need a backup pg though.
    yep everyone standing around watching him pound the ball and throw up bricks. Package him with Whiteside and Hughes

I was singing Clarkson's praises not too long ago for being more aggressive in rebounding and more unselfish handling the ball. It seems like he's regressed since then. Clarkson gives a real spark off the bench when he's shooting well, but when he's not, his minutes are a travesty. For all I've wanted to see progress in his overall game, it just isn't there consistently. He's a shooter first and always, and when he's not shooting well, it seriously hurts the team. I wouldn't mind seeing if we could trade him in a package that brings in a better defender.
    a shooter that can't shoot!

Yeah, I think people always remember the good that he does, because it's fun and energetic, but they don't see all the missed rotations, lazy defense, and missed passes.

I don't like his game even when he's hitting shots. Ainge has to see it at least?

Default Re: 2021-22 regular season Utah Jazz news, notes and game coverage

https://thejnotes.com/2022/01/18/uta...immons-deal/2/

the best part is no more Clarkson!!!

https://thejnotes.com/2022/01/18/uta...major-shakeup/

Do the Utah Jazz need a major shakeup?
    new coach and new 6th man for starters

Their collectively poor performance pointed to a larger issue. Both men are dynamic on-ball players, but neither is a reliable floor spacer. It makes it difficult, at times, for them to share the floor. When two of your best offensive players have difficulty sharing the floor, you may have a roster construction issue.
    Clarkson is their worst player period

It’s time that we officially eat crow. The Jazz could probably use another defensive wing.
    a starting 4

The Utah Jazz should flip Jordan Clarkson for a plus defensive wing. There’s no ambiguous way to say it. While they’ll miss Clarkson’s shot creation, leaning more heavily into Mitchell, Conley and Bogdanovic while diversifying their defense could solve the problems that led to this embarrassing defeat.
    Clarkson for no one improves the team

https://thejnotes.com/2022/01/18/uta...nough-touches/

Meanwhile, especially during the fourth quarter — in which the Utah Jazz had put up only 12 points entering the final 30 seconds — Rudy Gobert frequently had about a six-inch height advantage over his defender. Nevertheless, all he could do was watch his teammates heave one brick after another.
    someone is paying attention!

https://saltcityhoops.com/trading-jo...s-complicated/

Not that this has to be a Clarkson-or Ingles decision, either. But the Jazz clearly aren’t getting the most out of Ingles’ unique skill set right now. They could change that by shifting some possessions around, or by altering the rotation some — or yes, by making a deal that makes Joe’s P&R a staple of the offense again while also solving some other defensive needs.
    Clarkson, He sucks

Keith Smith: The 10-Day hardship contracts for the following players expired today: James Ennis III – Denver Nuggets Chris Silva – Miami Heat Denzel Valentine – Utah Jazz

– via Twitter KeithSmithNBA
    might be able to take a look at Ennis now

https://kslsports.com/477230/jazz-fl...ss-to-rockets/

That means the team either needs new roster pieces or a new gameplan, and the trade deadline is a mere three weeks away.
    you forgot new coach

Outside of his 13 point, four rebound, four assist debut with the team in Toronto, just about nothing has gone according to plan for the veteran forward.
    looked good in that one

https://www.deseret.com/2022/1/20/22...ll-rudy-gobert

Through the first 41 games of the season Bogdanovic shot 41% from 3-point range, a great metric by anyone’s standards. But, Bogdanovic, who is known as a 3-point shooter, has elevated his interior game. He’s hitting 2-point field goals at a career-best clip of 54.3% this season while also rebounding a career-high 4.2 rebounds per game.
    wow 4 boards!

O’Neale is tasked, more than any other player in the league, with guarding the opposing team’s No. 1 option, which has to be tiring considering the wide range of skills that each player he defends has on any given night. That, paired with the fact that the Jazz’s perimeter defense is often broken due to inefficiencies surrounding O’Neale, means that he is asked to do probably too much.
    yeah you forgot he's supposed to be the PF too!

What is concerning are the few instances when Whiteside looks disinterested, completely unengaged, and sometimes downright unwilling to play at the level that he shows on other nights.
    concerning? expected

F. He sucks!

If there is one end-of-bench player that has impressed this season it’s been Elijah Hughes. He rarely sees the court and gets very limited opportunities, but when he does it’s clear that he’s been putting in a lot of work.
    he sucks

https://thejnotes.com/2022/01/20/ran...trade-chips/4/

Utah Jazz Trade Chip #1: Jordan Clarkson
    he's the guy certainly

https://spacecityscoop.com/posts/hou...-gordon-part-1

Matching salaries will be the most difficult part for the two sides. Almost every trade would have to include reigning sixth man of the year, Jordan Clarkson, and his $12.4 million deal. This raises the question, is Eric Gordon a significant upgrade over Clarkson?
    no one is an upgrade over Clarkson

Marc J. Spears: G League Ignite says NBA Veteran CJ Miles has rejoined the team. Also, head coach Jason Hart and players Amauri Hardy and Scoot Henderson have entered Health & Safety Protocols. Assistant coach CJ Williams will serve as the team’s interim head coach during Hart’s absence.
    – via Twitter MarcJSpears