Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How is Alabama currently 42nd in daily Covid cases?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post

Its a herd of sheep.

Get in line, lockdown, muzzle up, and take your injections.
    I'd argue that the hardcore anti-vax / anti-mask are sheeps. Blindly listening to a YouTube trend that they thought were cool.

I was pro mask and pro vaccines before Covid19 even existed. Were you anti-vax before Covid19? Or did you start watching YouTube videos when Covid19 started and got brain washed into the cult?

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    I'd argue that the hardcore anti-vax / anti-mask are sheeps. Blindly listening to a YouTube trend that they thought were cool.

I was pro mask and pro vaccines before Covid19 even existed. Were you anti-vax before Covid19? Or did you start watching YouTube videos when Covid19 started and got brain washed into the cult?
    Here's a youtube video for you.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Maybe ask someone in Alabama?
    I actually know someone in AL who has been gathering with friends & family this entire time, but why would I need to ask him?

I specifically ask the people listed because they're huge supporters of NPIs and parrot the Official Narrative.

He's reflexively anti-media because he knows they push bullshit narratives. I respect him for that.

The problem is the opposition or people who simply question the narratives being pushed (like myself) are silenced and deplatformed so the only cross-examination you get is Alex Jones and co.

Pro mask before Covid? So you were wearing a face mask in public during flu season? Or did you start wearing it after the Government and media told you to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21 View Post
    Pro mask before Covid? So you were wearing a face mask in public during flu season? Or did you start wearing it after the Government and media told you to do so?
    Might be a surprise to you but masks were used in Asia before covid. If you have a slight cold, you're expected to wear a mask when you leave your home.

It was considered rude to be sick in public without one.

In North America, it was normal to see people on public transit with a box of tissues, sneezing and coughing away.

Not the case in other countries.

I travelled to Hong Kong a couple times a year for business and you always see a couple people with facemasks on because they had a cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    He's reflexively anti-media because he knows they push bullshit narratives. I respect him for that.

The problem is the opposition or people who simply question the narratives being pushed (like myself) are silenced and deplatformed so the only cross-examination you get is Alex Jones and co.
    I admit, the media is full of BS.. and agendas are pushed around for political reasons.

To me, face masks and vaccines just make sense against a virus and I don't even watch the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    I actually know someone in AL who has been gathering with friends & family this entire time, but why would I need to ask him?

I specifically ask the people listed because they're huge supporters of NPIs and parrot the Official Narrative.
    Reason why I said that is because I have absolutely no idea what's going on in Alabama. I can only provide insight in what's going on in my area.. and it looks like vaccines are actually working.

Reason why I said that is because I have absolutely no idea what's going on in Alabama. I can only provide insight in what's going on in my area.. and it looks like vaccines are actually working.
    The real test is coming though. The flu season is coming. The lack of generic flu from last season might affect this year as well.

Might be a surprise to you but masks were used in Asia before covid. If you have a slight cold, you're expected to wear a mask when you leave your home.

In North America, it was normal to see people on public transit with a box of tissues, sneezing and coughing away.

I travelled to Hong Kong a couple times a year for business and you always see a couple people with facemasks on because they had a cold.
    In that culture, it would be considered "rude" to be sick and go out without a mask, but I'm not aware of any actual evidence of it reducing the spread of respiratory viruses (such as influenza and coronaviruses) in those places (just like here in the US where cumulatively there are no known infections prevented by the ~100 billion masks worn so far).

I admit, the media is full of BS.. and agendas are pushed around for political reasons.

To me, face masks and vaccines just make sense against a virus and I don't even watch the news.
    Early on, I thought face masks would potentially help as well. Luckily MaxFly (and even bladefd) pointed out how useless they would be against this virus. Just look at the actual evidence (cumulatively, no known infections prevented by masks in the US so far) as well as the science behind a cloth or surgical mask protecting against an incredibly widespread and highly contagious endemic coronavirus spread by aerosols.

People severely overestimate their knowledge in disease transmission, the immune system, and how humans interact. For example, we've probably had 100 BILLION household visits (highest risk of transmission) in the US over the past 18 months. Even if masks "worked" here in the US, do people always wear masks when sleeping? At a friend's house eating dinner? Where have those visits been taken into account in any of these models? Think about it.

Vaccination... putting the issue of medical freedom aside, it can make sense in the right situations, but I don't think compulsory Covid vaccination makes sense (see chart below). Also, if you look at the RCTs, they only tested for symptomatic Covid-19 over a short time period. That's it. They didn't test for reducing hospitalization & death. I know I've said this a few times now, but people are vastly overestimating the effectiveness of the vaccines to reduce their chances of hospitalization and death, while ignoring the other risks of hospitalization & death.

Except you literally made a thread to provide insight on what was going on in Taiwan only a few months ago:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post14384735

My followup post for you is still waiting for your response. I think you were having a troubled time understanding that the definition of freedom should not include being locked down for months and months by a powerful gov't for the illusion of controlling an endemic coronavirus with a median age of death above average life expectancy. But please, feel free to respond to the points I made there.

Btw, UK Covid infection rates among the fully vaccinated are now higher than those of the unvaccinated in all age cohorts ≥30:

(Yes, these numbers are adjusted for population between the vaxxed/unvaxxed)

Im not talking about Hong Kong or any other countries. I'm asking you specifically. You said you were pro mask and that anti mask people are sheep right so did you bother to put on a mask during flu previous flu seasons when there was no Government mandates?

Sweet Home Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21 View Post
    Im not talking about Hong Kong or any other countries. I'm asking you specifically. You said you were pro mask and that anti mask people are sheep right so did you bother to put on a mask during flu previous flu seasons when there was no Government mandates?
    When I was sick and actually had to go out yes, I did put on a mask, but only in asian restaurants and groceries.

I wouldn't want to get judgemental looks in other places.

When I was sick and actually had to go out yes, I did put on a mask, but only in asian restaurants and groceries.

I wouldn't want to get judgemental looks in other places.
    So you went to asian restaurants knowing that you're sick but made sure to put on a face mask while you eat? Seems legit. Also the fact that you weren't bothered to put on a mask anywhere else because of the judgmental looks is quite telling.

Definition of herd mentality
    : the tendency of the people in a group to think and behave in ways that conform with others in the group rather than as individuals.
    You believe that masks save lives and can reduce transmission yet you wouldn't wear it unless everybody else did it or the Government mandated you to do so.

I do appreciate your honesty though

3-time NBA All-Star

You were pro mask? Where did you live china?