Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    I love me some me.
    Posts
    26,947

    Default 2010s all decade teams.










    I assume you wanna fight about it so let me just step aside.

  2. #2
    Local High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,791

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    Hmm maybe Butler is missing?

  3. #3
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    26,798

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    I feel like disagreeing with Melo's inclusion but I'm not sure why. Just feels like he's not that good.

  4. #4
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    40,030

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I feel like disagreeing with Melo's inclusion but I'm not sure why. Just feels like he's not that good.
    he's not

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,273

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    kobe should be 2nd team at the very least. he played from 2010 to 2016 and did this

    2009-10 NBA Champion
    2009-10 NBA Finals MVP
    2009-10 All-Defensive (1st)
    2009-10 All-NBA (1st)
    2009-10 (27/5/5)
    2010-11 All-Defensive (1st)
    2010-11 All-NBA (1st)
    2010-11 All Star MVP
    2010-11 (25/5/5)
    2011-12 All-Defensive (2nd)
    2011-12 All-NBA (1st)
    2011-12 (28/5/5)
    2012 Olympic Gold Medal
    2012-13 All-NBA (1st)
    2012-13 (27/6/6)
    2015-16 (60 point walk off)


    and arguably the 2013 league mvp




  6. #6
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,344

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    It's actually not bad. Replace Blake with Giannis but the others I can deal with.

  7. #7
    NBA All-star FultzNationRISE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9,453

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    That graphic really puts into perspective how overrated most "stars" have been the last 10-20 years or so. Harden, Westbrook, Melo, Davis, Aldridge, Griffin? These are the creme de la creme of an entire decade?

    Puke.

    Thank God the MJ-inspired era of glamorizing iso-playground-ball is finally coming to a close, thanks to the influence of LeRightWay.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 01-17-2022 at 03:22 PM.

  8. #8
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,344

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    kobe should be 2nd team at the very least. he played from 2010 to 2016 and did this

    2009-10 NBA Champion
    2009-10 NBA Finals MVP
    2009-10 All-Defensive (1st)
    2009-10 All-NBA (1st)
    2009-10 (27/5/5)
    2010-11 All-Defensive (1st)
    2010-11 All-NBA (1st)
    2010-11 All Star MVP
    2010-11 (25/5/5)
    2011-12 All-Defensive (2nd)
    2011-12 All-NBA (1st)
    2011-12 (28/5/5)
    2012 Olympic Gold Medal
    2012-13 All-NBA (1st)
    2012-13 (27/6/6)
    2015-16 (60 point walk off)


    and arguably the 2013 league mvp



    He had 3 seasons out of 10 where he was in any way effective. He was a top 3-5 guy in the league for those 3. But it's not enough. 3rd team is pretty appropriate.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,273

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    He had 3 seasons out of 10 where he was in any way effective. He was a top 3-5 guy in the league for those 3. But it's not enough. 3rd team is pretty appropriate.
    4 years actually. and bill walton made the hall of fame off having that much with 1 title in 4 years with the blazers

    are you saying you would rather have Carmelo or westbrick for 10 years than an elite Kobe for 4


    shit I would argue what kobe accomplished should put him 1st team over harden

  10. #10
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,344

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    4 years actually. and bill walton made the hall of fame off having that much with 1 title in 4 years with the blazers

    are you saying you would rather have Carmelo or westbrick for 10 years than an elite Kobe for 4
    Sorry, 4*

    It's not about what I would rather have. Westbrook was a 9x all star, MVP, 2x first team, 5x second team. I mean for fvcks sake, after 2010 Kobe literally played in 22 playoff games.

    Melo is a little bit closer but Kobe has no argument over Westbrook on the all decade team, even if in those couple years where he was effective he was better than Westbrook was.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,273

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Sorry, 4*

    It's not about what I would rather have. Westbrook was a 9x all star, MVP, 2x first team, 5x second team. I mean for fvcks sake, after 2010 Kobe literally played in 22 playoff games.

    Melo is a little bit closer but Kobe has no argument over Westbrook on the all decade team, even if in those couple years where he was effective he was better than Westbrook was.
    obviously you've never seen Westbrook play. give me your PayPal email and il send you some money for league pass

  12. #12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    I love me some me.
    Posts
    26,947

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    It’s kinda like if Lebron gets hurt next year and never recovered. The 2020 ring and 3 more years of good numbers puts him over say…..Luka who should be a top player for all 10 years? Don’t know about that.

  13. #13
    NBA Legend Hey Yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,146

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    4 years actually. and bill walton made the hall of fame off having that much with 1 title in 4 years with the blazers

    are you saying you would rather have Carmelo or westbrick for 10 years than an elite Kobe for 4


    shit I would argue what kobe accomplished should put him 1st team over harden
    Walton's collegiate accomplishments is what helped him get in the HOF

  14. #14
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,344

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    obviously you've never seen Westbrook play. give me your PayPal email and il send you some money for league pass
    I used the exact same metrics you did.

  15. #15
    NBA rookie of the year Shogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,682

    Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I feel like disagreeing with Melo's inclusion but I'm not sure why. Just feels like he's not that good.
    He's not that good, he's never been that good, and he's not an NBA level player right now. He hasn't been for a number of seasons.

    But he is, as a matter of fact, one of the best individual scorers in NBA history. It's just that's his entire game is predicated on scoring. His defense has always been bad, now it's atrocious. His willingness or ability to get others involved in the game is in the toilet and it always has been. He has always been a black hole on offense. This goes beyond box scores and some people will never figure this out. It seeps into team dynamics in ways that we can't quantify.

    Much in the same way that they will look at Bill Russell's scoring numbers and rank him lower than he otherwise should be because their brains are hard wired to prioritize individual scoring and ignore all of the shit that doesn't show up in the box score.

    Carmelo used to be a fantastic individual basketball player. Unfortunately for him, NBA basketball is 5 on 5.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •