Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Local High School Star theman93's Avatar

Default Re: Over 70% of COVID deaths in UK are fully vaccinated during month of September

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    LMAO You’re really confuse.

I handicapped your inadequacies with definitions to compensate with your deficit and still manage to fail.

Let me put it in simple Layman term for you

0% efficacy = unvaccinated

I also put a reduction rate on Flu deaths and you still can’t figure it out

And incessantly mental *********e on your shortcoming

Let me spoon fed this in a simple count

Unvaccinated that are hospitalized from Flu is more like to die 2 to 5 times more than vaccinated

So if there is average 30 k Flu deaths annually

Unvaccinated -20 to 25 K deaths
    Vaccinated - 5 to 10K deaths

Those are not the most important FACT. Flu is the most commoncause of hospitalization among our children and 8 out of 10 deaths attributed to flu are unvaccinated.

You can’t count, you can’t comprehend

You’re waste of time.
    Fail.

Hospitalizations =/= death.

LINK me the data that proves of the amount of people that die from the flu 16-30% of them are vaccinated against it (as you claim).

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default Re: Over 70% of COVID deaths in UK are fully vaccinated during month of September

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Fail.

Hospitalizations =/= death.

LINK me the data that proves of the amount of people that die from the flu 16-30% of them are vaccinated against it (as you claim).
    Data from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden.../2017-2018.htm

810,000 hospitalizations, and 61,000 deaths from influenza

~140,000,000 flu vaccinations (I suspect the vaccination rate is very high in the elderly, but don't have that data readily available).

"CDC estimates that influenza vaccination during the 2017–2018 influenza season prevented... 91,000 hospitalizations and 5,700 deaths associated with influenza"

In other words, ~140,000,000 vaccinations prevented an estimated 5,700 deaths associated with influenza. It's unclear how many of those "influenza associated" deaths would have occurred regardless of being "influenza associated".

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21 View Post
    Honest question: are you willing to take booster shots every 6 months for the rest of your life for a disease that has a 99.7% survival rate for healthy adults and which barely reduces the rate of transmission? What about the fact that there is now new variants coming out that are supposedly escaping vaccines protection?

At what point do you think it is safe to learn to live with it the same way we are doing with the flu? Because i doubt we ever reached close to 75-80% of our population vaccinated against the flu on any given season.

"Anti vaxxers" didn't just appear overnight so you can't blame this ongoing pandemic on them and also make the claim that we eradicated some previous diseases because they weren't alive back then. The truth is this vaccine is simply subpar when compared to those other vaccines and didn't work like it was originally planned. This is why the CDC had to backtrack on their statements about vaccinated people not needing to isolate and wear mask indoors anymore.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/pol...rotection.html

This is the real reason why polio was eradicated. It was almost perfect at preventing infections and stopping the spread. The vaccinated people were basically immune.The main goal of the Covid vaccines trial was to reduce the risk of hospitalization and death for the vaccinated person. It didn't measure how much it stops transmission and it was known that it wouldn't give the person immunity.

Am i missing something here?
    The only thing your missing is the moving goal post of "vaccinated" which you actually already addressed on page 4 and why they had to change the definition.

Couple that with the fact that "fully" means totally, completely, entirely, or wholly. The CDC defines an individual as fully vaccinated once it's been 2 weeks after the 2nd dose. If an individual is fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the 2nd dose, then a 3rd dose would not be needed. But it is.

So not only has the goal post moved on the actual definition of vaccinated, but so has the goal post for what is considered to be fully vaccinated.

Loco 50 and Rooster are of course good little sheep and have no issue with shifting goal posts and the totally coincidental timing of redefining what a vaccine is.

Un Hermano de Bernie

Honest question: are you willing to take booster shots every 6 months for the rest of your life for a disease that has a 99.7% survival rate for healthy adults and which barely reduces the rate of transmission? What about the fact that there is now new variants coming out that are supposedly escaping vaccines protection?
    Honest reply: I firmly believe that won't be necessary. Medicine tends to speak in a cya manner to the media and report things in a worst case scenario prognosis because when things end up worse people have to scramble. Unfortunately, laypeople don't understand that.

This is also why when you google search a certain symptom damn near every result will include cancer.....While it's true that many things can be symptomatic of cancer, it's difficult to convey the slim likelihood of that being your actual problem. But you don't want to be the doc that tells someone it ain't cancer, when it does in fact turn out to be cancer. That would not only feel really bad, but open you up to liability.

It also doesn't help when the media doesn't really understand what they're reporting, but eh, that's why it's best to go straight to the source if possible. Neither Foxnews, CNN, MSNBC can tell their elbow from their asshole in terms of medical reporting so they've only contributed to problems as far as I'm concerned.

