Learning to shoot layups

Default LaMelo vs. Lonzo, who's BETTER?

LaMelo is definitely better in terms of numbers - he is averaging more ppt, rebounds, and assists this season.

Anybody taking Lonzo?

Banned

Default Re: LaMelo vs. Lonzo, who's BETTER?

lamelo by a mile lmao. lonzos a sidekick and lamelos an allstar and his teams leader

lonzo doesn't have the balls to be great. he's a beta male. lamelo gives zero f*cks and plays free and easy.

Dunking on everybody in the park expansionera's Avatar

LaMelo, he’s still a kid and already better than his eldest brother. Just like with the Marbury brothers the youngest gets to learn from the oldest

I'd take Lonzo over LaMelo for the Playoffs this year. LaMelo is the better talent and will be the better player but he's too raw right now, makes too many risky plays offensively (still gets benched at times) and isn't anywhere near Lonzo as a defensive player. If you're asking me to pick which one I'd have on the Lakers for this season, I'd take Zo in a heartbeat. He's the better floor-spacer and an incredible defender (Bulls are almost 5 pts per 100 poss better on D with him on the court) and he knows his role on a team.

I was totally wrong about LaMelo being a bust, but I still can't trust him, honestly. I don't think he will ever mature out of some of the things he does as a basketball player.

Just born to be a goofy risk taking loose cannon. Give me Lonzo for defense and more reliability to fit a smaller role.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    I was totally wrong about LaMelo being a bust, but I still can't trust him, honestly. I don't think he will ever mature out of some of the things he does as a basketball player.

Just born to be a goofy risk taking loose cannon. Give me Lonzo for defense and more reliability to fit a smaller role.
    It's is second year. A little early to think he won't ever mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Lonzo right now ... he changed his shot and has been a difference maker for the Bull's ... ie- 3rd option.

Lamelo I like watching , but he needs an NBA body , he needs to bulk up and in about 3 years he will be the talk of the league.

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I'd take Lonzo over LaMelo for the Playoffs this year. LaMelo is the better talent and will be the better player but he's too raw right now, makes too many risky plays offensively (still gets benched at times) and isn't anywhere near Lonzo as a defensive player. If you're asking me to pick which one I'd have on the Lakers for this season, I'd take Zo in a heartbeat. He's the better floor-spacer and an incredible defender (Bulls are almost 5 pts per 100 poss better on D with him on the court) and he knows his role on a team.
    Lonzo is definitely better for the Lakers if they can make a playoff run. Gives us a wing-sized A1 defender and/or a point guard to start over the turnover happy Westbrook. Better playmaker, shooter, and defender. One can only dream.

Lonzo would be sucking with the Lakers, so many people act like they didn't hate him when he was bricking shots off Lebron passes

The truth is, there was too much pressure for him to succeed with Lebron. Deal with it dudes.

I didn't think Lamelo would be this good... and I'm still not convinced he's gonna trend to be a top 3 player in the NBA like some have him on. But he will be better than Lonzo for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    No, that wasn't the question

Lonzo is on a better team lol. He doesn't need to be burdened with carrying primarily since he has good teammates to shoulder the load.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    lamelo by a mile lmao. lonzos a sidekick and lamelos an allstar and his teams leader

lonzo doesn't have the balls to be great. he's a beta male. lamelo gives zero f*cks and plays free and easy.

meant to say lonzo's a role player. my bad. sidekick is way too much for lonzo

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post

This. Lonzo maybe the most effeminate basketball I've ever seen

Dunking on everybody in the park

Lemelo - Groucho
    Lonzo - Chico
    LiAngelo - Zeppo
    Lemello - Harpo

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    I think his body will mature and I think he will stop trying dumb stuff like a between the legs dunk that he misses, but I don't think certain things he will mature out of. It's just his mindset of a gunner and a showboat. I could very well be wrong down the line just like I was before.