Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Henry Ruggs charged with DUI and killing someone in an accident

Right when he was starting to shine as a WR too. This is what happens when u move a team to Vegas.

Default Re: Henry Ruggs charged with DUI and killing someone in an accident

his best friend died in a car accident at age 17.

this is a very tragic story... just gut wrenching.

Hes been officially released. Really sucks all around.

Very talented receiver, but it might be over. Unless if he decides to try again in a few years after whatever the ruling is here - perhaps some jail-time. Some organization might decide to give him a chance down the road.

Apparently, the guy was driving at 150mph (road speed limit was 45mph), and his blood alcohol level was twice the limit. This is per prosecution so it will go through the trial stage before we know more. If that's true, the dumbass is definitely done.

https://twitter.com/hectormejianews/...27546512433152

https://twitter.com/hectormejianews/...27953515188227
    Last edited by bladefd; 11-03-2021 at 08:53 PM.

We've seen some sad stories over the years...

Javon Belcher, Steve McNair, Chris Henry, Sean Taylor, Junior Seau

^ all those people are dead, and yet, I feel like Ruggs is in that same category even though he's still alive.

Can he overcome this? maybe so, but the pain & sadness he'll have to endure over the years might make death seem like the better option.

Even if he one day does have some resemblance of a normal life... he's going to have major PTSD forever... this isn't the type of thing that you can move on from regardless if you are behind bars or not. He went from Hero to Villain in the blink of an eye... he should be on suicide watch.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Apparently, the guy was driving at 150mph (road speed limit was 45mph), and his blood alcohol level was twice the limit. This is per prosecution so it will go through the trial stage before we know more. If that's true, the dumbass is definitely done.

https://twitter.com/hectormejianews/...27546512433152

https://twitter.com/hectormejianews/...27953515188227
    Driving 156 MPH in a 45 and killing somebody would get you 10-20 years without even being under the influence. That's absolutely insane.

156 mph? WTF, he deserves the max. I don't care about "young and dumb." I don't care how good of a person he is.

Just a hour before, he was texting Derek Carr asking for advice on golf putts

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Very talented receiver, but it might be over. Unless if he decides to try again in a few years after whatever the ruling is here - perhaps some jail-time. Some organization might decide to give him a chance down the road.
    I wonder which Raider will be back in the league first - Henry Ruggs (killed a woman) or John Gruden (wrote some crude emails 10 years ago)

As sad as this story is, ultimately I think it's going to save lives. Ruggs will serve society as a cautionary tale.

I'm already making a promise to myself to never go above the speed limit again.

Drive safe people,... and drive slow.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/04/henry...g-raiders-nfl/

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post

As sad as this story is, ultimately I think it's going to save lives. Ruggs will serve society as a cautionary tale.

I'm already making a promise to myself to never go above the speed limit again.

Drive safe people,... and drive slow.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/04/henry...g-raiders-nfl/
    the speed limit isnt intended for you dooms, its just supposed to guide the sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    the speed limit isnt intended for you dooms, its just supposed to guide the sheeple

All I'm saying is I have no right to place any judgement on Henry Ruggs. Most people have the right to judge him for this mistake, I unfortunately do not have the right (I wish I did though).

sometimes it doesn't matter how smart you are, how physically gifted you are, or how much talent and money you have... people do dumb $hit, and every now and then, that dumb $hit crosses the line (especially when you are young). I'm guilty of letting some of my past mistakes cross the line... and luckily, all glory to God, I've been able to overcome.

I got a DWI once when I was in my 20s... I could've been in a situation worse than Ruggs... which I guess is why I've been so drawn to this story all week... I'm witnessing something that could've happened to me, and it's just sad to see all the comments from people wanting him to rot in jail. My vehicle didn't crash and kill somebody, Ruggs's vehicle did... I'm no better than him. Could've been me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    All I'm saying is I have no right to place any judgement on Henry Ruggs. Most people have the right to judge him for this mistake, I unfortunately do not have the right (I wish I did though).

sometimes it doesn't matter how smart you are, how physically gifted you are, or how much talent and money you have... people do dumb $hit, and every now and then, that dumb $hit crosses the line (especially when you are young). I'm guilty of letting some of my past mistakes cross the line... and luckily, all glory to God, I've been able to overcome.

I got a DWI once when I was in my 20s... I could've been in a situation worse than Ruggs... which I guess is why I've been so drawn to this story all week... I'm witnessing something that could've happened to me, and it's just sad to see all the comments from people wanting him to rot in jail. My vehicle didn't crash and kill somebody, Ruggs's vehicle did... I'm no better than him. Could've been me.

Your past mistakes are one of the main reasons you developed into such an intelligent and loveable poster in the first place (imho). You can and should judge anyone and everyone, including Mr Ruggs... he made a terrible choice and he deserves to have his career destroyed for it.

You are def a better man than Ruggs. Unlike Ruggs you never killed anyone, and you're actually likeable...

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Your past mistakes are one of the main reasons you developed into such an intelligent and loveable poster in the first place (imho). You can and should judge anyone and everyone, including Mr Ruggs... he made a terrible choice and he deserves to have his career destroyed for it.

You are def a better man than Ruggs. Unlike Ruggs you never killed anyone, and you're actually likeable...

Well thank you Nanners... I appreciate that.

Thank You...

But, Ruggs seemed like a likeable guy too... however the comments towards this man make it seem like he was piece of $hit, and that just wasn't the case. He had good character, but was just being foolish, I've been guilty of that.

Everything about this story is just an overall Shame... but like I said, it should serve as a cautionary tale for the greater good.