At what point do you think it is safe to learn to live with it the same way we are doing with the flu? Because i doubt we ever reached close to 75-80% of our population vaccinated against the flu on any given season.
    I believe we've already entered this phase, if you're vaccinated. From what I have read thus far, Omicron while extremely contagious is mild symptomatically. This is great news, if true. I believe the natural progression will be for this virus to continue to mutate into far less lethal strains and become essentially just another common cold we all deal with. The vaccinated population is already essentially there. The folks that end up dying are by and large, either unvaccinated or immunocompromised in some manner that has made them extremely vulnerable to covid. I am an eternal optimist however and could be wrong. It could easily mutate into something far more lethal which is why we'd prefer as many people to get vaccinated as possible. To mitigate mutation as much as possible.

"Anti vaxxers" didn't just appear overnight so you can't blame this ongoing pandemic on them and also make the claim that we eradicated some previous diseases because they weren't alive back then.
    Definitely not solely their fault. They certainly do their best to slow things down however. The claim was not that anti-vaccers didn't exist back then, the claim was the vaccine prevails despite them.

In my opinion, it's best to think of a viral outbreak as a fire. If you stomp it out quickly damage is minimal. If you let it spread by ignoring it, shit gets out of hand quickly. Anti-vax stuff is essentially ignoring a fire.

The truth is this vaccine is simply subpar when compared to those other vaccines and didn't work like it was originally planned. This is why the CDC had to backtrack on their statements about vaccinated people not needing to isolate and wear mask indoors anymore.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/pol...rotection.html
    Nah. You've got unrealistic expectations for people that were working extremely quickly on a very new vaccine for a very initially fatal virus. The CDC can only report things that they know as they understand them in that moment. The very essence of research/science is that we will learn more with time and improve our response. But, that requires changing the message as well.

There's no way to prep for something as massive as this.....although, not denying it's a problem in the first place can help get things progressing more rapidly.

This is the real reason why polio was eradicated. It was almost perfect at preventing infections and stopping the spread. The vaccinated people were basically immune.The main goal of the Covid vaccines trial was to reduce the risk of hospitalization and death for the vaccinated person. It didn't measure how much it stops transmission and it was known that it wouldn't give the person immunity.

Am i missing something here?
    Your timeline is what's missing.

You're missing the fact that polio was believed to be discovered in 1773.
    First documented outbreak of polio in the United States in 1894.
    Polio vaccine was invented in 1955.
    Polio believed to be eradicated in the U.S. in 1979.

So it took well over 200 years of learning/research/experimenting/failure/disease/paralysis/death to completely overcome polio. That vaccine didn't start out at 95% percent efficacy.

Covid-19 was discovered we believe......2019.
    The vaccines, while imperfect, created in 2020.

And you expect it to be as refined as the polio vaccine in a years time? Unrealistic.

You've got excellent and fair questions. Nice change for this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Data from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden.../2017-2018.htm

810,000 hospitalizations, and 61,000 deaths from influenza

~140,000,000 flu vaccinations (I suspect the vaccination rate is very high in the elderly, but don't have that data readily available).

"CDC estimates that influenza vaccination during the 2017–2018 influenza season prevented... 91,000 hospitalizations and 5,700 deaths associated with influenza"

In other words, ~140,000,000 vaccinations prevented an estimated 5,700 deaths associated with influenza. It's unclear how many of those "influenza associated" deaths would have occurred regardless of being "influenza associated".

Hope this helps.
    Lmao. It seems the only people being dunked on balls to the face style here is Loco 50 and Rooster.

NBA sixth man of the year SATAN's Avatar

Oh, he's one of these Fox News viewers. That explains it then.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    I haven't read a single other conversation in this thread but glancing at this one comment do you know how life expectancy works? Everyone take their political glasses off and learn how to understand it: Tuckers data is almost certainly comparing the all-encompassing life expectancy chart of the UK (from BIRTH) which includes all the chances you might die in infancy / childhood / etc. And I doubt he understands that because he's more concerned about looking right for his 3 minute political segments than actually deep diving anything.

Let's say you've already made it to 80 years old? What's your life expectancy then? 81 right?

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

Statistically bout 9 more years at least in the U.S. and my guess is that's not really different in the U.K. So if you've already made it to 80, you're likely to live 9 more years. (Unless of course you believe in the risk of things like Coronavirus, or just callously strike 80 year olds off since "81" is the age you expected an 80 year old to have died anyways based on aforementioned data you previously didn't understand).

Of all people who made it to 100 collectively even they have another 2.5 years life expectancy. Strange right? But it makes sense if you understand that it becomes exclusionary the older you get.

Life expency is a curve that changes as time goes by based on how old you already are and the longer you live (especially past certain milestone ages that were difficult for the rest of the population to make it to, like say, after the age of 80). Older you get the more likely you are to live longer than the "average life expency" because every moment you're alive you've made it past points other people involved in the all encompassing statistic (since birth) died via illness/accident/etc.

Why does this matter for the above pic? Even assuming Tuckers numbers are accurate for median / etc. We know Coronavirus affects elderly more than anyone else. So OF COURSE it's going to look like a high number. It kills young people at extremely disproportionately low rates so they don't even blip the chart and it's basically all heavily weighted towards the elderly.

