Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Celtics' Enes Kanter Freedom on Lebron says: I'm here to educate him'

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    Lol. Don't know what show this is. 4 republicans in 7 seasons? What crap were they showing when Republicans weren't on? It's mostly facts with most conservatives anyway compared to the crazy left. That guy in the clip was very clear and interesting though.

Still think you're conservative without realizing.

West wing. And yea about 4 of them. But they all won every argument:

A woman destroys the case for the equal rights amendment that used to come up now and then.

And nah I’m not particularly conservative but I have been asked by conservatives who hy I wouldn’t run for local office as one. People just kinda….assume I am for whatever reason.

Default Re: Celtics' Enes Kanter Freedom on Lebron says: I'm here to educate him'

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    The only Republican I could vote for in a national election:

You're a fool then

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    You're a fool then

Funny thing is that having to appeal to the zealots like you is why republicans become such a caricature of conservative beliefs when they hit the national level. If they could be themselves a lot of them would have a chance to convert someone like me who will listen to any argument if you make it well. That isn’t realistic though. Almost nobody in politics is as far left or right as they have to be to appeal to enough people to win in such a polarized world where the zealots are turned off by nuance.

I could play the role of a Republican or a democrat if I had to but the left would call me too conservative and the right would call me a rino.

Can’t just take each issue as a lone issue. Have to line it all up with your team. Makes the top guys on both sides seem pretty fake to me but the people republicans have to appeal to and get it bed with(probably while holding their noses) tend to make them hard to stomach for me.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore DevBooker'sMask's Avatar

e kanter is a good man, helping lehighschool education

China was doing vile shit before he came to the league and were heavily partnered with it before he got there. Nike has had the sweatshops all his life. He’s made 100 million dollars knowing it and wears a Nike logo on his chest every time he plays. Knowing that how does he then preach about morals over money? Seriously. We are all hypocrites. We all want the world to be better and the bad guy to stop winning. Then we buy IPhones, watch movies and sports backed by China, and have nice meals out when that money could feed a small family for months.

I feel like all our houses are too glass to be throwing rocks on a lot of these issues. A veteran nba player who cashed checks generated by the very partnerships he has a problem with? That house isn’t even glass. Glass has some resistance. That’s a house of cotton candy.

At least if he walked away while he was still a big-time contract player he could pull the Dave Chapelle card and carve credibility out of his financial sacrifices to stand on principle. All he’s got left is to not get his next contract, likely blame that on being too vocal against the machine, flip that into more Fox News interviews, and setup a post playing career to extend living lavishly on the mountain of money China and Nike already helped him collect.

You walk away I’ll hear out a morals over money case from you. You squeeze every drop out of the machine as you yell about it being corrupt it just kinda….rings hollow to me.

Like the PETA president who was talking about how nobody should use products tested on animals but when confronted about her insulin use knowing it was developed by torturing animals said she needed her life to help the animals.

She can justify using animal testing products….because she uses her life to stop more of it. Neat little arrangement these people make to justify their choices but it’s about the best he could do I bet. Claim he had to get rich to help so it’s ok he took the money.

Im not sure anyone in sports has a moral high ground to stand on here.

Even the people wanting change still took the money. Who walked away before the payday?

Thats who I wanna hear from.

We all live too well to talk about how others don’t do enough. It’s just a matter of how big a hypocrite we all are. Not a matter of if we are one or not.
    That's not hypocrisy. You can be on something and yet be against it. Like smoking. I bet lots of smokers are against smoking. Most heavy smokers I talked to said smoking is horrible for health and I should never even start.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LeCola View Post
    He was controlled by Fetullah Gülen.

Now, he is still controlled by Gülen.

Enes has never kicked out from Turkey. When he left, Gülen and AKP were allies.

He is not a freedom fighter, he is just a member of an islamic community.

If you ask who controls Gülen, I would say I always think he is a CIA agent. My theory is that they want to make him Papa of muslims, so they can control people in middle east easier.
    Good point, never knew that. Everything about Kanter's shtick seems contrived.

Funny thing is that having to appeal to the zealots like you is why republicans become such a caricature of conservative beliefs when they hit the national level. If they could be themselves a lot of them would have a chance to convert someone like me who will listen to any argument if you make it well. That isn’t realistic though. Almost nobody in politics is as far left or right as they have to be to appeal to enough people to win in such a polarized world where the zealots are turned off by nuance.

I could play the role of a Republican or a democrat if I had to but the left would call me too conservative and the right would call me a rino.

Can’t just take each issue as a lone issue. Have to line it all up with your team. Makes the top guys on both sides seem pretty fake to me but the people republicans have to appeal to and get it bed with(probably while holding their noses) tend to make them hard to stomach for me.
    Solid post.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kawhileonard2 View Post
    I've never taken Kanter seriously as an NBA player.

I'll take "Kanter Freedom" seriously when he learns what it takes to be a true citizen- calling out injustice within our own borders. If he actually cares about Muslims and isn't a intel pawn, he should be screaming bloody murder over Guantanamo- a torture laboratory where we torture people who have never stood trial. By and large all Muslims. Not white muslims like the Uyghurs who have European origins but nonetheless.

I'll take Kanter seriously when he calls out the 1 million civilians in the Muslim world were killed by our wars in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. You earn trust by calling out our own misdeeds before you start pointing the finger elsewhere.

Until then all his talk on Uyghurs in China is just hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by DevBooker'sMask View Post

Please do not call him that, it's disrespectful.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore DevBooker'sMask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Please do not call him that, it's disrespectful.
    i apologized my bad your right

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DevBooker'sMask View Post
    Agreed!

Decent college freshman

West wing. And yea about 4 of them. But they all won every argument:

A woman destroys the case for the equal rights amendment that used to come up now and then.

And nah IÂ’m not particularly conservative but I have been asked by conservatives who hy I wouldnÂ’t run for local office as one. People just kindaÂ….assume I am for whatever reason.
    Nice scene there, great logical argument by that lady.

I understand you never were on either side, but you gotta admit the left has gone mostly off the rails with their ideas and leadership, especially the last 6 years or so (corona, lgbtq,omb, blm agendda, crime infested blue states etc)? I saw you many times disagreeing with the more conservative posts here than the ridiculous leftist agenda posts, always felt like you knew better but it's cool

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

ENES FREEDOM needs to shut his %@#^ing mouth about LeBruce Banner James
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 12-01-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    Good point, never knew that. Everything about Kanter's shtick seems contrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    I've never taken Kanter seriously as an NBA player.

I'll take "Kanter Freedom" seriously when he learns what it takes to be a true citizen- calling out injustice within our own borders. If he actually cares about Muslims and isn't a intel pawn, he should be screaming bloody murder over Guantanamo- a torture laboratory where we torture people who have never stood trial. By and large all Muslims. Not white muslims like the Uyghurs who have European origins but nonetheless.

I'll take Kanter seriously when he calls out the 1 million civilians in the Muslim world were killed by our wars in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. You earn trust by calling out our own misdeeds before you start pointing the finger elsewhere.

Until then all his talk on Uyghurs in China is just hypocrisy.
    Congratulations on buying into all the anti-American propaganda. Not only are you flat out wrong, you're misinformed and ignorant.

High School Starter

Everybody are so concerned about Uyghurs ever since China started to threat US economical and political dominance.

It's just a coincidence, I am sure. Americans are very empathetc people. Very commendable!