Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why should i take a vaccine for something that's dangerous to someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    I never said that either but again what you wanna take is your own buisness.

And saying people who took ivermectin took horse dewormer is like saying people who drink water are drinking horse water because horses drink water also. Ivermectin was used effectively for humans for years before they made a animal grade one. It's such a weird thing to say. You just sound like a media tool when u say stuff like that because that's where u got it. Have you ever taken aspirin? Did you know that aspirin is given to cats and dogs also? That be like me laughing at you for taking dog medicine. Lots of drugs and medicines that's used for humans have an animal grade also. Don't be that guy bro. Don't just use talking points from other people without knowing what your talking about. Think for yourself.
    I mean you're the one who made this thread, after all. So don't expect all folks here to agree with you or have the same perception as yours towards this subject.

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Re: Why should i take a vaccine for something that's dangerous to someone else?

Boy.. You don't watch the news or pay attention to the science. It doesn't matter if you are young. If you go somewhere and catch it and then pass it on to someone else, they can catch it from you. In fact if you are young, it makes you more dangerous because you could be asymptomatic. What don't you understand? It is was it is. Just take the vaccine. You said you're healthy, therefore you don't need to worry about the vaccine.

The correct answer is achieving herd immunity. The real danger of covid is hospitals being overwhelmed and achieving herd immunity should prevent that. If hospitals are overwhelmed and healthcare is on the brink of collapse, as we have seen in many countries, then everyone and everything is affected.

A secondary reason is as a society, there is always this unspoken rule of protecting others, especially the weaker. Like why should there be a ridiculously slow speed limit on roads near school? After all, if you hit a kid, you're not gonna die. Why should you have to slow down? Or why do the disabled get priority parking spots.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I mean you're the one who made this thread, after all. So don't expect all folks here to agree with you or have the same perception as yours towards this subject.
    You don't have to have my perspective man i'm just telling you why i think my perspective makes more sense.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    Boy.. You don't watch the news or pay attention to the science. It doesn't matter if you are young. If you go somewhere and catch it and then pass it on to someone else, they can catch it from you. In fact if you are young, it makes you more dangerous because you could be asymptomatic. What don't you understand? It is was it is. Just take the vaccine. You said you're healthy, therefore you don't need to worry about the vaccine.
    I pay attention to the science but i don't pay much attention to the news so much. They've been wrong countless times on this and so many things before this. I don't know how you can ask me that with a straight face. You do know thAt networks like cnn, fox and nbc aren't really news anymore right? Once the aligned themselves with a side politically they stopped being the news. At least now i know where you ignorance on the matter comes from.

So your correct in that the science says i can pass it on and spread the virus but the science says the vaccinated do this just as much. This is where the disconnect is happening and it's because of the news that you so easily trust. They're still using talking points from alpha. With alpha the vaccines did reduce infection and transmission. There's no alpha left though. Delta is all of the cases and with delta transmission and infection aren't significantly reduced by the vaccines. This is what the science and fauci and cdc tells us so how does what your saying make sense?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    The correct answer is achieving herd immunity. The real danger of covid is hospitals being overwhelmed and achieving herd immunity should prevent that. If hospitals are overwhelmed and healthcare is on the brink of collapse, as we have seen in many countries, then everyone and everything is affected.

A secondary reason is as a society, there is always this unspoken rule of protecting others, especially the weaker. Like why should there be a ridiculously slow speed limit on roads near school? After all, if you hit a kid, you're not gonna die. Why should you have to slow down? Or why do the disabled get priority parking spots.
    The problem with this talking point is it dosn't address my question because hospitals aren't being overwhelmed by children or younger healthy adults and they're not being overwhelmed by people with natural immunity. It's the old and unhealthy who are the ones overwhelming the hospitals. They're the ones that need the vaccines. That be like blaming younger people or healthy people for all the old and unhealthy people who overwhelm the hospitals because of their heart disease or type 2 diabetes. How doest this make sense?

The problem with this talking point is it dosn't address my question because hospitals aren't being overwhelmed by children or younger healthy adults and they're not being overwhelmed by people with natural immunity. It's the old and unhealthy who are the ones overwhelming the hospitals. They're the ones that need the vaccines. That be like blaming younger people or healthy people for all the old and unhealthy people who overwhelm the hospitals because of their heart disease or type 2 diabetes. How doest this make sense?
    Well in many countries younger people contribute significantly in overwhelming hospitals too so your assumption is not correct.

