Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: World Chess Championship: Magnus vs Nepo

Nepo's outclassed, Fabi played him much better. Alireza will dethrone Magnus in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    That a high rated chess player can memorize 4 boards simultaneously. And he's 'only' a 2200 rated master.
    I'm sure there are GMs who can't do that, it's an entirely different skill.

The world record for blindfold chess has been broken by Timur Gareyev, a 28-year-old US grandmaster. He played 48 games simultaneously in Las Vegas in December, scoring 80%, wearing an actual blindfold and taking 23 hours, all the while on an exercise bike on which he rode the equivalent of 50 miles
    Gareyev was never a top 100 chess player

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    That a high rated chess player can memorize 4 boards simultaneously. And he's 'only' a 2200 rated master.

Georges Koltanowski played 34 simultaneous blindfold games back in 1937. He had 24 wins and 10 draws, no losses.

Good college starter

Wow lots of chess players here. How many of you have actually beaten a master?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    Wow lots of chess players here. How many of you have actually beaten a master?
    Grand Master is what, 2500 ELO? I can say everyone here is much lower than that. A better question would be if anyone has drawn against an FM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    I'm sure there are GMs who can't do that, it's an entirely different skill.

Gareyev was never a top 100 chess player
    +1 High IQ

Blind folded memorization is a different skillset from a one-on-one slug fest like Fabi and Carlsen with their 12 consecutive draws.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    I'm actually curious as to what FultzNationrise has to say about the event.
    QFT

This thread need Fultz. Hope he's not a Nepo fan and that's why he hasn't posted yet.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

I like chess, and I've followed a few vids on Magnus in recent years. What are your guys ratings in various game-types (like say on chess.com app?)

I personally just do a few chess puzzles a day so I'm probably WAY lower at actual start to completion games but on chess puzzles the past few years I plummeted to like an awful 400ish rating (from the 1200 starting point) and slowly in about 2500 attempts climbed my way up to 1500s. I just do it for fun between work projects and whatnot when I need to change mental gears. Dabbled with 5 minute games but I feel too rushed and notice people definitely play different than AI so I haven't dove into them too much but intend to do so down the road. Where are you guys at with the game?

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    I like chess, and I've followed a few vids on Magnus in recent years. What are your guys ratings in various game-types (like say on chess.com app?)

I personally just do a few chess puzzles a day so I'm probably WAY lower at actual start to completion games but on chess puzzles the past few years I plummeted to like an awful 400ish rating (from the 1200 starting point) and slowly in about 2500 attempts climbed my way up to 1500s. I just do it for fun between work projects and whatnot when I need to change mental gears. Dabbled with 5 minute games but I feel too rushed and notice people definitely play different than AI so I haven't dove into them too much but intend to do so down the road. Where are you guys at with the game?
    1500 is good. I'm above that and below 2300.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation View Post
    +1 High IQ

Blind folded memorization is a different skillset from a one-on-one slug fest like Fabi and Carlsen with their 12 consecutive draws.

QFT

This thread need Fultz. Hope he's not a Nepo fan and that's why he hasn't posted yet.
    Youre a cringe loser seek help twerp

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    Youre a cringe loser seek help twerp
    Are you ok?