Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter

Exclamation Dwyane Wade on the GOAT conversation

“Michael Jordan separated himself. LeBron James separated himself. I’m not in the [greatest of all time] conversation with those guys. I grew up in Chicago. Michael Jordan was the lifeline for me and my brothers when we didn’t even have food to eat.”

“Michael Jordan is the first iconic figure in this game, the one who took this game to heights it had never been to,” he further explained. “I feel like we all have generational GOATs. In my generation, that is my GOAT. It’s going to be Kobe [Bryant] and LeBron as the new generation’s GOATs, and that’s okay. It’s okay not to have one GOAT. Everyone doesn’t have to be on the same page.”

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-lebron-james/

Default Re: Dwyane Wade on the GOAT conversation

A player could come along and be better than MJ, maybe even enjoy the same dominance relative to peers, but it's unlikely he'll have the impact on the game that MJ had. Though I disagree that MJ is the first iconic figure of the game. He certainly is the most iconic figure.

7-time NBA All-Star

MJ changed a big man's game into what we see today - a perimeter player's game - the biggest leap in aesthetic appeal came with MJ, and now Curry I suppose

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    A player could come along and be better than MJ, maybe even enjoy the same dominance relative to peers, but it's unlikely he'll have the impact on the game that MJ had. Though I disagree that MJ is the first iconic figure of the game. He certainly is the most iconic figure.
    Agreed. And contrary to common belief, we wanna see it in our lifetime. But impact and popularity wise, its gonna be tough

There's a lot of wisdom in what Wade has said here, although I think he's failing to give Lebron the credit he deserves as the actual and undisputed GOAT.

NBA All-star

rated your wife a 10, but no, not interested whatsoever, good for you.

Dunking on everybody in the park expansionera's Avatar

Everyone is biased trying to portray themselves and their opinion as objective. It’s not coincidental Dr. J’s top ten all time list looks the way it does, neither is it particularly surprising boomers view Jordan as the GOAT.

They’re actually rating their personal experiences having been first exposed and enjoyed basketball above that of others, whereas being actually objective today’s players have far more skill, advanced training and nutrition, and athletic ability.

7-time NBA All-Star

All the goats win most of the rings during their prime, like MJ, Curry, Kobe, Duncan, etc - fake goats like Lebron LOSE most of the rings and cede dynasty status to others like Duncan, Kobe, Curry, or KD - people forget that Kobe won on Lebron's watch too when Lebron had the league favorite in 09' and then added Shaq/Jamison to a 66-win 1 seed in 10'.

NBA sixth man of the year

Kawhi is closer then Wade is, that's for sure.

More 1st team all nba, more finals mvps, more defensive player of the year awards, more then double all defense selections

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    All the goats win most of the rings during their prime, like MJ, Curry, Kobe, Duncan, etc - fake goats like Lebron LOSE most of the rings and cede dynasty status to others like Duncan, Kobe, Curry, or KD - people forget that Kobe won on Lebron's watch too when Lebron had the league favorite in 09' and then added Shaq/Jamison to a 66-win 1 seed in 10'.
    LeBron has more rings than Curry and more FMVP’s than Kobe & Duncan. Nobody has more rings than LeBron since he entered the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    LeBron has more rings than Curry and more FMVP’s than Kobe & Duncan. Nobody has more rings than LeBron since he entered the league.
    lebrons a joke to most people like Barry bonds, Alex Rodriguez or Roman reigns/John Cena. he's like the Jake paul of his generation. it's all a fake spectacle.

its plastic

its fake

nobody went to see his movie. nobody watches his games. he's not box office

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryant View Post
    lebrons a joke to most people like Barry bonds, Alex Rodriguez or Roman reigns/John Cena. he's like the Jake paul of his generation. it's all a fake spectacle.

its plastic

its fake

nobody went to see his movie. nobody watches his games. he's not box office
    You understand that you’re not normal, right?

NBA Superstar

And for the record, baseball people absolutely acknowledge Barry Bonds as the greatest hitter (if not player in the general) of the modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD View Post

“Michael Jordan is the first iconic figure in this game,
    Sure he is...

MJ stans are pathetic.

Case closed.

Wade calls LeBron the GOAT