Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: 12 major cities hit all-time homicide records

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    I honestly don't know, I just know things need to change. There are too many public shootings. Unfortunately there isn't a controlled experiment to compare it to, so no matter what it's going to be a trial and error system. And it's going to inconvenience law-abiding gun owners like yourself. I'm sorry that's just the reality, and I'm fine with it(just speaking for myself) if it means safer schools for our kids. Personally, I think things are more systemic like I listed in my earlier post.

No doubt. I can't get behind the whole open borders thing I think it's asinine. I hear the dumbest arguments for it too like "oh we have plenty of space in Oklahoma and Wyoming..." like stfu you know? Despite having all that open space and insanely high living costs in NY and LA, people still flock to the most desirable cities. And if we allow mass immigration like you said it'll be no different, most of them are going to try to go to the larger cities and making them even more crowded.

And I have no problem with legal immigration. America was built on it. We take the brightest chinese, indian etc students and they subsequently create competition as well as contributing directly to the US market. And before that we had the irish and italian immigrants who built NY. Immigration is key, but unfortunately with our population ballooning to 330mil now we have to be selective. Unless we want wealth gap like China's and China's 996 work culture.

Prisons can't be privatized and for-profit. We need to focus on criminal reform than simply just punishment.

As far as police go, I don't know if defunding them is the answer. Maybe more of it going towards training than military gear. There's definitely a systemic issue in some states. Nevada police are incentivized to seize large amounts of cash and that actually helps fund their bonuses. It's quite disgusting.

That being said, I've never had a bad run-in with the police and I definitely want to be able to call them if I ever feel unsafe.

lol I'm not gonna pretend like I know what AR stands for without googling it, and I own one. If I had to guess I would have said assault or arming rifle, but yeah if I'm holding office and giving a speech on it I would have done my homework.

I don't think limiting firearm purchase for law abiding citizens is the answer. NH has lax gun laws and is annually one of the top states in firearm sales and manufacturing, so I'm sure they have a ton of gun ownership and yet they're one of the safest states. The problem will always be poorer areas in general. Make those poorer areas densely populated like the inner cities? It's basically a powderkeg.
    Fair points. And I think everyone is in favor of legal immigration. I certainly hope the Left doesn't think Conservatives are against any type of immigration cause that's just another big lie. We favor legal immigration cause we favor checks and balances. To not know who is coming in and out of this country is asinine on all levels. My parents came here legally, so everyone should wait in line and do it the right way. Not come over just for profit, but for a love of being American. Which is a whole other problem in itself now that we are allowing so many people in from the Middle East right now and it is proven that these people do not assimilate. But that's for a whole other topic. The best and most appreciative migrants that I have encountered are from the poorest of countries like in Africa, Haiti, the Caribbean, Central and South America, and some of Europe. So yes, for reasons you state, legal immigration is a great tool this country has for continued success.

And yes, we will turn into China and be unsustainable if we don't slow it down. Look at Europe. Europe will be unrecognizable in 30 years.

In terms of criminal reform, I think we need to focus on mental health and that should be a top issue for any administration right now. Just like the Fox News arsonist. He's mentally unstable. So what does the city do? They release back into the streets. Do you think a mentally unstable man like that will show up for his court date? Ha! But in terms of criminal reform, that will be tough. The type of criminality here in the United States is unmatched in the rest of the world I think. So it will be tough. Does California still have the 3 strikes and you're out rule? Never mind, that's a redundant question . And in New York, stop and frisk worked. But of course, the snowflakes ruined it cause they realized that a majority of the perpetrators committing these offenses were minorities. Mind you, most of the crime committed in cities like these are committed by minorities.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    In terms of criminal reform, I think we need to focus on mental health and that should be a top issue for any administration right now. Just like the Fox News arsonist. He's mentally unstable. So what does the city do? They release back into the streets. Do you think a mentally unstable man like that will show up for his court date? Ha! But in terms of criminal reform, that will be tough. The type of criminality here in the United States is unmatched in the rest of the world I think. So it will be tough. Does California still have the 3 strikes and you're out rule? Never mind, that's a redundant question . And in New York, stop and frisk worked. But of course, the snowflakes ruined it cause they realized that a majority of the perpetrators committing these offenses were minorities. Mind you, most of the crime committed in cities like these are committed by minorities.
    Yeah I don't know what changes we can really make. Chinese people started off like shit in this country too, facing racism and building railroads. They have this 'work your ass off until you make yourself undeniable' attitude that makes them and indians the highest median earning households today. No one rolled out the red carpet for them to succeed, they just grabbed the US by the balls and handled their shit. And I get there's racism still going on today. I've always said I can understand why black people are skeptical about the vaccine because of what happened to them during the crack epidemic. But at some point you need to stop pointing at everyone else for your problems and realize the whites who happen to be the ignorant racist whites who hate blacks are also the racist whites who hate asians... and asians are kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    I don't think limiting firearm purchase for law abiding citizens is the answer. NH has lax gun laws and is annually one of the top states in firearm sales and manufacturing, so I'm sure they have a ton of gun ownership and yet they're one of the safest states. The problem will always be poorer areas in general. Make those poorer areas densely populated like the inner cities? It's basically a powderkeg.
    Gun violence is not associated with all poor areas, just poor urban areas. In poor rural areas there is very little gun violence, there is very little gun violence in rural america in general... the vast majority of gun violence is gang related and occurs in major cities, and handguns are responsible for 95% or more of this gun violence.

Many of the cities with the highest levels of gun violence (like Chicago) have special rules making it more difficult to own a gun... meanwhile in most of rural Illinois gun laws are quite lax and gun violence is very low.
    Last edited by Nanners; 12-11-2021 at 04:13 AM.