Also, everyone can contribute in spreading the virus. Especially younger people since they're more active.

3-time NBA All-Star

Well in many countries younger people contribute significantly in overwhelming hospitals too so your assumption is not correct.

Also, everyone can contribute in spreading the virus. Especially younger people since they're more active.
    Well in those countries that's impoverished with alot of unhealthy kids they should get the vaccine. I'm talking about the us where younger people aren't overwhelming the hospitals. That's not a good argument man. That's like saying children here should take the vaccine for malaria because alot if kids in poor countries are being hospitalized from it.

And i agree everyone can spread it but that's my point. If both the vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread it why should only the unvaccinated be the ones restricted from doing anything? Either still restrict everyone ro minimize the spread or don't restrict anyone and except that a small percentage of the remaining unvaccinated are going to het sick and die. We accept these kinds of low risks all the time btw.

NBA All-star

So your correct in that the science says i can pass it on and spread the virus but the science says the vaccinated do this just as much. This is where the disconnect is happening and it's because of the news that you so easily trust. They're still using talking points from alpha. With alpha the vaccines did reduce infection and transmission. There's no alpha left though. Delta is all of the cases and with delta transmission and infection aren't significantly reduced by the vaccines. This is what the science and fauci and cdc tells us so how does what your saying make sense?
    it might be feasible to say that a vaccine reduces infection, however, if something that can stop the transmission. you call that a bug spray, not a vaccine.

a vaccine's main priority would be to prevent your body from receiving and reacting to the germ/virus, since it's been determined our immune system, can not. I'm unaware as to how, if a vaccine, put into the body, could then somehow eliminate the germ/virus from transmitting, can't be replicated in a spray. It's not as if the human body carries a much richer state of oxygen than the atmosphere.

I mean, if the whole world took allergy pills together, soon, everyone will just somehow be cleared off allergies, right.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    it might be feasible to say that a vaccine reduces infection, however, if something that can stop the transmission. you call that a bug spray, not a vaccine.

a vaccine's main priority would be to prevent your body from receiving and reacting to the germ/virus, since it's been determined our immune system, can not. I'm unaware as to how, if a vaccine, put into the body, could then somehow eliminate the germ/virus from transmitting, can't be replicated in a spray. It's not as if the human body carries a much richer state of oxygen than the atmosphere.

I mean, if the whole world took allergy pills together, soon, everyone will just somehow be cleared off allergies, right.
    From what i read about the science behind these vaccines and infection and transmission has to do with the amount of virus in the nasal fairings. Apparently with alpha the vaccinated had less which meant there was a less chance of getting infected and less chance of spreading it. With delta though the amount of virus in the fairings of a vaxxed and non vaxxed is equal.

Whether that all makes or not i have no idea. That's just what the science is saying and i'll take there word on it because i'm not a doctor.

Well in those countries that's impoverished with alot of unhealthy kids they should get the vaccine. I'm talking about the us where younger people aren't overwhelming the hospitals. That's not a good argument man. That's like saying children here should take the vaccine for malaria because alot if kids in poor countries are being hospitalized from it.

And i agree everyone can spread it but that's my point. If both the vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread it why should only the unvaccinated be the ones restricted from doing anything? Either still restrict everyone ro minimize the spread or don't restrict anyone and except that a small percentage of the remaining unvaccinated are going to het sick and die. We accept these kinds of low risks all the time btw.
    Uh no we're not talking impoverished here. Again, that assumption is incorrect.

Vaccine limits transmission and symptoms. It's not hard to understand.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Don't give a shit whether you've got a vaccine or not tbh.

But just as a conceptual exercise: by OP's logic just shoot a gun randomly into the air. It's dangerous to others not the shooter so who cares and it's not like the shooter was intending to do any harm as they were just being random and aiming for the air not people.

