Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
  1. #16
    Lol RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    45,733

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    “Duh-uhhhh-uhhh”-Chewing, Msbutthurt, Johnnysic and Long Duck Dong

  2. #17
    I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,066

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    She is a little bit of a nutcase and prone to some extreme views IMO. Her banning off Twitter isn't as nearly concerning as the people who salivate over platforms that silence people of different opinions.

    Unfortunately it shows they can easily be controlled by liberal white corporate elites. Some of this stuff is straight out sci-fi movies from the 80s and 90s. Just 15 years ago people saw these movies and scoffed, "Naw that could never happen in the US". It's pretty much here now. The crazy thing is people assumed it would be the left who the rebels against corporate manipulation and society control. Nope they are the ones embracing it. Only until they actually succeed in near total victory over those with different opinions will they realize, "Whoa! What have we done?". Pretty much what happened in Mao China, Communist Russia and Nazi Germany.
    "The perfect dictatorship would have the appearance of a democracy, but would basically be a prison without walls in which the prisoners would not even dream of escaping. It would essentially be a system of slavery where, through consumption and entertainment, the slaves would love their servitudes. "
    Quote by Aldous Huxley circa the Great Depression era.

  3. #18
    NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,036

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Quote by Aldous Huxley circa the Great Depression era.
    I wonder which society he'd despise more. The patriotism fueled society run by a morality police government of the 90s and early 2000s. Or the authoritarian technocracy our nation is becoming now.

  4. #19
    I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,066

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    I wonder which society he'd despise more. The patriotism fueled society run by a morality police government of the 90s and early 2000s. Or the authoritarian technocracy our nation is becoming now.
    For sure the latter. He would say our addiction to screen time is the exact obsession he was talking about that keeps us prisoners.

    Whether we're right or left on here I think most people agree billionaires becoming too rich and too powerful to the point they're writing laws is a problem. We all want to boycott Amazon, but most of their revenue is from their web service and this is the who's who of who AWS does business with:

    Aon, Adobe, Airbnb, Alcatel-Lucent, AOL, Acquia, AdRoll, AEG, Alert Logic, Autodesk, Bitdefender, BMW, British Gas, Baidu, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Canon, Capital One, Channel 4, Chef, Citrix, Coinbase, Comcast, Coursera, Disney, Docker, Dow Jones, European Space Agency, ESPN, Expedia, Financial Times, FINRA, General Electric, GoSquared, Guardian News & Media, Harvard Medical School, Hearst Corporation, Hitachi, HTC, IMDb, International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research, International Civil Aviation Organization, ITV, iZettle, Johnson & Johnson, JustGiving, JWT, Kaplan, Kellogg’s, Lamborghini, Lonely Planet, Lyft, Made.com, McDonalds, NASA, NASDAQ OMX, National Rail Enquiries, National Trust, Netflix, News International, News UK, Nokia, Nordstrom, Novartis, Pfizer, Philips, Pinterest, Quantas, Reddit, Sage, Samsung, SAP, Schneider Electric, Scribd, Securitas Direct, Siemens, Slack, Sony, SoundCloud, Spotify, Square Enix, Tata Motors, The Weather Company, Twitch, Turner Broadcasting,Ticketmaster, Time Inc., Trainline, Ubisoft, UCAS, Unilever, US Department of State, USDA Food and Nutrition Service, UK Ministry of Justice, Vodafone Italy, WeTransfer, WIX, Xiaomi, Yelp, Zynga and Zillow.
    How tf do you get away from that? I don't want to live in a commune, I literally have no applicable skills for that. I don't know the first thing about agriculture. And how do you get away from corrupt healthcare and Big Pharma? You don't, you're not as free as you think. And that's what he meant in the quote.

  5. #20
    NBA sixth man of the year Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Low Rent Dist of Raider Nation
    Posts
    7,672

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Misinformation according to whom? And who cares if it's actually misinformation?
    Pretty much sums up Poopsie knowledge of everything.

  6. #21
    NBA sixth man of the year Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Low Rent Dist of Raider Nation
    Posts
    7,672

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Before Poopsie start screaming "Cancel Culture" and "Silencing," keep in mind.

    Twitter has the constitutional right to ban anyone from its platform for any reason.

    The First Amendment only prevents Government from sanctioning protected speech. It does not prevent private companies like Twitter from banning people who lie constantly, like Marjorie Taylor Green does.

    If you don't understand this, please stay in school, Poopsie.

  7. #22
    Burning Spirit! BurningHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    BMO Field
    Posts
    9,529

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    MTG could just borrow her friend's twitters or other big platforms and continue to do her nonsense stuff. They are still plenty of time to cause more damages to everything including her own party.

  8. #23
    NBA sixth man of the year Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Low Rent Dist of Raider Nation
    Posts
    7,672

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Hey MAGATS, you know who is still on Twitter? AOC.

  9. #24
    I Insist JohnnySic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Twitter is a dying platform anyway; its like myspace circa 2007. Pretty soon conservatives will all be on Gettr and libs will have their echo chamber to discuss important topics like trying to figure out which bathroom to use.

  10. #25
    Local High School Star Off the Court's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    1,430

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    Twitter is a dying platform anyway; its like myspace circa 2007. Pretty soon conservatives will all be on Gettr and libs will have their echo chamber to discuss important topics like trying to figure out which bathroom to use.



  11. #26
    Death to Liberalism Patrick Chewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    33,192

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post


    How many alts do you have on Twitter, RRR3?? You have a problem, clown.

  12. #27
    Death to Liberalism Patrick Chewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    33,192

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    Twitter is a dying platform anyway; its like myspace circa 2007. Pretty soon conservatives will all be on Gettr and libs will have their echo chamber to discuss important topics like trying to figure out which bathroom to use.
    Only issue I have with Twitter is that all the sports journalists and writers aren't on the other platforms. In terms of reading rumors for trades and draft news, we still have to use Twitter.

  13. #28
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,486

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    She is a little bit of a nutcase and prone to some extreme views IMO. Her banning off Twitter isn't as nearly concerning as the people who salivate over platforms that silence people of different opinions.

    Unfortunately it shows they can easily be controlled by liberal white corporate elites. Some of this stuff is straight out sci-fi movies from the 80s and 90s. Just 15 years ago people saw these movies and scoffed, "Naw that could never happen in the US". It's pretty much here now. The crazy thing is people assumed it would be the left who the rebels against corporate manipulation and society control. Nope they are the ones embracing it. Only until they actually succeed in near total victory over those with different opinions will they realize, "Whoa! What have we done?". Pretty much what happened in Mao China, Communist Russia and Nazi Germany.
    The funniest platform is reddit when it comes to their hypocrisy. Reddit is filled with half baked intellectual wannabe dorks like OP that HATE corporatism and the power it has over people ~ they constantly complain about the low wages and exploitation and profiteering and yet.... they also ferverently support these corporate Pharma and media giants that have been making money hand over fist ever since the plandemic started, and are in bed with government on mandates which along with the censorship and endless propaganda is quite literally the definition of facism. Were dealing with literal retards here.

  14. #29
    I Insist JohnnySic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Only issue I have with Twitter is that all the sports journalists and writers aren't on the other platforms. In terms of reading rumors for trades and draft news, we still have to use Twitter.
    Yep. I keep my twitter account because there are other accounts I like to follow. related to finance and other topics. Twitter can be a decent site but its very much on a topic-by-topic basis. Foe politics an d social issues, twitter is libtard Disneyland.

  15. #30
    I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,066

    Default Re: Fascist loon Marjorie Taylor Greene suspended from twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The funniest platform is reddit when it comes to their hypocrisy. Reddit is filled with half baked intellectual wannabe dorks like OP that HATE corporatism and the power it has over people ~ they constantly complain about the low wages and exploitation and profiteering and yet.... they also ferverently support these corporate Pharma and media giants that have been making money hand over fist ever since the plandemic started, and are in bed with government on mandates which along with the censorship and endless propaganda is quite literally the definition of facism. Were dealing with literal retards here.
    Using Reddit in of itself is supporting Amazon. Amazon's retail sector is relatively small as far as profits go, it's just what they're known for. AWS is their golden goose.

    But real talk, is it not okay to not like American capitalism but still be forced to participate? It doesn't make someone a hypocrite. You can hate big pharma and still take an ibuprofen for a headache. Not talking about Reddit here, just trying to gauge where you draw the line on hypocrisy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •