Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: "If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask" - Joe Biden

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    Barely. Only in stores so I wouldn't get hassled. I exposed my nose to make sure I was "cheating".
    now that's living on the edge!

Default Re: "If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask" - Joe Biden

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    now that's living on the edge!
    It's a funny thing mocking people for not being rebels in their every day life.

Most people want to live within the rules of society, they just want those rules to make sense.
    Do you think I want to risk a $100 fine for walking around outside without a mask? Do you think I want to be told by random people in the street to wear a mask, worrying if they might take a picture call the police on me?
    The answer to both of those are no, but it's what will happen if I don't put on a mask when stepping outside my house, because that's what the government has mandated.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    It's a funny thing mocking people for not being rebels in their every day life.

Most people want to live within the rules of society, they just want those rules to make sense.
    Do you think I want to risk a $100 fine for walking around outside without a mask? Do you think I want to be told by random people in the street to wear a mask, worrying if they might take a picture call the police on me?
    The answer to both of those are no, but it's what will happen if I don't put on a mask when stepping outside my house, because that's what the government has mandated.
    johnnysic doesn't live in australia where those things are happening. good luck to you with all of that (seriously, good luck because i don't know how you maintain your sanity).

he lives in boston. you don't 'rebel' against power by pulling your mask down in a store filled with civilians. the civilians around you aren't the ones putting the indoor mask policies in place. pulling your mask down talking about some 'oh boy, i'll show them' and then turning around and boasting about it on insidehoops has to be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. that's not being a rebel. it's being a teenager.

if you want to make a statement and feel that strongly about it, then go protest in front of the mayor or governor's home. that's of course not going to do a thing so you may as well just accept it as a daily inconvenience just like your morning shit or getting stuck in traffic.

that being said, i don't like it either and you know where i stand on all of this covid hysteria.

I wasn't trying to be a rebel, I just didn't care. My mask would slip down my face and I wouldn't think twice about it. Half the time, I would forget and leave my mask in my car. It was all bs and some of us knew and just didn't care from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    johnnysic doesn't live in australia where those things are happening. good luck to you with all of that (seriously, good luck because i don't know how you maintain your sanity).

he lives in boston. you don't 'rebel' against power by pulling your mask down in a store filled with civilians. the civilians around you aren't the ones putting the indoor mask policies in place. pulling your mask down talking about some 'oh boy, i'll show them' and then turning around and boasting about it on insidehoops has to be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. that's not being a rebel. it's being a teenager.

if you want to make a statement and feel that strongly about it, then go protest in front of the mayor or governor's home. that's of course not going to do a thing so you may as well just accept it as a daily inconvenience just like your morning shit or getting stuck in traffic.

that being said, i don't like it either and you know where i stand on all of this covid hysteria.
    I don't live in Australia, this stuff is happening in a few places around Europe as well.

In the most recent mandate I thought for a day or two that a lot of people weren't going to be complying(neither was I), but after a couple stories in the newspapers about how many had been receiving fines more or less everyone wears them in public now.
    It's just shitty, one of my neighbours felt strongly enough about to comment about how I should wear a mask one day while getting back from a store. I thought for a second about starting an argument because he was on his way out his door and hadn't put a mask on yet either, but I don't want to be arguing about stupid shit with my neighbours.

But yeah, I like to walk to work as most of the 2,5 miles is along the coast, it's not nice though when wearing a mask. Unless you're smoking, eating or running that is, at that point you're allowed to take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    I don't live in Australia, this stuff is happening in a few places around Europe as well.

In the most recent mandate I thought for a day or two that a lot of people weren't going to be complying(neither was I), but after a couple stories in the newspapers about how many had been receiving fines more or less everyone wears them in public now.
    It's just shitty, one of my neighbours felt strongly enough about to comment about how I should wear a mask one day while getting back from a store. I thought for a second about starting an argument because he was on his way out his door and hadn't put a mask on yet either, but I don't want to be arguing about stupid shit with my neighbours.

But yeah, I like to walk to work as most of the 2,5 miles is along the coast, it's not nice though when wearing a mask. Unless you're smoking, eating or running that is, at that point you're allowed to take it off.
    i thought i recalled you mentioning that you lived in australia at one point, my mistake. but hear you man... like i said i don't know how you guys keep your cool living under those extreme policies. especially nearly two years into this shit. i've said it before - if vaccines weren't the end game, then who knows where we're going with all of this.

but the point i was making regarding johnny was that you're not making any kind of a statement by stirring the rabble amongst other powerless people. blame the power centers and media that enables them, not the sheep lost amongst the herd. it's all so similar to the culture wars that we engage in that keeps us jumping at each other's throats while the people actually responsible for the chaos kick their feet up and laugh all the way to the bank. in this case the pharmaceutical companies and the politicians that take legal bribes from them.

anyway, hang in there. i listened to this the other day, you'd probably find it interesting. listen to it on your walk to work, take your mind off of that face diaper.

Last edited by diamenz; 01-02-2022 at 05:50 PM.