Dunking on everybody in the park expansionera's Avatar

Lightbulb “Pippen was the second greatest basketball player on the planet” -Dennis Rodman

Rodman was thrust into the public spotlight again in 2020 as part of the wildly popular Netflix series, The Last Dance, which profiled Michael Jordan’s final season with the Chicago Bulls. Rodman told GQ he always felt he was a sharp contrast to Jordan.

“You got the greatest basketball player on the planet [Jordan], the second greatest in Scottie Pippen, and then you got [me] the devil,” he said.

Imagine how many rings Lebron would have if he played with KD/Curry every year instead of beating them.

Default Re: “Pippen was the second greatest basketball player on the planet” -Dennis Rodman

Quote Originally Posted by expansionera View Post
    Rodman was thrust into the public spotlight again in 2020 as part of the wildly popular Netflix series, The Last Dance, which profiled Michael Jordan’s final season with the Chicago Bulls. Rodman told GQ he always felt he was a sharp contrast to Jordan.

“You got the greatest basketball player on the planet [Jordan], the second greatest in Scottie Pippen, and then you got [me] the devil,” he said.

Imagine how many rings Lebron would have if he played with KD/Curry every year instead of beating them.
    More help? I thought Lebron just needs a ball...will you losers make up your damn minds.

Default Re: “Pippen was the second greatest basketball player on the planet” -Dennis Rodman

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBorg View Post
    More help? I thought Lebron just needs a ball...will you losers make up your damn minds.
    Lol lebron needs a ball and some needles

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Lol , owned

Maybe lonzo ball and lamelo too lol

This makes sense.

Brid, John Salley, Rodman, Isiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, are a few players that have said Pippen was the best player in basketball at one time.

Wow, 3ball obliterated.

He said imagine IF he did. Learn comprehension

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    He said imagine IF he did. Learn comprehension
    Hard to imagine how many extra allstars would it take for at least a 500. Finals record

Quote Originally Posted by 2much_knowledge View Post
    Hard to imagine how many extra allstars would it take for at least a 500. Finals record
    Looks like another lacks comprehension

Quote Originally Posted by 2much_knowledge View Post
    A weak era where Craig Ehlo was regarded as a great defender and grocery bagger Starks was regarded as a great scorer might change it? Hmm...Maybe throw in a midget or two. That might do it.

Pippen WAS NEVER the 2nd greatest basketball player on the planet! That shit is a FLAT OUT MYTH!! ALL AROUND WISE, sure Pip was the 2nd best player on the planet. When MJ retired, AT THAT POINT he was the best ALL AROUND PLAYER on the planet. By that I mean the way he had great defense, great rebounding for a SF, and great passing. To go with 20 PPG. From there, he could play or defend four different positions.

Best all around and THE BEST PLAYER are two different things sometimes. MJ held both mantles at the same time. LeBron did as well. Kobe did at one point. Giannis has a great case now. EVEN THOUGH I prefer KD and Steph over him. Giannis is the better ALL AROUND player. But KD and Steph for me can carry an offense better. And are very good all around players.

So sure all around wise, Pip was top 2 and even #1 at one point in time. But prime for prime, Pip was NEVER better than:

Chuck
    Dream
    Shaq
    Admiral
    Drexler
    Ewing
    Mailman
    Nique

So once MJ retired, Pip became the best ALL AROUND PLAYER in the world. IF Pip had dominant scoring ability (at least on Drexler's level), then SURE he would have been the best player on the planet once MJ was gone. In contention with The Dream and Barkley! To be the best player in the world, u GOTTA have alpha dog scoring ability as part of your arsenal. In the 60's, Wilt was the best player. In the 70's, Kareem was the best player. In the 80's, Bird or Magic was the best player. And in the 90's, MJ was the best. 2000s Kobe, Shaq, or Tim.

In the 2010's, Bron. Now you got Curry, KD, or Giannis as the best in the world. ALL THESE GUYS had alpha dog scoring ability in some form. ALL THESE GUYS were MVP's in the league! ALL THESE GUYS were champions! Pip simply was never on that level as a player! G Hill and Bron took what Pip was doing to the next level.
    Last edited by bizil; 11-19-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Brid, John Salley, Rodman, Isiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, are a few players that have said Pippen was the best player in basketball at one time.
    All of them have lost all credibility too sorry but true