Which as I pointed out if you make it to certain ages your life expectancy is actually a lot higher than "average". If you make it to 80 should you expect to drop off at 81 like a fly since 81 is the National Average? If you have a relative that is 81 should you tell them why bother taking any more health measures like cancer treatements, vaccinations, etc since you think they've reached the average? No because technically on average they had 8-10 more years they should be expecting to live because once you make it to 80 you've actually already survived a lot that kills younger folks. But Coronavirus seems to be a thing that is particularly effective at quickly killing people in this age range in spite of the surprising amount of years they still should be living. If of course, you believe it - knowing how polarizing this thread probably is I'm sure many don't.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    I haven't read a single other conversation in this thread but glancing at this one comment do you know how life expectancy works? Everyone take their political glasses off and learn how to understand it: Tuckers data is almost certainly comparing the all-encompassing life expectancy chart of the UK (from BIRTH) which includes all the chances you might die in infancy / childhood / etc. And I doubt he understands that because he's more concerned about looking right for his 3 minute political segments than actually deep diving anything.

Let's say you've already made it to 80 years old? What's your life expectancy then? 81 right?

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

Statistically bout 9 more years at least in the U.S. and my guess is that's not really different in the U.K. So if you've already made it to 80, you're likely to live 9 more years. (Unless of course you believe in the risk of things like Coronavirus, or just callously strike 80 year olds off since "81" is the age you expected an 80 year old to have died anyways based on aforementioned data you previously didn't understand).

Of all people who made it to 100 collectively even they have another 2.5 years life expectancy. Strange right? But it makes sense if you understand that it becomes exclusionary the older you get.

Life expency is a curve that changes as time goes by based on how old you already are and the longer you live (especially past certain milestone ages that were difficult for the rest of the population to make it to, like say, after the age of 80). Older you get the more likely you are to live longer than the "average life expency" because every moment you're alive you've made it past points other people involved in the all encompassing statistic (since birth) died via illness/accident/etc.

Why does this matter for the above pic? Even assuming Tuckers numbers are accurate for median / etc. We know Coronavirus affects elderly more than anyone else. So OF COURSE it's going to look like a high number. It kills young people at extremely disproportionately low rates so they don't even blip the chart and it's basically all heavily weighted towards the elderly.

Which as I pointed out if you make it to certain ages your life expectancy is actually a lot higher than "average". If you make it to 80 should you expect to drop off at 81 like a fly since 81 is the National Average? If you have a relative that is 81 should you tell them why bother taking any more health measures like cancer treatements, vaccinations, etc since you think they've reached the average? No because technically on average they had 8-10 more years they should be expecting to live because once you make it to 80 you've actually already survived a lot that kills younger folks. But Coronavirus seems to be a thing that is particularly effective at quickly killing people in this age range in spite of the surprising amount of years they still should be living. If of course, you believe it - knowing how polarizing this thread probably is I'm sure many don't.
    Some people in this thread might not have enough common sense to understand your post. All they care about are stats found on social media.

Old people don't matter to em. Wearing a face masks is too inconvenient if it only provides a small chance of protecting the elderly.

Why care about Covid when you're young right? Let the old people die.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    Some people in this thread might not have enough common sense to understand your post. All they care about are stats found on social media.

Old people don't matter to em. Wearing a face masks is too inconvenient if it only provides a small chance of protecting the elderly.

So they probably are gonna commit suicide when they start to get old?

All of us here on ISH have known for well over a year that the average Corona death is over the average life expectancy. And the average deaths for many other disease is probably over the average life expectancy. I imagine that's also the case for the flu.

And that makes perfect sense, since 83 years old is an extreme age. The average person at that age, Corona or not, doesn't have much long to live. 30% of all Corona deaths are of those 85 years and older.

The question is, since it clearly doesn't affect younger people as much, especially kids. Is the response appropriate or agenda driven. Should whole economies be shut down, billions of dollars be spent on vaccinating kids, people lose their jobs, for a vaccine that doesn't even stop the spread.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Wow... 83 years old. And that means roughly half the people were over that age... in their late 80s and 90s even. Pretty blatantly obvious that any old person that died of natural causes was simply listed COVID. That's why the ages match. (actually its ABOVE life expectancy... unreal) And we have 30 year olds on this board freaking out over it. Talks about chicken littles.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post

And by not following some crucial mandates, they are also letting the virus spread more. Leading to more variants being discovered. Thus, leading to slower recovery, more people suffering and delayed herd immunity. I think a little restriction to some freedom won't hurt if everybody complied. But then again, many people are too retarded to grasp that and prefer things their own way.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    And by not following some crucial mandates, they are also letting the virus spread more. Leading to more variants being discovered. Thus, leading to slower recovery, more people suffering and delayed herd immunity. I think a little restriction to some freedom won't hurt if everybody complied. But then again, many people are too retarded to grasp that and prefer things their own way.
    "2020 Insidehoops ROTY" and 21k posts in less than 2 years. You consider this an accomplishment, a milestone to your life?

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_AAP View Post
    "2020 Insidehoops ROTY" and 21k posts in less than 2 years. You consider this an accomplishment, a milestone to your life?
    I love when trolls have no other choices but directly verbally attack people.