Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Reggie basically beat the 98' Bulls, so how would he lose to Bulls w/out MJ in 94

Who's having pizza this weekend?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Reggie basically beat the 98' Bulls, so how would he lose to Bulls w/out MJ in 94

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Are we talking about the 94 Bulls beating the 94 Pacers? Or the 98 Pacers?

Or the 98 Bulls without Jordan against the 98 Pacers?

I’m so confused.
    I think the point is...

R Miller vs. 90' Pistons..... 20.7 on 57%... 17.9 usage
    Pippen. vs. 90' Pistons..... 16.6 on 43%... 20.4 usage

R Miller vs 93' Knicks....... 31.5 on 53%... 27.5 usage
    Pippen. vs 93' Knicks....... 22.5 on 51%... 28.4 usage

R Miller vs 94' Knicks....... 24.7 on 44%... 30.1 usage
    Pippen. vs 94' Knicks....... 21.7 on 41%... 31.7 usage

R Miller vs 95' Magic........ 25.9 on 52%... 26.2 usage
    Pippen. vs 95' Magic........ 19.0 on 42%... 23.1 usage

R Miller vs 00' Lakers....... 24.3 on 41%... 25.0 usage
    Pippen. vs 00' Lakers....... 15.1 on 43%... 19.5 usage
    Pippen. vs 99' Lakers....... 18.3 on 33%... 23.5 usage

R Miller 98' ECF............... 17.4 on 41%... 21.1 usage
    Pippen. 98' ECF............... 16.6 on 39%... 26.0 usage
    Against common playoff opponents, Reggie Miller destroys Pippen in his performances and production. And he did it as the 1st option, with no MJ to distract the defense... just Rik Smits. So if Reggie played with Jordan it would have been even more of a wrap. Like some Curry Durant type tandem.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I think the point is...

Against common playoff opponents, Reggie Miller destroys Pippen in his performances and production. And he did it as the 1st option, with no MJ to distract the defense... just Rik Smits. So if Reggie played with Jordan it would have been even more of a wrap. Like some Curry Durant type tandem.
    But that’s not what he said..

And that’s not what the thread title says

I know his ultimate “point” is that Pippen sucked. Trust me, that is not missed..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    But that’s not what he said..

And that’s not what the thread title says

I know his ultimate “point” is that Pippen sucked. Trust me, that is not missed..
    I mean.... the title is pretty clear. Why couldn't Reggie and the Pacers beat the the '94 Knicks if the '98 Pacers were a hair away from beating them with MJ?

Nevermind that the Bulls were a shot away from a potential 0-3 hole and sweep vs the Knicks. Pippens 1st option caliber is just far below Reggies for their career.

And I don't see Reggie being worse if he gets to be 2nd option to the GOAT and gets even easier looks.

NBA Superstar

I mean.... the title is pretty clear. Why couldn't Reggie and the Pacers beat the the '94 Knicks if the '98 Pacers were a hair away from beating them with MJ?

Nevermind that the Bulls were a shot away from a potential 0-3 hole and sweep vs the Knicks. Pippens 1st option caliber is just far below Reggies for their career.

And I don't see Reggie being worse if he gets to be 2nd option to the GOAT and gets even easier looks.
    Yes, I understand what the title says. I’ll refer you back to my first post then..

94 and 98 are different years. By a decent amount.

7-time NBA All-Star

I think the point is...

That's fire