A bit more exaggerated then vaccinating the healthy young folks in question but similar concept of that it doesn't affect the person being negligent only potentially random people near by. What we do can sometimes affect the safety of others and probably we should attempt to do the right things in those situations. Leaving the discretion up to the individuals as a society is also a fail waiting to happen by the way. Too many people simply refuse to do the "right thing" I don't even mean like 5-10 percent or less I mean about 50 percent lol. But I understand the devils advocate to that too, I mean do we really want more instructions or laws mandating things? Most people want to resist that naturally. Even though it's funny nobody complains about stop signs or drivers licenses. But whatever, the vaccine offered me protection. I got it. My close circle got it. The rest of the world can do what they like including OP.
    Last edited by hiphopanonymous; 11-08-2021 at 11:00 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Uh no we're not talking impoverished here. Again, that assumption is incorrect.

Vaccine limits transmission and symptoms. It's not hard to understand.
    Which so called 1st world country is overwhelmed with young people?

Here's the uk stats https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ghts/hospitals

Here's canada https://www.statista.com/statistics/...canada-by-age/

Here's is the cdc director https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgI1IFPMXQ go to 1:23. She confirms that they don't know if the vaccine reduces transmission. This was right before data finally did come out showing it dosn't. That's what fauci was speaking on in the other video. Funny thing is at the time the "science" was saying they don't know while the media was saying it did. That's why no intelligent person trusts the media.

And if there is a first world country that's hospitals are mostly overwhelmed with young people they should absolutely get young people vaccinated but again that would be an oulier which dosn't correlate to most countries

And no the vaccines do not limit infection and transmission. Your going on old data from alpha. With delta this isn't the case. Here's the countries top "scince" advisors acknowledging this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mP9iHyj1uiU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgI1IFPMXQ go to 1:23. The cdc director acknowledges this qnd confirms what i'm saying. She acknowledges she dosn't know if the vaccines reduce transmission. Meanwhile the meadia was saying it did. This is why people who think for themselves don't trust the media.

You don't know what your talking about man.
    Last edited by Bronbron23; 11-08-2021 at 11:33 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    Don't give a shit whether you've got a vaccine or not tbh.

But just as a conceptual exercise: by OP's logic just shoot a gun randomly into the air. It's dangerous to others not the shooter so who cares and it's not like the shooter was intending to do any harm as they were just being random and aiming for the air not people.

A bit more exaggerated then vaccinating the healthy young folks in question but similar concept of that it doesn't affect the person being negligent only potentially random people near by. What we do can sometimes affect the safety of others and probably we should attempt to do the right things in those situations. Leaving the discretion up to the individuals as a society is also a fail waiting to happen by the way. Too many people simply refuse to do the "right thing" I don't even mean like 5-10 percent or less I mean about 50 percent lol. But I understand the devils advocate to that too, I mean do we really want more instructions or laws mandating things? Most people want to resist that naturally. Even though it's funny nobody complains about stop signs or drivers licenses. But whatever, the vaccine offered me protection. I got it. My close circle got it. The rest of the world can do what they like including OP.
    No that's a terrible analogy bro but If i was to use your analogy and apply it to my stance i'd basically be saying that if a vaccinated person and a non vaccinated person both shot a gun in the air both peoples bullets could randomly hit someone. The vaccinated bullet isn't gonna not kill someone because their vaccinated.

That's my point. That both vaccinated and non vaccinated can get infected and spread covid so how does it make sense to only restrict the non vaccinated when the vaccinated spread covid just as much?

And i never said i didn't care but we have to move on and live life. Plus if 5he vaccines work and protect you how am i endangering you?

NBA All-star

Covid is like a fart. the moment it was released, everyone went "oh, no no" yet, no one had smelled the fart yet

then came the part where, well, it's a fart, and you're in the proximity, so sure, you can cover your nose to make it slightly better, but boy, does that smell just linger like a dead body

finally, the vaccine came, now you're allowed to be a "self-educated-proclaimed" doctor/politician and say, that etiquette was just nasty, and someone needs to do something to prevent such behavior from happening again. While the general public already went, "self-righteous bastard moved so ****ing slow, sure, I might forgive some of those who opened the window, but that ****ing fart had already been released and lingered and now your greedy ass just wants to come around and collect some pay-check for the 'right' reason"

good thing that's exactly how that xyz amount of healthy industry is ran huh