Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Default Re: I don't understand being attached to your religion

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    You didn't write anything worth comprehending. You wrote some stupid opinion which is yours. You Atheists believe you know more than those who are religious. That's your first mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    The reality is that archeologists are not uncovering more and more every day. It is generally pure myth, designed to fit a predetermined conclusion. The evidence is either nonexistent, or considered highly questionable in peer-review.
    I find that anyone who does not subscribe to believer’s religious story is immediately labeled an atheist.
    Provide a link to a post where I have stated I am an atheist.
    I wrote fact

-The reality is that archeologists are not uncovering more and more every day. The evidence is either nonexistent, or considered highly questionable in peer-review. FACT
    Last edited by Chick Stern; 11-20-2021 at 12:43 AM.

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Its a combination of what your parents have passed on from generation to generation mixed with witnessing some paranormal events. After seeing that, its hard to turn a blind eye just cause atheism is popular now or science.

For example, i have seen a couple of people get possessed out of nowhere at church or around it. If theres out of this world evil, then there's also good from a higher power. I say this because if it was just a epileptic attack or nervous breakdown, it would only get better with medical attention. But literally, the 2 times I've seen people act like they are momentarily possessed, only the priest has been able to make them snap out of it.

In terms of logic vs faith.... for me, its smarter to give God, afterlife and all that stuff the benefit of the doubt and have a chance to experience the promised reward after death

Than just go by science and neglect God to later die and realize it was real.

If it is real, science and logic won't save your ass

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by 2much_knowledge View Post

In terms of logic vs faith.... for me, its smarter to give God, afterlife and all that stuff the benefit of the doubt and have a chance to experience the promised reward after death

Than just go by science and neglect God to later die and realize it was real.

If it is real, science and logic won't save your ass

the only problem I had, was how dry/bored it got when waiting for God and afterlife. so being a rockstar became an attractive choice.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    He's an idiot.
    Give it up Poopsie. No one believes you are a Christian much less religious.

Decent college freshman

A sense of identity comes from religion for some

And if you believe your religion is true and divine then why wouldn't you be attached to it?