Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70

Thread: B.1.1.529?

  1. #46
    Local High School Star theman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    In Shooter’s head
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    alright, then i'll quote that article.



    The cdc are going to push the vaccines, period. in this case, they're doing it as a precautionary.

    bro, i get it - i don't like it either. pharmaceutical companies are milking this for all it's worth and the government along with the media are enabling them, but back to the original point... the vaccines don't prevent spread & infection, so the fact that the vaccinated are catching omicron doesn't mean shit. it does not mean the vaccines aren't doing their job in preventing and/or lowering the probability of serious illness and death. the effectiveness of that is of course up for debate.
    It means everything. If you don't know the effectiveness, then don't push for a vaccine that has a chance to turn out to be useless.

  2. #47
    GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    The vaccine doesn't stop cases it only stops deaths.
    Hmm, are there any RCTs that have shown a statistically significant difference in deaths? theman93 actually posted about the Pfizer trial that showed no statistically significant difference in deaths between the vaccine and placebo groups.

    Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    15 patients who received the vaccine died; 14 who received the placebo died.
    baudkarma, who has claimed outrageous things in the past, posted in the thread. Unfortunately he (once again) abandoned the thread when he was asked to back up his claims.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post14410653

  3. #48
    GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Trump's travel restrictions for Covid-19 began in January 2020. Biden kept them going.

    Does anyone know how many Covid-19 infections Trump/Biden's travel restrictions have prevented so far in the US? (Any recent studies and/or estimates?)

  4. #49
    NBA sixth man of the year SATAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    7,250

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Yes.

  5. #50
    2020 InsideHoops ROTY Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    22,245

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    It means everything. If you don't know the effectiveness, then don't push for a vaccine that has a chance to turn out to be useless.


    Without the existence of these vaccines, there's a big chance that the world economy would have been in a complete standstill until now.

  6. #51
    Dunking on everybody in the park
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    625

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post


    Without the existence of these vaccines, there's a big chance that the world economy would have been in a complete standstill until now.
    You mean the Operation Warp Speed Mr. Donald Trump vaccines?

  7. #52
    Local High School Star theman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    In Shooter’s head
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Hmm, are there any RCTs that have shown a statistically significant difference in deaths? theman93 actually posted about the Pfizer trial that showed no statistically significant difference in deaths between the vaccine and placebo groups.



    baudkarma, who has claimed outrageous things in the past, posted in the thread. Unfortunately he (once again) abandoned the thread when he was asked to back up his claims.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post14410653
    There has been an UPDATE***** to this study.

    21 patients who received the vaccine died, not 15.

    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/fd...rs-jab-trials/

  8. #53
    Local High School Star theman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    In Shooter’s head
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post


    Without the existence of these vaccines, there's a big chance that the world economy would have been in a complete standstill until now.
    Nah.

    But since you believe that you should be thanking Donald Trump for saving the world.

  9. #54
    2020 InsideHoops ROTY Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    22,245

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKA_AAP View Post
    You mean covid happened under Mr. Donald Trump?
    Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Nah.

    But since you believe that you should be cursing Donald Trump's administration for causing the pandemic.
    Ftfy guys

  10. #55
    GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    There has been an UPDATE***** to this study.

    21 patients who received the vaccine died, not 15.

    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/fd...rs-jab-trials/
    Wow. Thanks for the update. diamenz, you seeing this?

    It would be nice if we had a Covid "vaccine" with an RCT showing a reduction in death & hospitalization, but I can't find one.

  11. #56
    GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Nah.

    But since you believe that you should be thanking Donald Trump for saving the world.
    Trump told Axe to social distance, wear masks, and get the vaccine... Axe took his advice literally and has been preaching it on this forum quite a bit as of late... we shouldn't be surprised to know that Axe is a big fan of Trump and Trump's Covid-19 team.

  12. #57
    College superstar diamenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,970

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Wow. Thanks for the update. diamenz, you seeing this?

    It would be nice if we had a Covid "vaccine" with an RCT showing a reduction in death & hospitalization, but I can't find one.
    discouraging... personally especially. i like to think my parents (77 & 78) are safer with the jab. now, not so much...

    Despite a group of doctors and academics filing a lawsuit to obtain the FDA’s complete data profile of the Pfizer jab, the agency suspiciously denied the request for transparency and asked a judge to delay the release of the data until the year 2076, some 55 years after the FDA gave the green light to roll out the experimental shots to millions of people in the country.
    hmm...?

  13. #58
    Local High School Star theman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    In Shooter’s head
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Trump told Axe to social distance, wear masks, and get the vaccine... Axe took his advice literally and has been preaching it on this forum quite a bit as of late... we shouldn't be surprised to know that Axe is a big fan of Trump and Trump's Covid-19 team.

  14. #59
    GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    discouraging... personally especially. i like to think my parents (77 & 78) are safer with the jab. now, not so much...



    hmm...?
    As I've said on here a few times, I *think* the jab would be good for elderly folk who haven't already had Covid, but

    - I don't know. it's based on anecdotes and limited data.
    - their effectiveness is massively overrated and quite frankly, unknown at this point because we don't have any solid trials (that I know of) showing a reduction in hospitalization & death.

    We know that many people are classified as a Covid hospitalization even though they may have already been in the hospital otherwise. This helps explain why hospitalizations are way below what they were in 2018 & 2019 vs 2020. Check this link out... https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_5.html ... shows 29.2% Covid hospitalizations with Pregnancy as an underlying medical condition... begs the question... how many of these women would have been to the hospital regardless of Covid? Perhaps they were delivering a baby and caught a cold (Covid) in the hospital during their stay or some routine procedure and happened to test positive...? who knows...

  15. #60
    Local High School Star theman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    In Shooter’s head
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: B.1.1.529?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    As I've said on here a few times, I *think* the jab would be good for elderly folk who haven't already had Covid, but

    - I don't know. it's based on anecdotes and limited data.
    - their effectiveness is massively overrated and quite frankly, unknown at this point because we don't have any solid trials (that I know of) showing a reduction in hospitalization & death.

    We know that many people are classified as a Covid hospitalization even though they may have already been in the hospital otherwise. This helps explain why hospitalizations are way below what they were in 2018 & 2019 vs 2020. Check this link out... https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_5.html ... shows 29.2% Covid hospitalizations with Pregnancy as an underlying medical condition... begs the question... how many of these women would have been to the hospital regardless of Covid? Perhaps they were delivering a baby and caught a cold (Covid) in the hospital during their stay or some routine procedure and happened to test positive...? who knows...
    This could help provide some answers

    https://beckernews.com/new-covid-pol...d-proof-43258/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •