Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Why was Kobe infamously “inefficient?”

i see two conflicting narratives around here whenever kobe is brought up along with his stats, some of you say it’s because he picked bad shots and was too trigger happy, others say it’s because he faced extremely tough defenses + injuries, in addition to kobe being the go-to guy for bailout shots

so is it a combination of all of these factors/reasons or is there an actual answer removed from trolling?

genuinely curious

Default Re: Why was Kobe infamously “inefficient?”

Well he seems to be a ballhog so obsessed in shooting the ball even if it wasn't logical to do so.

Local High School Star

That's a myth kobe for most of his prime was one of the most efficient players at his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio View Post
    That's a myth kobe for most of his prime was one of the most efficient players at his position.
    So you going to ignore the majority of his career?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    So you going to ignore the majority of his career?
    No I'm ignoring minority of his career.

Poor shot selection and ego.

Banned

2009-2010 title runs he has 46\36\86 shooting splits which is pretty efficient. So I would say it's exaggerated. I don't think he was as deadly of a scorer as Kawhi or Durant or Jordan can be. I also think Kobe lacks a true dominant peak year like the other top 10-15 guys.

His advanced stats suck for a top 10 guy and are more like a top 25 guy as well. Tough player to evaluate but i don't believe he's better then Kawhi.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi_Why_Not View Post
    2009-2010 title runs he has 46\36\86 shooting splits which is pretty efficient. So I would say it's exaggerated. I don't think he was as deadly of a scorer as Kawhi or Durant or Jordan can be. I also think Kobe lacks a true dominant peak year like the other top 10-15 guys.

His advanced stats suck for a top 10 guy and are more like a top 25 guy as well. Tough player to evaluate but i don't believe he's better then Kawhi.
    this forum delivers as always

Kobe was NOT inefficient in his percentage relative to the league's average. He was inefficient in a lot of his shot selection.

Imagine Durant just forcing every shot and never pass. He'd still likely be above league average in efficiency but would be quite a bit lower than what it is now.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by outofstomach View Post
    i see two conflicting narratives around here whenever kobe is brought up along with his stats, some of you say it’s because he picked bad shots and was too trigger happy, others say it’s because he faced extremely tough defenses + injuries, in addition to kobe being the go-to guy for bailout shots

so is it a combination of all of these factors/reasons or is there an actual answer removed from trolling?

genuinely curious
    It's a combination of all the factors but the main 2 i'd say are the defensive era he was in and his inability to be as efficient on bailout shots and tough shots as someone like mj.

Banned

kobe's actually more offensively skilled than a player like jordan. his prime just came in an era where the average wing defender wasn't 6'3, 180 lbs. the rules of that era also allowed more defensive schemes than man/double. his low basketball iq/shot selection is also partly to blame.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    kobe's actually more offensively skilled than a player like jordan. his prime just came in an era where the average wing defender wasn't 6'3, 180 lbs. the rules of that era also allowed more defensive schemes than man/double. his low basketball iq/shot selection is also partly to blame.
    https://www.thehoopsgeek.com/average-nba-height/ once again this dipshit dosn't have a clue what he's talking about. 2 gaurds and small fowards were pretty much the same height as you can see by facts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    https://www.thehoopsgeek.com/average-nba-height/ once again this dipshit dosn't have a clue what he's talking about. 2 gaurds and small fowards were pretty much the same height as you can see by facts lol.
    Any idea who Johnny32 alt belongs to?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    to touch on this further.

80/90s wing defenders 6'6 or taller that made an all defensive team.

mj
    rodney mccray
    rodman
    pippen
    majerle
    derrick mckey
    eddie jones

imagine if kobe's prime was in that ^ era.

00/10s wing defenders 6'6 or taller that made an all defensive team.

bowen
    christie
    kobe
    artest
    ak47
    prince
    battier
    lebron
    thabo
    g. wallace
    iggy
    deng
    pg13
    butler
    kawhi
    giannis
    dray
    danny green
    andre roberson
    robert covington
    klay

instead of that ^ era.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Baller789 View Post
    Any idea who Johnny32 alt belongs to?
    Nah i have no idea but he sounds like every other bron stan on here so he could be anyone of them or all of them lol