Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default all the MVP talk is about Curry and Durant is taking a hot SH*T on Curry's season LOL

i said before that Curry gets a pass for everything cause hes a media darling and durant is getting the kobe treatment.

Curry is averaging 28/6/6 on 44% and 38% threes, 62%ts

Durant is averaging 30/8/5 on 57% and 42% threes, 68%ts

Golden State is 11-2, 1st seed

Brooklyn is 10-4, 2nd seed

oh wow.. 1 more win and 2 less losses... just toss out the fact that durant is literally going god mode

and curry has 2 guys almost averaging 20ppg with Wiggins and Poole at around 18ppg while only Harden is putting up that output for the nets

again this exposes the MVP as simply a popularity contest. a worthless award that the media changes its criteria every year for. i suppose as long as curry keeps the top record it will be about wins. then if the warriors finish 2nd or 3rd seed they will work in some angle about curry making poole better than he really is

Banned

Default Re: all the MVP talk is about Curry and Durant is taking a hot SH*T on Curry's season

PER leaders ( the medias FORMER favorite stat )

1. Jokic 36.42 ( and should win the MVP again if the nuggets get to 45-50 wins )
    2. Durant 30.79
    3. Giannis 30.22

Curry 28.09

Default Re: all the MVP talk is about Curry and Durant is taking a hot SH*T on Curry's season

You can’t use stats to make an argument and then claim Kobe is the best ever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    You can’t use stats to make an argument and then claim Kobe is the best ever.

oh really

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ng-season-ever

http://analyticsgame.com/nba/super-p...a-what-if.html

adjusted for pace Kobe has the greatest single season and single game in nba history

I’ll give OP credit, if you had asked me who had the better statline so far this season I would’ve been very confident it was Curry. It’s actually kinda crazy Durant’s having a season like that and nobody’s even talking about it

But you know the obv reason why, Curry’s getting more publicity because he’s taken a team expected to be a 2nd tier contender (without Klay obv) and has led them to the best record in the league, while Durant’s led the team considered to be the title favorites to around where you’d expect them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    oh really

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ng-season-ever

http://analyticsgame.com/nba/super-p...a-what-if.html

adjusted for pace Kobe has the greatest single season and single game in nba history

One game means nothing and wow just PPGZ with no mention of efficiency? Yeah I noticed you don’t bring up
    The stats you mentioned in the OP for Kobe

NBA sixth man of the year

I usually don't defend curry but Wiggins is a career bust and poole is just some random guy.

Harden is an mvp

Banned

One game means nothing and wow just PPGZ with no mention of efficiency? Yeah I noticed you don’t bring up
    The stats you mentioned in the OP for Kobe

he shot 61% in the all time adjusted pace 107 point game

and 56%ts in 2006 which is better than 8 of jordans seasons

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    I usually don't defend curry but Wiggins is a career bust and poole is just some random guy.

Harden is an mvp
    harden under the new rules is playoff mode harden and a bigger bust than anyone including wiggins

he shot 61% in the all time adjusted pace 107 point game

and 56%ts in 2006 which is better than 8 of jordans seasons

I don't care about one game when ranking players, it's completely irrelevant. Unless you think Tony Delk was an elite scorer cuz he scored 50 once

He shot 55.9 TS% in 2006, Jordan beat that mark in 10 of the 13 full seasons he played, stop making shit up In fact, Jordan was never that inefficient in a full season until 1998 lmao

Banned

I don't care about one game when ranking players, it's completely irrelevant. Unless you think Tony Delk was an elite scorer cuz he scored 50 once

He shot 55.9 TS% in 2006, Jordan beat that mark in 10 of the 13 full seasons he played, stop making shit up In fact, Jordan was never that inefficient in a full season until 1998 lmao
    its not just one game. he has the best scoring season ever too when adjusted for pace

and i'm sure if you adjusted for pace and took out kobes 6th man teenage years and his post achilles stuff hes up there with wilt and MJ in career averages as well

i know kobes point per shot during that time is on par with jordans career average

both have 1.30

and thats 15 seasons for both guys

so adjusted for pace kobe would have the all time ppg record as well if he went to college and never ripped his achilles

its not just one game. he has the best scoring season ever too when adjusted for pace

and i'm sure if you adjusted for pace and took out kobes 6th man teenage years and his post achilles stuff hes up there with wilt and MJ in career averages as well

i know kobes point per shot during that time is on par with jordans career average

both have 1.30

and thats 15 seasons for both guys

so adjusted for pace kobe would have the all time ppg record as well if he went to college and never ripped his achilles
    That's a whole lot of ifs, and obviously Jordan could have had the best scoring season pace adjusted if he shot more considering he was more efficient than Kobe lol. And Jordan's advanced and impact stats destroy Kobe. Eeyikes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Damn, even when Curry is having an off shooting season he is still a league ahead of Kobe in TS%.

Banned

He shot 55.9 TS% in 2006, Jordan beat that mark in 10 of the 13 full seasons he played
    kobe 2005-06 - 55.9TS%
    vs
    Jordan 85-86 - 53.3TS%
    Jordan 86-87 - 56.2TS%
    Jordan 92-93 - 56.4TS%
    Jordan 94-95 - 49.3TS%
    Jordan 96-97 - 56.7TS%
    Jordan 97-98 - 53.3TS%
    Jordan 01-02 - 46.8TS%
    Jordan 02-03 - 49.1TS%

i mean kobes 2006 season is basically on par or better efficiency wise than 8 of jordans seasons like i said. and this is THE GOAT... the guy that took WAAAAAAY smarter shots than kobe and was WAAAAAY better

come on. you're splitting hairs at this point.

NBA rookie of the year

One starred your gay ass thread