Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: the new matrix is the worst movie since lady ghostbusters/dumb and dumber To

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    the first one was great. huh? even now it's still good. at the time it was a top 10 movie ever. the sequels ruined it but looking back they're not nearly as bad as today's vomit. the special effects are mostly what made these kinds of movies like with terminator 2. and today they're less impressive. but the writing for the first movie was great. it's a good story. never heard anyone trash the original before. odd. to say it's decent at best is just low IQ
    I assume you mean the first half of the movie was great. That was the only interesting part of the original Matrix.

The entire second half was the generic Hollywood financial formula of "Fight scenes and a love story." I mean if you're really, really into cinematography I guess it had some new, cool stuff. But in terms of a story arc and substance? It starts off with top 10 potential, then flatlines as just another "fight scenes + love story = blockbuster" mass production. Though, again, some people like that formula and if they do that's fine. Opinions can be different.

Banned

Default Re: the new matrix is the worst movie since lady ghostbusters/dumb and dumber To

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I assume you mean the first half of the movie was great. That was the only interesting part of the original Matrix.

The entire second half was the generic Hollywood financial formula of "Fight scenes and a love story." I mean if you're really, really into cinematography I guess it had some new, cool stuff. But in terms of a story arc and substance? It starts off with top 10 potential, then flatlines as just another "fight scenes + love story = blockbuster" mass production. Though, again, some people like that formula and if they do that's fine. Opinions can be different.
    its an action/science fiction movie.. its not shawshank redemption. for its genre and era its a perfect movie. it's like fight club. its one of those movies where you had to be there at a certain age. you had to be white. you had to be coming into adulthood. you couldn't be too old or too young. you need a level of ignorance but also an understanding of things.

you were probly just too young at the time. another movie like this is pulp fiction. its just part of our culture. you're probly 30 or younger and just missed out.

its an action/science fiction movie.. its not shawshank redemption. for its genre and era its a perfect movie. it's like fight club. its one of those movies where you had to be there at a certain age. you had to be white. you had to be coming into adulthood. you couldn't be too old or too young. you need a level of ignorance but also an understanding of things.
    What?

I'm likely around your age and I think what you just wrote is absolute nonsense. I'd honestly rather watch a movie such as They Live than The Matrix. And no, I'm not saying They Live is as well made as The Matrix. The story is more enjoyable though.

you were probly just too young at the time. another movie like this is pulp fiction. its just part of our culture. you're probly 30 or younger and just missed out.

I lol'd out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    It's crazy how girly you are.
    This. /Thread.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I lol'd out loud.
    its true though. black people like black movies waaaaaay more. ones that aren't even good like Tyler perry stuff. that black panther movie was trash and people would go to see it 10 times just to root for a black superhero. I like Friday, dont be a menace, boyz in the hood and menace to society. but for every one of these there's 20 barber shops or white chicks type failures.

the matrix spawned the trench coat mafia/columbine shootings. it was part of a culture that didn't appeal to the hiphop community at the time. they were more into Friday after next or next Friday or this Sunday or whatever