Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: I feel like all this stuff that happened the last 2 years exposed religion

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    I already explained dumb f@#k . That all of the 10,000 religions in our history are invented by us and not real. That's what religious people need to wake up to, none of it is real. Everyone else understood why can't you? Don't dodge the question what is actually wrong with your brain?
    You haven't explained anything, dummy. You're just an alt and a petulant child when called out on your bullshit. I'll ask you again, what is real? Everyone else understands what? Show me what "real" is. Share it with the rest of us since you're so wise on the subject.

So religious people need to "wake up" and realize that religion is not real because.....you say so? Is that your argument here?

NBA All-star

Default Re: I feel like all this stuff that happened the last 2 years exposed religion

it's easy to call it religion in the manner that it's an organization where people can/have contributed money to, thus it's easy for people to believe that if you settle in your role, you'll be taken cared of.

when you apply that definition to say "charitable organizations", I think it's fair to say some of those do-gooders have been exposed as well.

also, as much as it is easy to correlate religions being in the way of innovation - which for a while, people had been called brainless followers of big corporations for giving up their data. the self-proclaimed do-gooders have also been in the way of political innovation- based on taxes, abortion, and sexual discrimination.

I can just imagine whoever this snowflake OTC is, walking up to a renowned Theologian scholar and saying to him "It's not real bro! It's invented!"

The arrogance of this pink and green haired freak to think he knows more than anyone else and that his opinion on the matter is more valid and true.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

Are you an atheist? Agnostic?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The fact that every civilization has some form of spirituality actually proves its merit. If they all came up with ideas and theories independently, itd be impossible to have occurred everywhere if there wasn't truth to it.

Overall though, "religion" can be anything where you put blind faith in an appeal to authority. Priests, Scientists, whoever... If you're whole argument is an appeal to authority you are practicing a religion.

Intelligent people gather up information from all the sources they can and make their own conclusion. Unfortunately there are too many sheep and dumb people in this world that will follow whatever the authority tells them blindly, even if it's obvious bullshit.

:

too easy

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The fact that every civilization has some form of spirituality actually proves its merit. If they all came up with ideas and theories independently, itd be impossible to have occurred everywhere if there wasn't truth to it.

Overall though, "religion" can be anything where you put blind faith in an appeal to authority. Priests, Scientists, whoever... If you're whole argument is an appeal to authority you are practicing a religion.

Intelligent people gather up information from all the sources they can and make their own conclusion. Unfortunately there are too many sheep and dumb people in this world that will follow whatever the authority tells them blindly, even if it's obvious bullshit.
    Exactly.

Wokism is a religon. Which is hilarious coming from a bunch of self-proclaimed atheists

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    Exactly.

Wokism is a religon. Which is hilarious coming from a bunch of self-proclaimed atheists
    I mean these clowns don't even have the balls to post on their main accounts, much less the conviction to make a coherent argument.

We are talking about organized religion in here and not generalized spirituality. Today we can look back at the Greeks worshipping Zeus and the Mayans worshipping the sun and understand those beliefs have no real merit and were created to give them an illusion of why they exist. For some it isn't difficult to realize that this is how all of mankind's many religions are formed and that none of them have merit. Others are stuck in the ways that were implanted into them as children. Understanding this doesn't mean there is no God or that you can't be spiritual.

We are talking about organized religion in here and not generalized spirituality. Today we can look back at the Greeks worshipping Zeus and the Mayans worshipping the sun and understand those beliefs have no real merit and were created to give them an illusion of why they exist. For some it isn't difficult to realize that this is how all of mankind's many religions are formed and that none of them have merit. Others are stuck in the ways that were implanted into them as children. Understanding this doesn't mean there is no God or that you can't be spiritual.
    You are either purposely dumb, or just dumb. Any argument you make on religion can be dismantled because you don't know what you're talking about.

The Mayans worshipped the Sun...okay. The Sun is real. It is why we exist. Without the Sun, there is no us. So who are you to tell the Mayans that they are worshipping a falsehood? We should all worship the sun actually. Can you imagine going back in time and telling a Mayan their worship has no merit because you're worshipping a falsehood or an illusion as you say? They'd cut out your heart right there and eat it, and rightfully so.

"The sun is real!"

Very much so!

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post

Every civilization has had some form of murder. Does that prove its merit?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    OP hates religion, but only mentions the Bible.

People like OP really think morality and the decisions you make for yourself in life come from reading a book. So stupid. What's your IQ, OP? Can't be much.
    guy needs to drive a challenger