Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Top 50 All-Time List - Shot Clock Era = #48

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    I'll go for Anthony Davis in this one. Walton has a better peak but Davis still crushes Walton in terms of longevity and has a pretty great peak himself.
    Davis done nothing without Lebron James. Lillard did aloooooooooot more with Blazers sorry ass roster than Davis did with Pelicans.
    Davis is nothing without Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Never made it out of the first other then the season the Lakers won. Might as well vote for T-Mac here.
    Davis made the 2nd round in 2018. Each time he lost in the playoffs with the Pelicans he played the Warriors. How do you blame a guy for losing playing on those teams... the Pelicans sucked! The one year they could have made a run Cousins got hurt and DNP in the playoffs.

That would be like blaming KG for not winning in Minnesota... last time I checked KG is still a top 20 all timer and rightfully so. Davis is merely a top 50 all timer because he doesn't have KG's longevity.

I usually hit open layups

Davis made the 2nd round in 2018. Each time he lost in the playoffs with the Pelicans he played the Warriors. How do you blame a guy for losing playing on those teams... the Pelicans sucked! The one year they could have made a run Cousins got hurt and DNP in the playoffs.

That would be like blaming KG for not winning in Minnesota... last time I checked KG is still a top 20 all timer and rightfully so. Davis is merely a top 50 all timer because he doesn't have KG's longevity.
    By this logic, we might push for a case for Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. Just because Lebron turned losers into winners.
    KG much like Lillard with Portland made WCF with Minnesota in 2004!!!! And KG also won league MVP with Minnesota!

You're right. They beat Portland, I totally forgot about that series. Jrue sinned Dame Lillard that series.

Dwight Howard
    Last edited by Phoenix; 11-16-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Anthony Davis
    Jesus based on what?

You'd put AD over D12? Career wise?

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEpower23 View Post
    Jesus based on what?

You'd put AD over D12? Career wise?
    To be perfectly frank, I'm nearing the don't give a fukk stage of this exercise. I didn't even vote 47. I had Dwight in my head, also had Nique, and Davis. Threw names up in the air, Davis landed. Ask me tomorrow, and my answer will be different. Doesn't really matter...

You know what Elite? In a rare moment of humility, you're right. I'll change my vote to D12 because I'm not married to voting for Brow here.

Dwight vs AD is actually a pretty close comparison career-wise. You might be shocked to know that they made the same number of all-star games. Dwight hasn't been an all-star since 2014. Dwight has a few more All-NBA teams and both won a ring but AD won as a top dog and Dwight as a role player. I might give the edge to AD because I think peak AD is better than peak Dwight. Both can anchor a defense but Davis is much better on offense.

Dwight vs AD is actually a pretty close comparison career-wise. You might be shocked to know that they made the same number of all-star games. Dwight hasn't been an all-star since 2014. Dwight has a few more All-NBA teams and both won a ring but AD won as a top dog and Dwight as a role player. I might give the edge to AD because I think peak AD is better than peak Dwight. Both can anchor a defense but Davis is much better on offense.
    The argument would be Dwights first 10 years versus ADs and I would take Dwight in that case. Regarding the context of their rings yes, AD won as a primary contributor but he wasn't doing anything special team-wise prior to being in LA and definitely doesn't have a chip otherwise. Dwight had better team success and while his 09 Magic may have been better than most of AD's teams, if AD was/is the more impactful player I think he could have squeezed a little more out of those Pelican squads. Right now AD is still writing his story and Dwight's is pretty much in stone, he's not going to do anything more legacy-wise.

I think some combo of Nique/AD/Jokic/McGrady/Dwight should get the remaining spots

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I think some combo of Nique/AD/Jokic/McGrady/Dwight should get the remaining spots
    Paul Pierce, one of the clutchest of all time, all time leading scorer in a top 2 NBA franchise history, Finals MVP, 10x all star, intangibles

College superstar

How is Dave Cowens not really even in these conversations? He had a "Willis Reed-esque" career. It was relatively short, but during the course of it, he was a ROY, league MVP (I know many feel that Kareem should have won it that year, but anyways...) an 8x all star, 2x champion as a 1b on his team, and had multiple all NBA and all defensive teams.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlip View Post
    How is Dave Cowens not really even in these conversations? He had a "Willis Reed-esque" career. It was relatively short, but during the course of it, he was a ROY, league MVP (I know many feel that Kareem should have won it that year, but anyways...) an 8x all star, 2x champion as a 1b on his team, and had multiple all NBA and all defensive teams.
    True. I think Dave Cowens and Paul Pierce should be in the top 50

NBA lottery pick

Anthony Davis. Led team in every stat in 2020 and was the best player.