Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: “Scottie’s the Best Player in the League. You Could Play in the League Right Now”

Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish View Post
    your problem is accepting those player's & coaches opinions as facts. Zeke's comments on the topic has flip flopped many times depending on his mood.
    Again. It didn't flip flop. Thomas was referencing what happened in 92. You guys comprehension skills can't possibly be this bad. By the mid to late 90s, Thomas constantly said Pippen was one of the best players in the NBA.
    Last edited by 97 bulls; 12-03-2021 at 01:13 AM.

Default Re: “Scottie’s the Best Player in the League. You Could Play in the League Right Now”

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    BINGO!! A lot of DELUSIONAL Pip fans fall into that. My opinions of Pip ARE BASED on a number of factors. The ULTIMATE player is the guy who has great scoring ability AND very good to great all around ability in one package. Pip was NEVER that type of player. Not a diss JUST FACTS! On Open Court, I heard Zeke and Webber BOTH say they preferred Nique as a player over Pippen. On a peak-prime level, I agree with that. On a GOAT level, I give Pip the edge due to his overall resume. And FOR THE RECORD, Nique is my favorite player of all time. Yet I'm willing to admit GOAT wise Pip has the edge. Peak-prime wise, give me Nique!

Yet with six rings Pip NEVER CAME CLOSE to top 10-15 GOAT level status. Hell was never argued by ANY TV analyst, sports writer, former player, current player on television on that level. This is with six rings!!! Why is that for somebody with a resume as decorated as Pippen's. It's BECAUSE of his peak-prime value. It's the ONLY LOGICAL REASON!

Pip's one of the VERY SMALL AMOUNT of players that can say he revolutionized his position FLAT OUT! His 6'8 freak athletic point forward shit was the BLUEPRINT for G Hill and Bron down the road. So his solo accolades, team accolades, longevity being great and redefining a position WEREN'T the problem. He DIDN'T have the blend of great scoring ability AND very good to great all around ability that the MJs, Brons, Kobes, Magics, Birds, KDs, Wades, Oscars, Wests, Baylors, Barrys, Hondos, etc. on the perimeter. So peak-prime wise, he HAS to fall behind those guys.

So instead of being a top 10-15 GOAT legend with 6 rings, he's a top 30 legend type legend with six rings. Bill Russell in the top 5-6 GOAT is the EXCEPTION for a non-alpha dog scorer to be on the level. Because he had 11 rings and 5 MVPS. Pip accolades WHILE IMPRESSIVE weren't on that level to put him in that area.
    Bro. You're giving your opinion. Now you're trying to back up your opinion by saying alluding to top 10-15. How many coaches and players have ever actually listed anything past a top 10? It normally a top 5 or a starting 5. I'm not even saying your wrong. Because it's your opinion. But I hold the opinions of the best that ever done it over some dude on the internet. And again, if the best are saying he was the best,, then why can't you just accept it?